Login

russian armor

Various UI Issues with Explanatory Videos

17 Feb 2016, 03:10 AM

I decided to make some quick videos of some UI gameplay issues in COH2 that have been bugging me. Some have been mentioned before, but people often confuse the issues with lots of comments that get off point. Videos generally make things a lot clearer and less ambiguous.

The one that frustrates me the most is the snap distance to cover that was introduced at the same time as the improved cover spacing mechanic. (Note: I forgot to mention in this that click-and-drag positioning can be used as a workaround.)

Another issue that has become problematic lately is how it gets harder to select buildings as they take more explosive damage (particularly from mortars).

A relatively minor issue, but one that should be easy to fix is the selection aura around caches, making them far too prominent.

As a side note, I noticed while doing these that one the loading screen tips also still states quite explicitly that side armour exists in this game, which it definitely doesn't.
17 Feb 2016, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 03:10 AMCyanara
As a side note, I noticed while doing these that one the loading screen tips also still states quite explicitly that side armour exists in this game, which it definitely doesn't.

It doesn't, but Relic finds it sufficient to say that the chance to hit front or rear armor when shooting from the side counts as side armor.
17 Feb 2016, 07:44 AM
Patrion 28

It doesn't, but Relic finds it sufficient to say that the chance to hit front or rear armor when shooting from the side counts as side armor.

which i think everyone understands but it's still a blatant lie that causes issues with balance discussions and should not be there. with that said, i have never, ever seen relic change loading screen tips in any of their games.
17 Feb 2016, 10:12 AM

with that said, i have never, ever seen relic change loading screen tips in any of their games.

I've seen :snfPeter: they updated them several times when Brits came
17 Feb 2016, 10:31 AM

They should also remove the tendency of units to bunch up very tightly in cover, especially craters. Especially with smaller squads the oneshot wipe potential is huge due to a random unlucky mortar shell etc.

Although that could pose a problem where craters couldn't be used as cover, if the entire squad doesn't fit there.
17 Feb 2016, 10:38 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Wow this is a great way of presenting innformation. Well Done!
17 Feb 2016, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 10:31 AMTNrg
They should also remove the tendency of units to bunch up very tightly in cover, especially craters. Especially with smaller squads the oneshot wipe potential is huge due to a random unlucky mortar shell etc.

Although that could pose a problem where craters couldn't be used as cover, if the entire squad doesn't fit there.

Or when you exit a building :luvDerp:
17 Feb 2016, 11:24 AM

+1 The building selection problem is especially annoying.
17 Feb 2016, 14:03 PM

Nice list you got there.
I'd like to add another one:

The actual capping radius on all points is slightly smaller than the graphical one you can see.
So if a model stands very close to the border but still inside the UI circle, the point is not capped.
Paired with the automated cover seeking this is quite annoying.
Only Relic postRelic 17 Feb 2016, 19:14 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Added all 3 Issues to our Database. Thanks
17 Feb 2016, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 11:24 AMF1sh
+1 The building selection problem is especially annoying.

My spartisans would will appreciate this fix greatly
18 Feb 2016, 06:55 AM

Wow this is a great way of presenting innformation. Well Done!

Well, I had OBS all set up from early streaming and casting efforts, so this seemed like a sensible step. In hindsight, cheatmod would have probably made my life a lot easier. It was a spur of the moment thing though.
18 Feb 2016, 09:35 AM
Patrion 27

Wow, this only took a year to get added to the file.
18 Feb 2016, 10:20 AM

Main UI bug is the colors of the players on the post-game screen: they don't correspond with actual colors that players had during the match.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Russian Federation 16
United States 15
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %