Login

russian armor

1v1 UKF macro.

9 Feb 2016, 10:39 AM

I don't have much 1v1 experience. I'm more of a 2v2 and 2v2+ player, which means, during my 1800h I was focused more of the time on a single side of the map rather than the whole map but that's not the case cause my micro is really good. I don't have problem with dodging nades, placing AT Guns, crushing infantry etc. Micro is all right yet I have problems with 1v1 macro.

Yesterday I was playing agasint this guy https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198089247149 (OKW). I forgot to save a replay but it does not matter. As you can see he is a way more experienced than me in 1v1 tho I finally have won.

But the problem is I was hard outplayed in the first 10mins. I lost 2 fuel points, I struggled agasint HMG (Luftwaffe doctrine) because Brits don't have any useful mortars.

Then I call for a Cromwell, when it came to the field I realized I misscliked and made a Cenataur :foreveralone:

Panther killed my Centaur with a silver of health, but that's not the problem. I finally came back to the game becasue of better micro. In the end I won but let me get to the point...

My macro problem is decidng where I should go and push at the begging.
The game I described was Angoville. I decided to go right side cause of IS bonuses in builings.
So I made Vickers and IS and got whole right side with 2 IS and Vickers. Then with RE I tried to get left side but HMGs with Falsch were too much for RE.
In other words, is going heavy for right side as Brits a good option?

Where should I focus on other maps like Kholodny, Faymonville, Arnhem? By focusing I mostly mean at the begging where I should push with Brits. Deep down on my fuel point? Heavy middle oush without getting fuel? Enemy's fuel? That's the downside of playing teamgames. I have problem with decisions on 1v1.
9 Feb 2016, 12:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Imo in 1v1 i think importantly are you moves and moves of opponent, first minutes its are like chess, some moves are mirror for both side. Its need to know you have plan, have you opponent plan, where are kubel or pio (capping or push), sometimes its better to go with IS to houses without caping and hold line. I think Jesulin/DevM thread can help (i know its not about brits but). In map with cutoff try to push cutoff (but opponent can defend it coz he know that you can do it).
About brit mortar in 1v1 he are not bad, coz some map are smalle and not so many units are in game.
Imo IS can build green cover so you will be in better defending position in left side (green cover are only near north cutoff), but from another side, you control 1 WP and 1 fuel, 23 or 26 fuel.
Its all are about you 1v1 experience.
9 Feb 2016, 23:56 PM

Ok guys, I have a feeling like I did really good in the early game but because of that I thought that the game is already won and in fact I lowered my focus level.

It punished me for that.

Then I tried to comeback from almost certain death.

Tell me, what I should do between 10-20min when I had quite good advantage in my opinion.

11 Feb 2016, 04:28 AM

1v1 early game is kind of like chess yeah you need to know the map well and make the right opening move. You can easily lose the game if you make the wrong move. Especially against stuff that UKF is bad against like Ostruppen. Like on Semosky if they manage to spam Ostruppen to hold you back and then place a MG at the bridge closest to your base on either side then you almost pretty much lost the game as you have to waste a lot of time going the other way. (Right now UKF relies on AEC/Cromwell crush imo)

I'm not too amazing on Angoville as I don't play on it much but I think going for the right is a good choice. I usually cap the CP to the left of the VP then cap the one to the left of the fuel point. if you're on the bottom. Some people like to rush the building on the left of the VP if they're on the top and place a MG in there if they're Wehrmacht. Then I usually cap the fuel and put sandbags behind the little bits of grass that give you yellow cover so it's one directional green cover.

If i'm on the top I still go for the right of the map but instead I rush that left VP building possibly right away as it's impossible for a MG to get there before you. Then if it's clear cap the CP to the left of the VP while keeping an eye out for anyone trying to take the building. If Sturms get there first it isn't so bad as it's not a MG but you may want to bring up more IS as IS will lose in that close quarters area.

That's just my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree for Angoville. But personally I think taking key buildings is important in 1v1. Sometimes you may have to rush them straight out without capping anything on your way. Like the big building near the middle fuel point on Stuzdorf. If the enemy gets a MG in there then you can forget about the middle point in the early game unless you're Soviets and can pincer the building with Molotovs. (But that still requires one squad to take damage and researching Molotovs)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★