Login

russian armor

AEC Armor Car Timing Nerf

6 Feb 2016, 08:32 AM

Actually Brit Sections perform as well as Grens but in the late game the vet 3 lmg grens outgun brit sections.

I always thought vet 3 tommies with 5 man squad and atleast 1 if not 2 lmg will out gun vet 3 lmg gren o.O
7 Feb 2016, 00:02 AM

That's not a fair comparison because Ostheer has tools that those factions don't have. What if I said this

"Just think how can soviet do against LMG Grens and how US faces Sniper or how Brits face Mortars."

Ostheer's Shtick is that they lack stronger light vehicle play. Say you give Ostheer a clone of the Stuart or something, or a non-doctrine puma. So now Ostheer has everything, while some factions have nothing.

The counters to light vehicle play are an AT gun and AT snares. I completely agree that light vehicles if well micro'd are pretty much impossible to destroy, and can only be deterred. I don't think the solution is to give Ostheer the same kind of vehicle, I think we should look to solving the root of the problem(Light vehicles are impossible to kill when they come out).

If we give Ostheer a light vehicle such as that this game is going to come down to light vehicle play only, if you lost yours you may as well just surrender. Deep strategy right there.

AT gun and AT snare can't be everywhere,that's the problem. imo as many people suggested , giving 222 a buff will be a good start.
7 Feb 2016, 01:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 07:53 AMashxu

Heh.
Your heh would make sense if they hadn't a %75 win ratio.

So heh harder next time.
7 Feb 2016, 01:41 AM

AT gun and AT snare can't be everywhere,that's the problem. imo as many people suggested , giving 222 a buff will be a good start.

The only buff I could see is giving the 222 a penetration/damage buff on it's autocannon. Making it more of a poke unit and forcing a commitment from the opponents light vehicle. That wouldn't be too bad, I would find it too iffy to give them a light vehicle.

Brits having the best of everything and vetting up for literally nothing is a problem of its own.

Brits have the best "fighting" units, but not much else. Their units severely lack in any sort of utility,(No grenades, no smoke, no snares) but make up for it with their raw strength. Having a Gren + MG provides massive utility over Tommy + Vickers, it's just that the Brits are likely to win in a headbutt match.

I'm not sure what you mean for vetting up for literally nothing. Are you saying the exp required is too easily reached?
7 Feb 2016, 02:09 AM

A lot of the main post makes sense.
It is for sure that PAK is underpreforming for the price and tier.
Give Wermacht some propper, mobile AT ability early game and problem solved.
Raketenwerfer or a single shrek would make the AEC-player at least not rush it in as if it is a very fast KT.

If the game is still supposed to have any historical accuracy, germans had the best AT tools.

I dont like overnerfing everything so that the game becomes a snowball war, just give the opponent a fighting chance and let him adapt.
7 Feb 2016, 02:44 AM

The only buff I could see is giving the 222 a penetration/damage buff on it's autocannon. Making it more of a poke unit and forcing a commitment from the opponents light vehicle. That wouldn't be too bad, I would find it too iffy to give them a light vehicle.

Brits have the best "fighting" units, but not much else. Their units severely lack in any sort of utility,(No grenades, no smoke, no snares) but make up for it with their raw strength. Having a Gren + MG provides massive utility over Tommy + Vickers, it's just that the Brits are likely to win in a headbutt match.

I'm not sure what you mean for vetting up for literally nothing. Are you saying the exp required is too easily reached?

And not to mention 4-man IS still lose to Prostruppen in equal cover.
7 Feb 2016, 02:46 AM

Are you saying the exp required is too easily reached?
Yes exactly.
7 Feb 2016, 04:00 AM

Yeah i always felt that that is dumb. atleast force unlock 5 man squads at 2nd tier
7 Feb 2016, 04:05 AM

Don't nerf the timing, nerf the anti-infantry potential. Should be somewhere between old AEC and current one.

Ostruppen accuracy bonus when in cover is no joke. Gives a huge advantage.

7 Feb 2016, 05:16 AM

Well, either timing delayed about 45-60 seconds (longer teching?), or cutting the anti-infantry aoe down a bit. It definitely doesn't need both nerfs though.
7 Feb 2016, 05:37 AM

Give IS 2 free Brens when they spawn. I don't know how to beat Ostruppen, hence they are OP.

Please cater to my inability to get good, Relic.
7 Feb 2016, 05:42 AM

I always thought vet 3 tommies with 5 man squad and atleast 1 if not 2 lmg will out gun vet 3 lmg gren o.O

Yeah it used to be like that before they nerfed them.
7 Feb 2016, 06:04 AM

Yeah it used to be like that before they nerfed them.

Doesn't really make sense why LMG Grens are better, considering their squad is smaller and cost less.

A 5 man IS squad w/ 2 Brens costs 280 MP and 120 muni on top of Bolster Squads. LMG Grens is 240 MP + 70 muni and is available very early.

"UKF have everything and no weaknesses"

yeah about that...
7 Feb 2016, 07:42 AM

222 has already been buffed. The biggest problem with the 222 is that it controls like sh*t for a scout car. 222 buff would be nice if it could survive a salvo from things like half track so that it can be used for flanking with a pak for more interesting scenarios.

Pak is fine as is. It is the best AT gun in the game. It doesn't need a buff or debuff.

AEC car comes out both too fast and is too powerful. Comes out as early as a 222 and deals much more damage vs squads and has more survivability than a t70 and and stuart thanks to smoke. t70 and stuart with some trouble can flank a pak but not safely when there is a grenadier squad nearby to faust.

AEC does this all the time and decrews the pak and kills the grenadier squad.

It is total BS. AEC should not deal as much anti-infrantry damage as it does and should not do as much splash period. If a full squad grenadier squad is retreating, it should only have like a 30-40% of wiping the squad much like a t70 or stuart chasing does. And it needs to be in a state where it not only has to worry about combined arms but also be desired in combined arms with current british units for greater effectiveness (i.e. you don't have incentive to just spam them blindly like the current top players are doing).

It's just a joke unit right now, no skill to use and so many bad british players have had their 1v1 rating spiked by its OPness.
7 Feb 2016, 16:07 PM

As far as i have tested, his performance looks perfectly fine, its just that the time it comes osthern doesnt has any counters, way to stop it? Sure, but its all up to the bad use of his owner, so maybe, instead of nerf the unit itself, maybe the way to go would be to just increase both research and production times, decreasing both spam and "too early" problems leaving the unit usefull
9 Feb 2016, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 06:25 AMatouba
Why someone still can't realize the fact that the Wehr is the worst faction now, this faction suffers from huge early-mid vehicle rush and bleed their MP like hell.I will give you an advice just don't touch Wehr any more. Play the OKW if you wanna play Axis,the OKW has everything except early HMG compared to the Wehr.

I'm top 10 player as OKW, but I like playing as Wehr. It feels more like the old COH1 standard German Army. But my rank for Wehr never got beyond top 30. That's why...
10 Feb 2016, 04:53 AM
Patrion 310

The real issues is that Werh light armor like the 222 has no durability compared to the other factions; Soviet can quick tech tier3 for 3 good light armor options, USF have at least 2 good non-doctrine options and M5 quad as 3 CP call in, OKW luchs and puma. So what do Werh have that can be compared to the other factions? 5 CP for a puma come too late.

Rather than nerfing brits again I would say buff 222 armor (+increasing fuel price) or make the puma available in tier2 for like 100-120 fuel so they are less cost effective than the 5 CP puma. Since Werh has good AT snare ability with grens they only really need one Puma to kill AEC from range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS