Login

russian armor

Garrisoned Rakens Prioritize Vehicle

11 Feb 2016, 19:09 PM

As far as I can tell if you garrison a Raken you can no longer have it prioritize vehicles even if it was set to that prior to entering the building.

11 Feb 2016, 20:08 PM

I cant forum. I have the dumb

11 Feb 2016, 20:12 PM

Well, speaking of abilities, i think you could use RE volley fire as well when the RE is garrisoned in building (not fighting positions) ? CMIIW :D

Keeping it on topic, I guess it will still prioritize vehicle if theres a vehicle and infantry at the same time though. At least theres that
11 Feb 2016, 20:19 PM

Would you also like for it to be able to cloak? No usable abilities in buildings unless you are HMGs is apparently the rule. With good reason.

Can't tell if trolling... how is "Prioritize Vehicles" even considered an ability? More to the point - why would you ever want to garrison it to have it shoot at infantry: those sweet sweet rocket snipes that happen once in a blue moon? Or do you just enjoy having it shooting at anything and constantly telegraphing its position and totally negating the usefulness of the ability to garrison it?

And yes, REs can use volley fire while garrisoned so it's not some "rule".
11 Feb 2016, 20:23 PM

Can't tell if trolling... how is "Prioritize Vehicles" even considered an ability? More to the point - why would you ever want to garrison it to have it shoot at infantry: those sweet sweet rocket snipes that happen once in a blue moon? Or do you just enjoy having it shooting at anything and constantly telegraphing its position and totally negating the usefulness of the ability to garrison it?

Never play Americans so I had no idea.

Should snipers be able to hold fire in a building?

11 Feb 2016, 20:36 PM

Never play Americans so I had no idea.

Should snipers be able to hold fire in a building?

Yes. Oh no! The ability to not fire at the enemy! How OP!

If you're trying to argue that Snipers shouldn't be able to hold fire in buildings and therefore neither should Rakens I fail to see your point. To be honest I've never tried to do that with Snipers (entering a building with hold fire on). I assume the same thing with Rakens happens. Cuddle if you see this thread you might want to add that to your list too. Preemptive thanks.

11 Feb 2016, 21:06 PM

What I am saying is these things have been part of the game since the beginning. I would consider it core gameplay that you cannot garrison most units in a building and forget managing them about them.
11 Feb 2016, 21:16 PM
Patrion 28

it's an ability because it shows up on the player card and you can click it... it's functionally an ability...
11 Feb 2016, 21:18 PM

What I am saying is these things have been part of the game since the beginning. I would consider it core gameplay that you cannot garrison most units in a building and forget managing them about them.

Vehicle prioritizing has absolutely NOT been part of the game from the beginning. It was a feature added due to popular demand.

Not having control over the ability while garrisoned is most likely an oversight.
11 Feb 2016, 21:25 PM

Vehicle prioritizing has absolutely NOT been part of the game from the beginning. It was a feature added due to popular demand.

Not having control over the ability while garrisoned is most likely an oversight.

Fellow KV-2 bro, allow me to clarify.

I was not claiming vehicle prioritization was around since the beginning. I was claiming not having access to abilities while garrisoned has.
11 Feb 2016, 22:30 PM

Fellow KV-2 bro, allow me to clarify.

I was not claiming vehicle prioritization was around since the beginning. I was claiming not having access to abilities while garrisoned has.

Were incendiary rounds not there? What about volley fire?

It doesn't really matter anyways because "it was like that before" would not make the argument any more valid.

The only question that really matters is: Does it make sense for the rakketen to lose its vehicle prioritization when garrisoned? The answer is a resounding NO, even if the window of usefulness is very small.
11 Feb 2016, 22:39 PM

This is a genuine issue. You often have a small window of opportunity to get a shot off at a light vehicle.

The lack of this button has often meant that my raketenwerfer will fire a shot at an infantry squad, both alerting the other player to its presence, and allowing an incoming vehicle to move out of the firing range as the raketen reloads.
12 Feb 2016, 00:01 AM

Were incendiary rounds not there? What about volley fire?

It doesn't really matter anyways because "it was like that before" would not make the argument any more valid.

The only question that really matters is: Does it make sense for the rakketen to lose its vehicle prioritization when garrisoned? The answer is a resounding NO, even if the window of usefulness is very small.

You clearly aren't getting my point.

This is not a quality of life issue.

This is a micro issue.

You are asking for an on/off ability to be usable in garrisons. You are arguing for raketen to not only have the added protection and auto-face abilities provided by buildings but to also require less micro to perform at peak efficiency.

Sounds unreasonable to me.

12 Feb 2016, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 22:39 PMCyanara
The lack of this button has often meant that my raketenwerfer will fire a shot at an infantry squad, both alerting the other player to its presence, and allowing an incoming vehicle to move out of the firing range as the raketen reloads.

The lack of this button has often meant that my raketenwerfer sniper will fire a shot at an infantry squad, both alerting the other player to its presence, and allowing an incoming nearby vehicle to move out of into the firing range as the raketen sniper reloads.

This forces you to pay attention in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
12 Feb 2016, 00:43 AM

The lack of this button has often meant that my raketenwerfer sniper will fire a shot at an infantry squad, both alerting the other player to its presence, and allowing an incoming nearby vehicle to move out of into the firing range as the raketen sniper reloads.

This forces you to pay attention in order to achieve maximum efficiency.

...What?

Firstly, who puts snipers in buildings? They're far more effective out in the open where they can be kited. This is not the case with raketenwerfers, which are slow to move, have limited range, and die to a passing breeze. They can rarely hope for more than one shot at something before retreating.

Secondly, snipers can actually do something when they shoot at infantry.

Thirdly, the whole point of my post was that paying attention makes no difference. I can't stop my raketenwerfer from shooting at infantry. There's no gameplay there.

This is not a quality of life issue.
This is a micro issue.

You are asking for an on/off ability to be usable in garrisons. You are arguing for raketen to not only have the added protection and auto-face abilities provided by buildings but to also require less micro to perform at peak efficiency.

Sounds unreasonable to me.

Sounds like you've never used a raketenwerfer to me. The ability to garrison raketenwerfers is to make up for all their weaknesses, as mentioned above. Without their vehicle prioritization button, garrisoning them is largely ineffective. That button was added into the game for all AT guns and most tanks for a very good reason. It was an overwhelmingly positive development.

I'm starting to see why people make a big deal about demanding to see people's playercards.
12 Feb 2016, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 00:43 AMCyanara

The ability to garrison raketenwerfers is to make up for all their weaknesses, as mentioned above.

A persistent, mobile cloak that requires no cover and a retreat button yet it can still pen heavy tanks like it is a pak. Not to mention it can garrison. Yet you have the audacity the to claim that it's not fair that it can't hold fire in a building?

Why isn't this thread in balance? Cause this sure as hell isn't a bug.
12 Feb 2016, 01:13 AM

Its ironic how famous are snipers to be building campers and see on this game how low performance do they have on that situation
12 Feb 2016, 01:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 00:43 AMCyanara

I'm starting to see why people make a big deal about demanding to see people's playercards.

No kidding. Rakens are one of the least controversial units out there that's borderline underused and people still try to argue against a simple quality of life fix that's in line with currently exists and allows it to perform its intended role.

Not like Rakens have no gun shield or a shorter range compared to other AT Guns or anything. <444>_<444>
12 Feb 2016, 01:40 AM

Its ironic how famous are snipers to be building campers and see on this game how low performance do they have on that situation

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★