Login

russian armor

What can i do against a blob?

10 Feb 2016, 17:39 PM

First of all, hello. I am new to this forum but i used to read in here as a guest.

My problem is, what can i do against a blob? I just had a good 4v4 game that took 1 hour. I believe that we lost because they had so many blobs.

What can i do against that?
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 17:57 PM

Plenty of solutions.

Some hard counters include:
MGs to suppress
rocket artillery to saturate an area
commander artillery abilities
WP smoke (allies)
tanks & infantry

"Passive" counters include:
planting minefields
planting demo charges (allies)
baiting the blobs into supported areas (demos, mgs, etc)
using smoke to break LOS
mortars to provide support
planting flare traps (USSR) for early warning and provide los for mg's

or, you can squish them with tanks B-)

The best way to counter blobs is to use combined arms and outmaneuvering them. Don't try to outblob them.
10 Feb 2016, 18:02 PM

The thing is, i cant squish them with tanks, because all of them has anti-tank weapons so it's easy win for them.

Puting mines mid-late game is kinda hard with all the arty that going on and all the tanks the axis has.

"If you cant beat them, join them". You didn't say that, but i do. I just don't want to play as the Axis. Not only because i am a jew (It's just a game) but because i love playing as the US/UK alot more than playing as the axis. But this Blobs takes out all the fun in the game :/
10 Feb 2016, 18:04 PM
Senior Referee Badge

If you play soviets, just use the ultimate cheese tactic:
FEAR PROPAGANDA :wub:
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:05 PM

+1
10 Feb 2016, 18:06 PM

And if i dont like playing as the soviets?

Only i think that all the Blobs taking everything that Company of heroes 2 is out of the window?
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 18:06 PMSquizen

And if i dont like playing as the soviets?

Only i think that all the Blobs taking everything that Company of heroes 2 is out of the window?

Blobs are going to happen (allies/axis). I didn't play coh1, but I saw plenty of them too. You just need to apply the right counters at the time (which one is dependent on their blob-style, map, your build, faction)
10 Feb 2016, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 18:09 PMUhu

Blobs are going to happen (allies/axis). I didn't play coh1, but I saw plenty of them too. You just need to apply the right counters at the time (which one is dependent on their blob-style, map, your build, faction)

It's all easy when there are 1 faction that using the blob. But what if there are 2 or 3?

By the way, thanks to you both for trying to help.
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:19 PM

No problem. I tend to play as USF nowadays.

If there are 2 or 3, you and your teammates should be working together to solve it.

Blobbing is actually a disadvantageous tactic. It means all (or most) of their units are in one area, and making them susceptible to wipes, mass retreats, and being unable to man other areas of the map.
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM

As USF, your riflemen should avoid engaging blobs directly. Only fight them in an environment where you have a good or equal advantage.

Things like bunkers or mgs just delay and slow down blobs. It gives you time to react and send in a counterattack with RM or tanks. In the case of a shrek blob, be sure to keep your tank at a distance, and reverse if they inch towards it.
10 Feb 2016, 18:23 PM

I will try all of it out. Anyone here know if there is going to be a patch from relic fixing that thing? or at least making their anti-tank weapons at least a bit weaker.

I am playing 3v3 or 4v4. So it kinda hard trying to chase them when there are at least 4 tanks protecting them.
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM

If you're using Rifle Company, the WP smoke artillery is a great passive counter to blobs. I copy-pasted my post from another topic:

>The WP smoke ability is the best thing about the Rifle company! It rains down quickly, fast recharge time, and eats away health. This ability is incredibly versatile- it can deny areas, force retreats, force enemies along a certain path, weaken enemies before an assault... It's underused, so most opponents underestimate it.

I use it to dislodge pesky MG's from buildings or blobs team weapons. It's also useful against volk/gren blobs.

Fire this ability behind blob's retreating path, or in front them. If they retreat through the smoke, chase them with your stuarts/shermans to wipe them out. Because they have 0 health, they will drop like flies. I also fire it on the OKW med HQ before an assault. Your riflemen will make short work of them.
10 Feb 2016, 18:26 PM

I am mostly using the smoke the riflle company has to kill MG soldiers. Do you really it will work with blobs?
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:36 PM

For most blobbers, yes. I tend to use this commander.

If they charge through the smoke, they lose health. If they retreat through the smoke, they lose health. Your RM's high rate of fire will pick them off. Your stuarts, shermans, M20's can chase after low health blobbers too.

If they dodge it (and it happens), hopefully it's to an area where you have mines/mgs/bunkers. Otherwise:
1)retreat
2)staggered retreat (1 rifle holds them off/retreats/second riflemen in the line behind temp holds them/retreats, etc). This will slow their advance and enable you to cause some damage. It's even better with tanks for support.
3)Maneuver your troops around them and/or bait them to supported areas.

Also, use your RMs to focus fire on one squad at a time. If your RMs retreat, it's one less squad to worry about. Even your REs are a great meatshield screening for your RMs, and their volley fire is handy too.
10 Feb 2016, 18:37 PM

If you like playing USF there are a few things to consider -

Armor Company - Ass Engi demos, M10 Wolverine is a crush machine

Infantry Company - ToT Arty ahead of the blob (if he's telegraphing direction). Priest barrage is devastating if you can stall him with a .50 cal or on top of a point his blob is trying to cap.

Rifle Company - WP Smoke Barrage is an awesome ability to force mass retreat or wipe an entire blob if they get down to 1 HP in it.

Tactical Support - Ultimate anti-blob commander between Quad Mount Half Track and CalliOP

In general Mines (Armor, Infantry, Heavy Calv) and AoE from Pack Howie and Scott really punish blobs due to the splash damage. On more open maps the AA HT from Lt. tier is a godsend (practice microing with using Reverse hotkey to attack and NEVER click on squads to attack with it or it'll derp out since the vehicle AI sucks).

With USF you need to restrain yourself from trying to use brute force with tanks since its too easy to lose them to mass shrek volleys. (The worst aspect of blobs IMO).

10 Feb 2016, 18:40 PM

Thank you both.

Do you guys have a few tips for the UKF?
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:40 PM

If you like playing USF there are a few things to consider -

Armor Company - Ass Engi demos, M10 Wolverine is a crush machine

Infantry Company - ToT Arty ahead of the blob (if he's telegraphing direction). Priest barrage is devastating if you can stall him with a .50 cal or on top of a point his blob is trying to cap.

Rifle Company - WP Smoke Barrage is an awesome ability to force mass retreat or wipe an entire blob if they get down to 1 HP in it.

Tactical Support - Ultimate anti-blob commander between Quad Mount Half Track and CalliOP

In general Mines (Armor, Infantry, Heavy Calv) and AoE from Pack Howie and Scott really punish blobs due to the splash damage. On more open maps the AA HT from Lt. tier is a godsend (practice microing with using Reverse hotkey to attack and NEVER click on squads to attack with it or it'll derp out since the vehicle AI sucks).

With USF you need to restrain yourself from trying to use brute force with tanks since its too easy to lose them to mass shrek volleys. (The worst aspect of blobs IMO).

A good summary.

Just remember USF shines with combined arms, it's difficult to rely on one unit to be the sole solution to blobs.
Uhu
10 Feb 2016, 18:55 PM

UKF has similar tactics, but they do have issues with MP bleed.

Emplacements: Bofors, mortars
Units: MGs (supported with IS), RE's mines
Vehicles:
Churchills can soak up damage;
Centaur's strafe ability will eat up the blobs. Before approaching the blob, just make sure they stopped/slowed and/or fired their first volley of shreks. Don't engage the blobs directly with the centaur because it's ultra fragile after the nerf.
Comet's Vet1 WP smoke ability can deplete health of units and proceed to pick them off.
Cromwell's can squish.

Commander's
Vanguard: Crocs crocs crocs; And commandos w officers are deadly. Launch a surprise nade w charge. The commandos can also plant demo charges; Crocs

Royal Engineer: AVRE's appearance will cause mass retreats without firing a shot.

Commando: Commandos (see above); White phosphorous and HE mortar ability can be applied to active sectors; Call in a bombing run on the OKW HQ when you see a mass retreat.

Hope it helps.
10 Feb 2016, 19:46 PM

Thank you very much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment