Login

russian armor

ESL - Only for Pro's?

2 Feb 2016, 18:36 PM

The prizes are there because you should get something for a lot of training and not for just participating. This game has no professional player's by the way.. only good player's.
2 Feb 2016, 18:45 PM

I can't believe this is actually a thread ... lmao CoH 2 community never ceases to amuse and amaze.
3 Feb 2016, 06:46 AM
Patrion 28

yes, ESL is only for pros. it's like the handicap spot is only for people who are injured (or forged a plate). it's like you will never be a Victoria's secret model because you are neither female nor attractive (this is subjective, others could disagree with me).
3 Feb 2016, 08:05 AM

Nah. ESL will be mainly for cheaters due to the commonly available map hack out there. With that much money on the line, every player will be cheating and exploiting relic's poor balance. More AEC cars please. Maybe some more squad-wipes from mines. Etc.

Just pile on the crap on top of the sh*t sandwich that is the COH2 scene.
3 Feb 2016, 08:31 AM
Donator 22

I don´t agree that ESL is only for Pro´s. I always join the tournament, not in the intention to win, but first of all to support the game and second to get better. I mostly win once and then get destroyed by some high level player. But that´s one of the best ways to learn. Watching your replay and analyzing what went so horrible wrong is sometimes embarrassing but always the right thing to improve.

But nonetheless were is something that could be done to encourage more players to play in ESL. Why not give every player who participate a decal or skin, something small but something that can show your participation ingame. Now way more player would have a reason to join ESL, and if its just for the decal, they maybe find out that it is a lot of fun, even if you have no chance to win, and stay. With more players there would be more competition for the mid-low level players and much more reasons to participate. So basically a win win situation. We had a Decal for OCF so why not for ESL?
3 Feb 2016, 08:51 AM

I have no need for money and don't have the time or motivation to try and become a top ten player but I joined the first two weeks of ESL with no hope in hell of winning, infact I will never have a hope in hell but I will join whenever I can, because it is fun.

3 Feb 2016, 08:55 AM

I think I'll join in a couple of weeks time, ESL looks like fun, and I have even less chance of winning than most. It's about playing for fun, not playing to win.
4 Feb 2016, 11:06 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Yeah, 3rd leagues exist in normal sports too, but I don't see 3rd league championship transmissions anywhere :snfBarton: I wonder if its because it happens on too low level for anyone to actually care.
E-sports aren't any different here.

I don't know if you caught this thread, which I thought was very interesting about the possibility of leagues...sadly, Part 2 is still awaited...

https://www.coh2.org/topic/32443/marcus2389-shoutcasts/page/1#post_id315811
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS