Login

russian armor

Should Infantry Be Able To Shoot Out Of The Bren Carrier?

16 Feb 2016, 09:43 AM

So, after the AEC get a deserved nerf, I'm worried that the British early game will be somewhat lacking again. One thought I had was to allow infantry to fire out of the Bren carrier.

Why I think this is a good change:

1) Opens up a few new opening strategies for the British
2) Improves a fairly weak unit, the Bren Carrier
3) Buffs the weak British early-game

Why I think this might be a bad change:

1) Return of the dreaded CoH1 Bren-in-Bren?

Thoughts?
16 Feb 2016, 09:57 AM

How about making vickers K upgrade actually potent and useful?
Its waste of resources for cool sound.

Inb4 "but suppression!" people come here, play the game and use it for yourself.
16 Feb 2016, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 09:57 AMKatitof
How about making vickers K upgrade actually potent and useful?
Its waste of resources for cool sound.

Inb4 "but suppression!" people come here, play the game and use it for yourself.

but suppression.
16 Feb 2016, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 09:57 AMKatitof

Inb4 [..] come here, play the game [..]

oh the irony :luvCarrot:

(just kidding i liek u <444>3 )
Neo
16 Feb 2016, 11:38 AM

So, after the AEC get a deserved nerf, I'm worried that the British early game will be somewhat lacking again.

How about only reducing AEC power to the point where it's still strong and worth using but not batshit OP like now.

16 Feb 2016, 12:49 PM

If brits could shoot out of the UC it would probably be like a mini clowncar chasing down and killing retreating squads, unless they don't let tommies get the cover bonus in it.

There's also the fact that it then gets slaughtered by the Ostheer scout car, so you're better off saving the fuel for an AEC.
16 Feb 2016, 14:27 PM

no clown car, those things are ridiculous.

the bren carrier needs:

more hp (40-80)
stronger vicker upgrade
cheaper wasp ( and I consider the wehr flame HT overpriced as well. Both prices need to go down 30 mu)
16 Feb 2016, 14:31 PM

+1 to Firesparks. It doesn't need a lot, just a small durability buff and a useful VK upgrade.

Also as Neo said, bring the AEC in line rather then sledgehammering it down as Relic is so keen on doing. Even 2x the original radius would have been solid.
16 Feb 2016, 14:43 PM

If 1-2 men from a squad could shoot it would be ok'ish even with cover bonus (mobile mortar with piats)...

IF the units would get full shooting power from inside it would be insane... Sappers with detector and 3x vickers K from shooting from UC could be insane insta wiping axis squad and not hitting any mines in skirmishes...

I just wish it could transport MG and snipers in there...
16 Feb 2016, 14:49 PM

I think the universal carrier could be SO much more diverse. Why not dive it other upgrades such as a 2pdr, boys at rifle (make it a sniper just for the tears XD) or a mortar carrier.

I know these upgrades were not widely, if ever used on the western front but I think we are long past the point of caring in that regard.

Nerfing the AEC and buffing the UC will bring much needed diversity and also help reward mobile fighting over the 'simcity' people on here seem to fear so greatly.
17 Feb 2016, 08:29 AM
Patrion 28

i would tentatively support units being able to fire out of the bren provided that the sniper could not and units did not get their cover bonus. i can't really see any strong knock on effects because commandos and anvil REs both come mid-late game.

also yes, the vickers upgrade needs a buff.
17 Feb 2016, 11:07 AM

Also plz fix Bren AI, currently it loves to drive backwards toward the enemy.
17 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM

Shooting from Bren?

Well, single Bren is winning agasint Jeep with Rifles inside... Now imagine Bren with IS with bonus cover...
17 Feb 2016, 11:50 AM
Patrion 14

On one hand, it is weird they cannot shoot. Bren has a short window of usability as it is. On the other, fkin clowncars man, RNGesus knows we don't need more of those. Though if you think about it really hard, not one faction makes successful use of clown cars except when the flamers are in the mix.

I'd like to see a bit more utility from the Bren Carrier.

Solution: allow squads to shoot out of the Carrier, as long as it is stationary. Make them unable to fire while the vehicle is moving at all.

In fact, do so for every single open topped transport in the game.

There, clown car problem fixed.
17 Feb 2016, 13:56 PM

"I think the universal carrier could be SO much more diverse. Why not dive it other upgrades such as a 2pdr, boys at rifle (make it a sniper just for the tears XD) or a mortar carrier.

I know these upgrades were not widely, if ever used on the western front but I think we are long past the point of caring in that regard."

I think the Australians had a 2pdr variant, not sure how widely used it was. Boys AT rifle or Piat was standard kit, mainly because they were heavy for the Inf to carry. 2in mortar would always be close to hand ( it was just a 5kg titchy thing) though one of the carriers prime roles was ferrying 3in mortar, vickers and ammo around the battlefield.

Also any UCs dicked to front line support ( MMG or Wasp) would have extra plastic armour applied. This was actually bitumen and stone chips, so a bit like tarmaccing the outsides. Very effective and light apparently, made it proof against 20mm.

Because it was so damned useful ( more UCs produced than any other fighting vehicle) there are no lack of ways to change it. Capping, reinforcing, minelaying, scouting, AT gun towing etc. There was almost no role it didn't perform and remained in production throughout the war.

Instead in game it is the most frustratingly worthless joke possible even if it didn't reverse everywhere.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★