Login

russian armor

Getting back. Need tips.

4 Feb 2016, 14:49 PM

So in short I didn't play in quite some while and want to get back in the game.
I am checking videos, some replays and forum posts but I always like to read some
player input as well.

I usually played Ost and I see that after British came into the game a lot of changes
came as well so I am wondering how is Ost dealing with new changes,what are the popular
doctrines and why, what are Osts counters to brits emplacements and anything else you
think its important to know.

Thanks.
4 Feb 2016, 17:37 PM

I think you will be disappointed. The game has gone downhill since the release of the british forces.

Against british I recommend going for osttruppen for early map control. Try to make them fuel starved. Good luck, you'll need it!
4 Feb 2016, 23:31 PM

You will definitely need ostruppen doctrine or mobile defense doctrine to use against the Brits and Soviets. Ostruppen right now are great due to the recent patches. They also have a nice defensive cover bonus.
11 Feb 2016, 23:59 PM

The way to destroy those pesky emplacements is to get a mortar halftracks and flame it to death.
12 Feb 2016, 16:41 PM

The way to destroy those pesky emplacements is to get a mortar halftracks and flame it to death.

But please add that you only do that if you got spearhead. If not you will lock yourself in a bad doctrine to counter a 400mp non doc unit. Thats an important thing to add to be honest.
12 Feb 2016, 16:47 PM

So in short I didn't play in quite some while and want to get back in the game.
I am checking videos, some replays and forum posts but I always like to read some
player input as well.

I usually played Ost and I see that after British came into the game a lot of changes
came as well so I am wondering how is Ost dealing with new changes,what are the popular
doctrines and why, what are Osts counters to brits emplacements and anything else you
think its important to know.

Thanks.

what mode are we talking about, 1v1, 2v2?

Speaking generally, imo ostheer is hard to play currently. vs brits you should try mortar ht to deal with emplacements, or try to rush with paks, shreks, just simply push frontline enough to kill emplacement. Key is to try focus on mortar pit right after brace go off. AEC is another problem, so try to have some sort of AT weapon, some mines, in 6-7 min of game (sometimes even earlier) and 222 would help you. Remember that special bullets from mg42 may kill aec.

Many people goes mobile defense with puma to deal with such a things. I think you should choose commander which suit you and you feel most confident.
12 Feb 2016, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 16:47 PMStark

what mode are we talking about, 1v1, 2v2?

Speaking generally, imo ostheer is hard to play currently. vs brits you should try mortar ht to deal with emplacements, or try to rush with paks, shreks, just simply push frontline enough to kill emplacement. Key is to try focus on mortar pit right after brace go off. AEC is another problem, so try to have some sort of AT weapon, some mines, in 6-7 min of game (sometimes even earlier) and 222 would help you. Remember that special bullets from mg42 may kill aec.

Many people goes mobile defense with puma to deal with such a things. I think you should choose commander which suit you and you feel most confident.

Aec useally comes at about 5mins if I remember correctly so the timing to get AT is a bit tighter. Puma comes a bit to late at 5cp (?) So your best bet is to Lure it over a mine. And dont forget to use attack ground when the aec Pops smoke against your pak, it's essential. If you have the 0cp osttruppen commander take it everytime against brits, they increase your Chances to win dramaticly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★