Login

russian armor

Garison HMG losing models when attacked from no window side

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
14 Feb 2016, 18:23 PM

Had a match last night where an HMG was assaulted by 3 spios on a side of the building with no windows. I of course could not suppress them but they managed to kill 4 models in 5 seconds. The spios were dead center and not on a corner.

Is this working as intended?
14 Feb 2016, 18:35 PM

Yes, you can assault buildings safely from a side with no windows.
14 Feb 2016, 19:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Would make buildings even stronger if you couldn't do this.
14 Feb 2016, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 19:55 PMTobis
Would make buildings even stronger if you couldn't do this.

Yes, you can assault buildings safely from a side with no windows.

Give me one good reason that this makes any sense at all other than it makes it harder to kill garrison. I would even be okay with a thrown weapon from that side but bullets passing through concrete?

How can you possibly defend that?
14 Feb 2016, 20:27 PM

This is intended and annoying.
14 Feb 2016, 20:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Give me one good reason that this makes any sense at all other than it makes it harder to kill garrison. I would even be okay with a thrown weapon from that side but bullets passing through concrete?

For balance.
14 Feb 2016, 21:57 PM

to be honest if you wanna bring in reality these close quarter sturmpios would rush into the building and not stand 1m outside of it. maybe thats the way the simulate that.

im ok with it, it was like that in vcoh and it is like that in coh2. got used to it
14 Feb 2016, 22:08 PM
Patrion 28

you can also shoot out the side of the bottom building on red ball that has no windows.
14 Feb 2016, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 20:42 PMTobis

For balance.

If I cant shoot at them, why can they shoot at me? How is this balanced? This does not reward tactical play. It rewards cheese.
14 Feb 2016, 22:17 PM

If I cant shoot at them, why can they shoot at me? How is this balanced? This does not reward tactical play. It rewards cheese.

It does reward tactical play. You don't enter buildings you can't shoot out of.
14 Feb 2016, 22:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It rewards tactical play from the attacker. Attacking buildings requires more skill than sitting inside of them.
14 Feb 2016, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 22:24 PMTobis

It rewards tactical play from the attacker. Attacking buildings requires more skill than sitting inside of them.

Managing suppression against multiple units on multiple sides requires less skill than sending three units in to burn the HMG out.

Is that what you are saying? They both require micro, preparation and fast reflexes.

It does reward tactical play. You don't enter buildings you can't shoot out of.

Try again after you've had a nap. Otherwise just stop altogether.

14 Feb 2016, 22:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Managing suppression against multiple units on multiple sides requires less skill than sending three units in to burn the HMG out.

Is that what you are saying? They both require micro, preparation and fast reflexes.

Yes. Immunity on one side of the building does not suddenly make you more tactical.

You can lock down an entire building from one side because the enemy has to enter your arc to shoot at you and get destroyed. That is not good for gameplay.
14 Feb 2016, 22:39 PM
Patrion 14

I'd think it easier to randomly shoot through the walls of a building from outside and try to guess where inside the men are situated than to do vice versa. So not entirely unjustified, unless your complaint involves that the walls should be bulletproof.
14 Feb 2016, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 22:39 PMTobis

Yes. Immunity on one side of the building does not suddenly make you more tactical.

You can lock down an entire building from one side because the enemy has to enter your arc to shoot at you and get destroyed. That is not good for gameplay.

But the immunity would go both ways and still allow the attacking player to flank. It just makes no sense that he should be able to shoot through a wall while I can't. How can you say that is good for gameplay?

15 Feb 2016, 00:10 AM

Balance > Realism

Part of the game is knowing the advantages of certain garrisons and their blind spots. Nobody wants HMG building cheese where you can just plop them in and forget about them because they can ALWAYs shoot back.

Just need to cover the windowless side with other units and you're good.
15 Feb 2016, 00:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But the immunity would go both ways and still allow the attacking player to flank. It just makes no sense that he should be able to shoot through a wall while I can't. How can you say that is good for gameplay?

Because otherwise infantry couldn't assault mgs in buildings without grenades. Just because you hopped into a building early doesn't make you immune from bullets.

You need to be conscious of the windows in buildings, by taking out this mechanic you hurt gameplay.
15 Feb 2016, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 00:51 AMTobis

Because otherwise infantry couldn't assault mgs in buildings without grenades.

This is a fallacy and you know better. You seem to want no risk in your assaults if that is the position you argue from.

Just because you hopped into a building early doesn't make you immune from bullets.

It does if you are a spio pre 3 minutes.

Seriously though, I have never claimed to want immunity to bullets when garrisoned. Strawman much?.

You need to be conscious of the windows in buildings, by taking out this mechanic you hurt gameplay.

I am conscious of the windows (or lack thereof) but they don't matter when my opponent can shoot through a solid concrete wall. but I cannot.
15 Feb 2016, 05:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is a fallacy and you know better. You seem to want no risk in your assaults if that is the position you argue from.

You seem to want no risk in your defence.

If you get outflanked you should be punished.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS