Login

russian armor

Unit Range Illustrations?

3 Jul 2013, 17:30 PM

I'm still not sure of the exact ranges of AT nades and other crap...Does anyone want to work on an illustrated guide? Ie., we will screen shot the circles and show the weapons range on the AC, flamenwurfer, tanks etc. This could be super useful.

I hate that it's 10x more difficult to kite in this game because if you go inside the range and he presses the button, you get hit, whereas in COH1 you could drive back out and the animation would have to stop. Why did they have to do this?

3 Jul 2013, 18:13 PM

This is actually on my list of things to do, but I'd expect it to be at least a week until I get to starting it.

Ranges are so short in this game that I'm glad it doesn't cancel the animation.
3 Jul 2013, 20:17 PM

I'm still not sure of the exact ranges of AT nades and other crap...Does anyone want to work on an illustrated guide? Ie., we will screen shot the circles and show the weapons range on the AC, flamenwurfer, tanks etc. This could be super useful.

I hate that it's 10x more difficult to kite in this game because if you go inside the range and he presses the button, you get hit, whereas in COH1 you could drive back out and the animation would have to stop. Why did they have to do this?

I'm pretty terrible at knowing unit ranges and just generally bad at kiting in general, so I'd be interested in this too.

I don't quite understand your comparison to CoH1. Could you explain it again?
3 Jul 2013, 21:32 PM

In COH2 if you were in range of the AT nade at the time your opponent presses the button, it always hits. In COH1 you had a split second to micro out of sticky range before the animation completed...

I don't know why Relic changed it, but it would seem they want to punish bad positioning more than bad micro. Ie,, old system = You messed up/were surprised but it's ok, your micro is good so no engine damage. New system = You messed up/were surprised, so you will be punished with no second chances.

2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★