Login

russian armor

Maps not showing up in Game

18 Feb 2016, 03:26 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I have them in both directories (the my games one, and the Steam one), and for some reason they are technically in the game, but with no loading screens, no names, and when you click on them to play them, they just take you to the map pool and select whatever map you played on last, but the map itself isn't there when you try to look for it in the drop down box.

I have a description set in game, and I also have the exact name of the save file for the map contained in a folder with the same name (MP\Test\Test.sgb)

I don't have the worldbuilder running when I try to open it up in game, and there are no spaces in the file names, no breaks or anything in the descriptions... all of which were hit in miss in vCoH days.

I really would like some help with this, as I was an old vCoH mapper and this is basically the same in the worldbuilder with some new additions, however it is really frustrating when I have tried everything that I can think of.

A few things that I am unsure about is if:

I need the folder in the steam directory capitalized or not

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\MP"

or would I need to have them lower case for the self made sub folders? I've seen it both ways and I know that vCoH was particular if MP was capped or not, just wondering.

I also tried dl'ing a map from in the game and unpacking it with the SGA tool to see if I was doing anything differently and if I could upload a test version of that map, and it responds the same way as I described above.

Publishing any of these yields the same results as above.

Other than that (which I tested and nothing changed) it doesn't seem to work.

Anybody with any insight I would be really grateful for the help.

Here are some screens of what is happening:

don't know if they will help, but they couldn't hurt.
18 Feb 2016, 03:51 AM

Have you exported your map so that it's a .sga file?
If not, go under File at the top left, then click 'export package'. Saving the map is to make sure that you can edit where you left off, not for playing it in-game.
18 Feb 2016, 03:58 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Have you exported your map so that it's a .sga file?
If not, go under File at the top left, then click 'export package'. Saving the map is to make sure that you can edit where you left off, not for playing it in-game.

Yes it has been exported. Sorry if I didn't make that clear when I was talking about when it saves the files in the two separate paths (.sga in My Games directory and the .sgb and accompanying files are in the Steam directory).

18 Feb 2016, 04:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 03:58 AMTric

Yes it has been exported. Sorry if I didn't make that clear when I was talking about when it saves the files in the two separate paths (.sga in My Games directory and the .sgb and accompanying files are in the Steam directory).

What I did when I made my map, was just save and export everything to my games. It seems to automatically transfer to my steam directory.
18 Feb 2016, 04:11 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

What I did when I made my map, was just save and export everything to my games. It seems to automatically transfer to my steam directory.

Yes, the .sgb files automatically go to the steam directory and the .sga exports to the My Games... you need all the files in My Games? That is what literally none of the resources I've found said... unless I misunderstand you.
18 Feb 2016, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 04:11 AMTric

Yes, the .sgb files automatically go to the steam directory and the .sga exports to the My Games... you need all the files in My Games? That is what literally none of the resources I've found said... unless I misunderstand you.

It's just what worked for me.
18 Feb 2016, 09:10 AM

Scertan characters like "SPACE" is banned in the mapprodjectname and will prevent maps from being exported corectly. "SPACE" shoud only be used in the map description in scenario properties under scenario settings.
18 Feb 2016, 14:41 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Scertan characters like "SPACE" is banned in the mapprodjectname and will prevent maps from being exported corectly. "SPACE" shoud only be used in the map description in scenario properties under scenario settings.

Sorry if I wasn't clear that there are no spaces, the map is literally named test, test2, TestTest, and Skeleton. There are also no special characters in the name, but there are for the description "(2) Test)", which is from what I read, okay.

18 Feb 2016, 14:47 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

It's just what worked for me.

Ah, ok. Well I tried it anyways, putting both sets of files in each separate place and it didn't change anything, thanks for the suggestion though.
18 Feb 2016, 17:17 PM

If nothing else works, I'd just assume that your file went corrupt in the export. The only way to fix that is to restart back from scratch, and try to avoid using unknown objects/scripts in the worldbuilder/.SCAR files, unless you're able to figure out what went wrong in the export by checking the log.
18 Feb 2016, 21:15 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

If nothing else works, I'd just assume that your file went corrupt in the export. The only way to fix that is to restart back from scratch, and try to avoid using unknown objects/scripts in the worldbuilder/.SCAR files, unless you're able to figure out what went wrong in the export by checking the log.

Yah, see that is the problem I have 4 separate maps, that all do not work. They are literally the bare minimum to save the map and export it, so it makes zero sense. It is actually not working just because it doesn't feel like it.

So unless the tutorials are dated (which they are by 2-3 years) and need to be updated as what to do, then I guess I just file a ticket with Sega for them to tell me to verify the integrity of the cache on steam (which I have done multiple times) a fresh reinstall, which I have done and then for them to have no solutions, and that is even if they respond since it is modding and they most likely don't support it with customer tickets.

It also seems like a lot of the mappers don't stick around in the forums anymore either, OnkelSam, mannerheim (if he is still around from vCoH), corsix (if he is still around from vCoH), WhiteFlash and a few other prominent mappers.
20 Feb 2016, 05:50 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Alright, after trying to get this to work for days, I can now say that the guides on this site are dated and inaccurate/lacking information.

The reason that I could not play test my maps in game was because of there is not mention of the Interactivity Stage Editor (ISE), that allows you to make the edges of the map playable/not playable and is also the area that we see call in's used for in game.

There is also conflicting information given about the ISE, on the relic guides it says that you should use 5 and multiple other sources that I have found say 50.

Either way, I have gotten this to finally work due to making a proper edge to a test map... so if someone could update the guide that is pinned here to show that, it would be very helpful, as having the correct information for the modding/mapping scene is what keeps this community alive, and one of the huge reasons I left the first time when I could not get the WB to work when it was first released.

@Karbinder and IronMedic thank you both for trying to help, I really appreciate it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS