Login

russian armor

Relic what happened?

• This thread is locked
2 Feb 2016, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

If any relic guys reading this: just a reminder vcoh is superior in almost every way to coh2

I havent played coh1 a single time since coh2 release so i decided to fire it up again and omg the game is simply hands down better in every possible way except it doesnt have grid keys and true sight but except that it is simply the superior game.

I would argue it has better graphics and effects and most of all it has better readability.

It has interesting tech choices.

Except for the mg42, coh1 has better sounds for everything.

Infantry has waaaaaaaaaay more fluid animations and look like real soldiers.

It has hilarious voice lines.

Relic please tell me what happened to you? If anything coh2 should have been easily just as good as coh1 since you copy pasted almost everything from it, even the models and many assets are the same. Grid keys, true sight and pathing are the only thing that was improved, the rest are pure downgrades. I mean just look up angoville in coh1 and then coh2.. coh2's colours are just a mess. Artstyle of coh1 is miles ahead.

A game from 2006 has better graphics than a game from 2013 and runs soooo much better, that is just a sad fact.

What happened relic?
2 Feb 2016, 15:50 PM

Banned
Another COH1 "veteran" who still believes in older games and come crying on how superior it is.

2 Feb 2016, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 15:37 PMspajn
If any relic guys reading this: just a reminder vcoh is superior in almost every way to coh2

I havent played coh1 a single time since coh2 release so i decided to fire it up again and omg the game is simply hands down better in every possible way except it doesnt have grid keys and true sight but except that it is simply the superior game.
A game from 2006 has better graphics than a game from 2013 and runs soooo much better, that is just a sad fact.

What happened relic?

100% agree with you, like me delete Coh 2 and install CoH 1 and enjoy
2 Feb 2016, 16:07 PM

Well, is there something that stops you guys to uninstall a game you do not like and install and play a game you like?

2 Feb 2016, 16:25 PM
Donator 11

Being a person who doesn't have vcoh golden memories and played vcoh after buying coh2, i have to say that the new coh is superior to vcoh in every way expect unit responsiveness.
2 Feb 2016, 16:29 PM
Senior Editor Badge

2 Feb 2016, 16:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 15:37 PMspajn

What happened relic?

Money happened. People left the studio, CoH2 didnt have the budget that vCoH had. Relic practically released a sophisticated mod with CoH2. Its nothing more tbh.

I dont agree on everything though: Quite a few FX effects look better in CoH2. Some smoke, some explosions look better >in some ways< but a bit worse in other ways. Gameplay in CoH2 was better as well, except for some cheesy soviet units and the blob-fest that returned with WFA.

Capping, vaulting, true sight are great additions as well. Apart from that CoH2 doesent really shine though. Quite the opposite.
2 Feb 2016, 17:19 PM

my memories about every coh1 teamgame ever:

-sniper spam
-calli spam
-howitzer spam
-rep bunker spam
-med bunkers
-m10 spam

coh2 looks absolutely gorgeous and when a lot happens on the screen, it's breathtaking.
gameplaywise there are so many improvements in detail (like no more kradpushing)

btw when complaining about modern graphics you should start putting your eye on DotA, LoL SC2 and CS.

2 Feb 2016, 17:44 PM

I don´t know.... coh1 was a masterpiece- visual and gameplay much better then anything else in the genre.
Coh2 on the other hand has some nice new features, at least on paper and some downgrades.
Truesight could have been a realy big change for better gameplay, but most of the time you won´t notice it at all or it´s a bit buggy.On a sidenote , the mapdesign fails in utilizing that feature on almost all of the maps.

Vaulting is a nice little feature, but doesn´t change all that much.

Ressources and popcap-mechanic are a straight downgrade.

Capping is different, but I can hardly tell what I like more, it´s just different...
Some fx look better in coh2, but they come with a drop in performance.

I think people who played coh1 had very high expactions about the "next step" and coh2 was just a huge disapointment in some ways. Atleast for me it surely was, but things have gotten better recently.

2 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM

coh2 is so much better
2 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM

Ressources and popcap-mechanic are a straight downgrade.

nope
2 Feb 2016, 18:30 PM

Nostalgia is the bane of my existence.
2 Feb 2016, 18:32 PM
Benefactor 355

Swiftsabre why you no lock dis thread before coh1 fanboi butt raping begins?
2 Feb 2016, 18:42 PM

As someone who played 3000+ hours of CoH1 and only 800 ish hours of CoH2, I feel I am entitled to say ...

NEITHER GAME IS BETTER. OPINION DOES NOT EQUAL FACT. STOP BEING SHIT DISTURBERS AND STUDY OR WORK OR WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO DURING THE DAY.
2 Feb 2016, 18:52 PM

Army design and commander system in CoH2 is straight downgrade because it removes choices. And there aren't enough fuel sinks beyond core teching and vehicles.
2 Feb 2016, 19:00 PM

Army design and commander system in CoH2 is straight downgrade because it removes choices.

nope, choices were added
2 Feb 2016, 19:06 PM

nope, choices were added

Commander choices, yes, but the presence of global upgrades like Bars, sticky bombs, grenades, sherman up-gun, sherman smoke (for USA), veterency (for Wehrmacht), incendiary grenades, defensive operations, AT grenades, 4 man squads, panzerschreks, increased capture speed, advanced repair, group zeal, veteran sergeant (for PE) are less than in CoH2... British were poorly designed and thus got no global upgrades :D

But all he's saying for the most part in CoH2 it comes down to "I will spend all my fuel to tech to Luchs then save enough fuel to get a panther" is sometimes how complicated decision making with regards to fuel expenditure gets.
2 Feb 2016, 19:09 PM
Donator 22

Coh2 is not better or worse.

It's simply different. Some prefer the original. Some prefer the new.

Both deserve praise (and criticism). But these threads are counterproductive to the overall community.

Locking.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 39
Germany 723
Netherlands 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %