Login

russian armor

Analysis on new UKF commanders

13 Feb 2016, 06:08 AM
Donator 11

M2 Flamethrowers

Anvil engineers will have a tough time using this ability as they are very slow units and preferably like to keep their distance with Vickers LMGs. So going Anvil with this commander is a bad idea.

Sapper rush is a viable strategy considering the flamethrowers unlock at 0CP and you can tech up almost immediately to unlock Sappers. Brits have always had issues clearing buildings vs. OKW so this will be perfect for maps like Angoville. Sten guns + flamethrowers, ouch.

CaptainSPrice engineer spam here we come.

Advanced Cover Combat
Absolutely devastating in critical defend-vp 1v1 situations. This can be tremendously useful. This ability can also be really good for Brit blobs so watch out. Also more incentive to make trenches.

Infiltration Commandos
Awesome sniper counter that Brits currently struggle with. Allies don't have infiltration units besides the mediocre Partisans, so this is actually a significant change. Axis players will have to be paranoid like Allies players are when placing support teams next to buildings. This may unfortunately make other Commando commanders obsolete :C

FINALLY A MORTAR/MG42/SNIPER counter besides the AEC.

Land Mattress
Possibly a good alternative to mortar pits. Also one of the only blob killers at the Brits disposal instead of the AVRE. Who wants more rocket artillery gais? :p Personally, playing as UKF was frustrating dealing with OKW blobs because they lack units like Katyushas, Calliopes, Demo charges... until now ;)

Counter Battery
Probably a counter-ability button in HQ. 25 lbers are inaccurate anyways, might as well keep them in counter barrage. The range is the whole map for 25 lbers.

Advanced assembly
Forward assembly spam. Repair station. Awesome, will be good for repairs for the team and as forward reinforcement places. Also good for simcity as they will be repairing emplacements. Emplacements already get a buff with the forward assembly nearby so this creates more incentive to do so.

Improved fortifications
A nice addition although I think stand fast may be a better alternative if you want invincible emplacements as stand fast pretty much increases HP of the emplacements. Interesting though, having an advanced forward assembly AND extra HP may be quite frustrating to counter.

*shivers*

Defensive Operations
Mortar pit rush. Interesting though... this will allow for interesting no-sapper builds. It's viable: instead of mines use munitions on killing HQs, you get repairs with forward assembly (lol forward assembly spam). So if repairs and munitions is taken care of, then aint nobody need any sappers :D

The Advanced Emplacement Regiment is a teamgame commander for the most part.

If anyone else has some new ideas/strats with these new commanders, feel free to post below!
13 Feb 2016, 06:34 AM

Does anyone know if the cover bonus is a passive or active (that costs muni)?
13 Feb 2016, 06:39 AM

cover bonus must be removed, they have Advanced Cover Combat
cover bonus + Advanced Cover Combat = supermen section
13 Feb 2016, 06:41 AM

Can we keep stupid posts about the new commanders out of this thread at least?

I've done tests with Tommies and they aren't as good as you think they are in cover.
13 Feb 2016, 07:35 AM

OP Commander = people will buy = Money

Balance will nerver happen :(
13 Feb 2016, 07:40 AM

OP Commander = people will buy = Money

Balance will nerver happen :(

i know :(
13 Feb 2016, 09:34 AM

I just wonder how anyone can make analysis on commanders if we havent seen them in action yet.
13 Feb 2016, 10:08 AM

i'm worrying about that they are not enough OP :(
13 Feb 2016, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

I just wonder how anyone can make analysis on commanders if we havent seen them in action yet.

?? Why is that so hard? You just need to know how the game works.

All you need is a brief description of what the new content is going to be, and if you already know the timings of every other unit, weaknesses and strengths, you can figure out exactly how these commanders can be used to its fullest potential.

Anytime Relic released any information about a future patch or content release, tons of players including I have already devised exact strategies & build orders prior to release date. For example HelpingHans in his stream?

If you don't see the above analysis implemented on 25th onwards, call me a fool in this thread. If you're going to wait until you see your teammates or opponents exploit the new content/changes before mimicing the new meta, then you're already too far behind the curve. #adapt

And anyways, what's your problem? Does it hurt you to see one constructive/valuable thread for the community that is actively trying to help out? Or are you just really looking forward to toxic posts only?
14 Feb 2016, 01:22 AM

Mobile Assault isn't going to be as good as people think it's going to be. Vanguard Ops is good right now because it has the Croc and Strafing Support which is good late game.

Also MA doesn't help UKF in the initial start of the game, the earliest you'll see this regiment in action is at 2CP. REs are the only Engineer units that come so late and you'll want an AEC first most of the time unless the patch nerfs it to the ground.

MA is mostly an early-mid and while it has some pretty useful abilities, none of them are really that game changing unlike the Croc/Strafing Support/Hold the line/Raid operation etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if people stick with Vanguard Ops because right now the Croc is pretty damn good and the Comet can only beat the Panther (let alone a Tiger) if it can out micro the Panther. In a slug fest the Comet will lose because the Panther's armor is too thick.
14 Feb 2016, 01:53 AM

?? Why is that so hard? You just need to know how the game works.

All you need is a brief description of what the new content is going to be, and if you already know the timings of every other unit, weaknesses and strengths, you can figure out exactly how these commanders can be used to its fullest potential.

Anytime Relic released any information about a future patch or content release, tons of players including I have already devised exact strategies & build orders prior to release date. For example HelpingHans in his stream?

If you don't see the above analysis implemented on 25th onwards, call me a fool in this thread. If you're going to wait until you see your teammates or opponents exploit the new content/changes before mimicing the new meta, then you're already too far behind the curve. #adapt

And anyways, what's your problem? Does it hurt you to see one constructive/valuable thread for the community that is actively trying to help out? Or are you just really looking forward to toxic posts only?

You don't know any of the exact statistics of any of the new units or abilities. Therefore, making judgments about them based on partial information is pointless. Your build orders are based on what may be, not what is certain. It can go either way.
14 Feb 2016, 01:56 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Eh. I basically did what NorthWeapon is doing except saltier and with less detail. I think making predictions is always good. Just my 2 cents.
14 Feb 2016, 02:03 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

+1 depending on how it's implemented.
14 Feb 2016, 02:24 AM

leave the shitposting out of this thread thanks
14 Feb 2016, 02:55 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 06:34 AMashxu
Does anyone know if the cover bonus is a passive or active (that costs muni)?

its active

I see it as a different version of assault from the commando doc. instead of movement speed your get movement accuracy.

and no plane flyover ofc
14 Feb 2016, 07:06 AM

good read thanks.
I just wonder what/how the precision barrage is cause it is in 10 CPs, and it can not be the one from special weapon regiment which is in 12 CPs. so I guess prob something a bit stronger than time on target, or the 155 as they are at 8 CPs.
14 Feb 2016, 10:04 AM

its active

I see it as a different version of assault from the commando doc. instead of movement speed your get movement accuracy.

and no plane flyover ofc

yeah that's what i was thinking. Unless it's cheap it makes the regiment a lot less appealing. imo the most appealing thing in this regiment is the infiltration commandos and possibly flame REs. But unless the land mattress is calliope electric boogaloo, this regiment really won't be too amazing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS