Login

russian armor

Calliope and Teching

13 Feb 2016, 00:06 AM
Patrion 14

I agree, tiers should be required for callins. It's kind of weird to me that E8s and /85s require tech, but M4C, command P4, etc. are fine without tech. The only units I would keep without tech requirement are the ones that don't fit in any tier, such as the valentine, stuge, etc.
13 Feb 2016, 03:46 AM

I think the Caliope should require tech and a CP value. The thing performs disgustingly well, 3 barrages like a katy, deadly accurate like a werfer.

But it's got way too much health to deal with in any conventional manner. If the USF player has half a brain it'll be almost impossible to get to those Caliopes in 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. I know in 1's it leaves him a bit open but I don't know.

The fact they get the LMG's for AI, plus Caliope for AI... "AI" since the Caliope barrage can kill a search light, stuka, werfer, and anything short of a medium tank by itself.

It should fire more like a katyusha, wider spread but seeing people abuse these is getting old.

On that note, I agree it is odd that some units require tech and others do not. If they didn't ignore issues with the USF and SU for so long the EZ 8 and T34-85 wouldn't of been such a go to unit because the regular sherman and t34 were shit back then. At least the Sherman got a nice hp buff and is quite good, but the t34 is a POS.
13 Feb 2016, 11:14 AM

The call-in system is very confusing. I wish they would just streamline it some more. Can't have no-tech EZ-8s call in spam but STUG-E into Tiger is still alright for some reason. I wish they would just place all call-in tanks in the tech-tree.

+1
13 Feb 2016, 11:46 AM

The call-in system is very confusing. I wish they would just streamline it some more. Can't have no-tech EZ-8s call in spam but STUG-E into Tiger is still alright for some reason. I wish they would just place all call-in tanks in the tech-tree.

+1 I personally think the call-in system is very unbalanced across the different game modes. While some call-ins give you opportunity to skip tech in 1vs1 they come way to late in 3vs3 and 4vs4 where ressource income is much higher. So while a M10 call-in comes in handy in a 1vs1 and allows skipping Major, it arrives after Panthers are on the field already in a 4vs4. This is only one example, its true for every other call-in unit too.

I would appreciate a change where all call-in units would be integrated in the tech mechanic. Most would be in T4 of course.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 110
unknown 33
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak