Login

russian armor

Make MG34 a Stock Unit

12 Feb 2016, 19:39 PM

Your own fault for Posting this on the balance section. I wanted to write that we all should try to get some Distance and look at it from a gameplay perspective rather than balance, but you Decided it to be a balance issue by Posting it here..

Im saying that because it could open up some more diverstiy in the okw meta, instead of the exciting volks volks volks volks volks volks build. And we all know how much the community Loves volks. (But they dont want to add New non doc Basic units to allow more unit diverstiy, paradox)

Sorry it's been a long day and i might be misreading your post but, how is it my fault for posting in the balance section? isn't balance the key component to fun game play?
12 Feb 2016, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 18:08 PMd0ggY

Okay, let's imagine the opening -> 3 Volks 1 MG + the standart Sturmpio,, and USF only has Rifles. So the volks at no vet and riflemen at no vet don't really take much from each other, win is opened, but then you can still flank with the sturmpio and have a mg as support..from stock..yeah. Then you can even choose if you want a luchs or a flak halftrack, puma as a light vehicle and can block every flank and just dominate the area you want early game and play it down easy

I get what you are saying but i don't agree with it at all. If you are really that worried about being that out numbered, then increase the cost for the MG34, or volks, or sturms or all of them for all i care. Btw not only can you flank extremely well with rifles on their own, they also get smoke. Also why are talking like the okw can choose light vehicles when nobody else can? Almost Everyone who doesn't royally fuck up their first few mins of the match can have a light vehicle out to combat the presence of opposing lights.

All i'm trying to say is maybe the best way to reduce the problem of volks blobs (especially the fucking stupid volks pshrek blob which i hate with a passion) is to give the okw an MG, a weak shitty expensive MG, but an MG none the less. I think that most players regardless of skill or rank would happily build an MG instead of another volks squad.
12 Feb 2016, 19:58 PM

Mg 34 is like the biggest reason people go Luftwaffe ground forces, what would you replace that with?

OKW are already rampant almost every game, and now you want to make MG 34 stock?
12 Feb 2016, 20:04 PM

Sure if both usf and okw will be reworked to combined arms play instead of blobbing.
12 Feb 2016, 22:07 PM

Mg 34 is like the biggest reason people go Luftwaffe ground forces, what would you replace that with?

OKW are already rampant almost every game, and now you want to make MG 34 stock?

give them an MG42 for luftwaffe and defense doctrine. Make the MG34 more expensive and a wee nerf to volks (more than just losing pshreks) and i think the blobbing problem will start to decline
12 Feb 2016, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 20:04 PMNEVEC
Sure if both usf and okw will be reworked to combined arms play instead of blobbing.

I never play USF (only sovjets and UKF) so i didn't feel comfortable commenting on them, but from what i have seen they also need more combined arms options, like a mortar......alot like the soviet one.
12 Feb 2016, 23:13 PM

Not having a suppressing unit forces OKW to go to 2 doctrines, which we see almost always. The MG34 is not a big suppressing unit, so I agree... it should available w/o a doctrine, specially since everyone is crying about toning down the volks squads.
12 Feb 2016, 23:31 PM

I think OKW has enough stock anti-infantry as it is..
12 Feb 2016, 23:40 PM

Giving them tools to deal with suppression would be more in-line with asymetrical balance thing. Since they have no mortar smoke barage or smoke grenade i think some smoke ability would be welcome.
12 Feb 2016, 23:51 PM

The OKW already has an extra 15th unit(the King Tiger), and now there should be added a 16th unit to the OKW non-doctrinal roster. I think this is a ludacris idea, unless all other factions get two extra units. The OKW have, save for the MG, an impressive line-up, compared to all the allied factions regarding units, and performance.
13 Feb 2016, 00:00 AM

Do not forget to give mg34 ability to upgrade it with Panzershrek for 90 ammo.

Coz as Luvnest says Every squad has a shrek
13 Feb 2016, 01:36 AM
Senior Caster Badge

They can already do this if they locked into a doctrine as the MG-34 comes at 1cp so if both players fight each other early on the MG-34 will likely hit the field before the first truck is established.

You just proved my point with that :<

Still don't think it is a good idea
13 Feb 2016, 02:54 AM

OKW is meant to be an offensive faction that has the initiative at all times. They need tools to counter suppression, not dish it out.

Nerf Shrek, remove leig range with vet but give it a free smoke ability, and make leig vet tailored around reducing cooldown of the ability.

OKW shouldn't have issues vs blobs (on paper) because the other player should always be reacting to the OKW players aggressive play-if an OKW player wants to camp, they should be punished.
13 Feb 2016, 03:29 AM

OKW is meant to be an offensive faction that has the initiative at all times. They need tools to counter suppression, not dish it out.

Nerf Shrek, remove leig range with vet but give it a free smoke ability, and make leig vet tailored around reducing cooldown of the ability.

OKW shouldn't have issues vs blobs (on paper) because the other player should always be reacting to the OKW players aggressive play-if an OKW player wants to camp, they should be punished.

So much this.
13 Feb 2016, 03:42 AM

You sir, are well spoken. If this was implemented i would be equally as happy as if they gave the okw a stock MG34. Doesn't exactly fix the volks blob problem but that's a post for another time.
13 Feb 2016, 07:34 AM

make king tiger buildable from HQ without the 3 truck requirements
13 Feb 2016, 07:56 AM
Patrion 14

But they have a KT stock :(
13 Feb 2016, 07:59 AM
Donator 33

Stock but only available after the second truck like the .50 lol.

But seriously yea this would be nice, USF could use a not useless mg aswell. move the .50 to usf HQ and unlocked when LT or CPT are researched make mg34 stock.
13 Feb 2016, 09:09 AM

This thread is in need of a multiple DonnieChans.
13 Feb 2016, 09:22 AM
Donator 33

This thread is in need of a multiple DonnieChans.

Glad you have self restraint
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
unknown 24
Poland 12
United States 11
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W