Login

russian armor

Need UKF Australian/Desert Rats commander

1 Feb 2016, 10:31 AM

During WW2 Australians may have been mostly fighting the Japanese but they did play important roles in the desert battle across Egypt ect.

One of the more impressive battles was the battle of Tobruk. In the capture of Tobruk 20,000 prisoners, 208 guns and 87 tanks had been captured for the loss of 400 men, 355 of them Australian. The Australians would end up being cut off from the main UKF for 240 days, during that time they would successfully hold off against Rommel's constant attacks.

Another thing to add is the "desert rats", referring the 7th british armored regiment. they contained a good amount of Australians in the regiment. More importantly for COH2 is that they used a jeep that had 2 or 3 vickers machine guns mounted on it. From memory i believe most of those who used them were Australian. This would be a great unit addition to a COH2 commander. At say 4 points you get, late sure but thats because it would be able to quickly suppress infantry (looking at you volk blobs) and even follow them on their retreat (to punish players who over extend only with infantry in mid and late game). It wouldn't have a set up time but would only take 3 shreks (same as a UC) to kill so the UKF player would have to micro it well to keep it out of the shreks range.

So here is my thinking, it would contain something like
2 points - hit the dirt (same as Soviets)
2 points - mortar emplacements gain incendiary barrage ability
4 Points - assault
4-5 points - Desert rat's Jeep
8-10 points - some good late game arty (call in not from HQ)

The commander would basically have an anti-infantry focus. I want this so bad. we need that desert rat's jeep in the game. what do you think?

image of desert rats jeep in links
link 1 https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/20/cc/6d/20cc6d14a7fb1e986d24f54d76072f05.jpg

link 2 https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/10/1c/36/101c364c99764c87feb1c7d5fc46f28b.jpg

1 Feb 2016, 10:38 AM

I say rework commanders for other factions then talk about adding new ones to the game. Although I know Relic will never do it but hey, one can dream.
1 Feb 2016, 11:31 AM
1 Feb 2016, 12:13 PM

Brits are modeled after north offensive forces, stuff you ask for is for south forces(as well as SAS jeeps, which unless they outperform M5 quad, shouldn't be at higher then 2 CPs).
1 Feb 2016, 12:15 PM

Do we really need this? Absolutely not. Adding more features just make game balance even more difficult.
1 Feb 2016, 19:46 PM

Meh, not enough call ins, and crappy abilities. Even then, no one would use something like this over what we already have. And even further, the balance needs to be fixed, not have more sh!t thrown on it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★