Login

russian armor

Modding Tools Update

4 Feb 2016, 20:45 PM

It's been already two years after Mod Tools were represented. And since then nothing hadn't even changed in arsenal of modding tools. Functionality is very poor at present moment: you can only modify vehicle skins, user interface and attributes (sounds).

I believe, you can understand, what I want to say. I am, maybe you are too, very tired from such restrictions of game content modification. It suppresses our (modders) capabilities and expression. Developers have addicted to all these public events with big prizes and forgot about game development, left the link with constructive community.

My wishlist is not very large, sooner, listed below things are, obviously, desired by lots of modders. I just want developers allowed to modify:

- other left attributes (commanders especially)
- infantry skins
- SCAR functions
- models and animations

Put here your suggestions here, if you really find present Mod Tools capabilities restrictive and dumb.

The last one may be fantastic perspective, so I'd like to survive until the moment infantry skins will be allowed to modify at least. Most current infantry skins looks stupid and unrealistic. Also Relic should create a random variations of each infantrymen model, so troops wouldn't look like clone army. But it is another topic.

Due to official forums are closed, there is no any chance Relic could see my voice of despair, so please, if anyone can connect Relic - tell them we need Mod Tools update badly. Remember them they need to keep the promise in development of our beloved game.

P.S. You can see it's mine first topic and message on this great forum, so don't blame me for my further stupidity and retardation, as I decided to join the coh2.org community in near time.
5 Feb 2016, 00:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge

What do you mean by SCAR functions? SCAR is just Lua, which can be used in Win Condition Packs.
5 Feb 2016, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 20:45 PMbasmqd
attributes (sounds).

When you state sound, are you referring to the function of changing a squad's sound set in the mod tools, the speech codes?

Anyway, besides all those you listed, here's wishing that the feature of importing custom sounds into mods (just like custom models and animation) will also be added in the future. Currently though, it's a good thing we can at least import custom images for unit portraits, abilities, etc.

Also, I feel that, with a stronger set of modding tools, the modding community will be more motivated and inspired to create full-fledged total conversions, even to the extend of venturing into creating mods representing fictional, and original universes. EDIT: The gameplay style of Company of Heroes is great for these kind of things.
5 Feb 2016, 13:53 PM
5 Feb 2016, 15:24 PM

5 Feb 2016, 16:28 PM

???

I was refering to the first post of this thread.
5 Feb 2016, 17:20 PM

I was refering to the first post of this thread.

Oh, my apologies.
5 Feb 2016, 18:02 PM

True words @basmqd
Custom Sound packs would be awesome and new models etc. but relics dlc politics havent ended here. When you create custom commanders nobody will buy the commanders in the store ;) ist already a waste of Money to buy it in the store cuz you can get them by a war spoil drop. Me for myself will never buy sth in the store again. Bought at the start of coh2 all commanders and Skins but now you can get them dropped.

@Waspaloy Why do you have done that post?
6 Feb 2016, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 18:02 PMTiger
True words @basmqd
When you create custom commanders nobody will buy the commanders in the store ;)

Are you actually referring to the paid commanders in the DLC store?
7 Feb 2016, 09:53 AM

What do you mean by SCAR functions? SCAR is just Lua, which can be used in Win Condition Packs.

I mean, Relic could give us access to edit SCAR and, by this way, increase game's engine possible capabilities. Lua has very flexible constructions, so we are be able to create more game features that are closely connected with the gameplay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★