Login

russian armor

Hack in COH2

31 Jan 2016, 22:40 PM
Donator 11

no srsly

RELIC has no anti cheat in place - no punk buster - no battle eye etc

why?

maphack in this game is basically god mode. There isn't a more damaging cheat that I can think of;

is there any official statement from RELIC on any attempts to stop cheating?
31 Jan 2016, 22:45 PM

there is a very easy way of preventing cheating. Just make everything server sided, you will only see what the game server tells you to see.

HoN have this system, and never got hacked.
31 Jan 2016, 22:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 22:45 PMzerocoh
there is a very easy way of preventing cheating. Just make everything server sided, you will only see what the game server tells you to see.

HoN have this system, and never got hacked.

Oh man, and you think that server cpu power is free or something? How on earth are you going to do this in such a cpu intensive game as coh2? Not to mention how laggy it would be. I think you should rather thank relic they changed p2p into battle servers, thats most of what they could done in the topic of centralisation.
31 Jan 2016, 22:53 PM

Invissed a post for racism, not everyone in third world countries is a cheater.
31 Jan 2016, 23:20 PM
Donator 11

so no post on if there is an actual anti cheat program?

how can this game ever go to esports without any cheat protection?
31 Jan 2016, 23:35 PM

Oh man, and you think that server cpu power is free or something? How on earth are you going to do this in such a cpu intensive game as coh2? Not to mention how laggy it would be. I think you should rather thank relic they changed p2p into battle servers, thats most of what they could done in the topic of centralisation.

yeah, because S2 games is such a HUGE company, right...

If they managed to do it, so can relic.

And don't talk nonsense, Relic already have their servers running, it would add almost nothing to give clients coordinates on the units.
1 Feb 2016, 00:14 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 23:35 PMzerocoh

And don't talk nonsense, Relic already have their servers running, it would add almost nothing to give clients coordinates on the units.

Its not about being huge or small, or actually the bigger the playerbase the bigger the problem is so rather huge companies would have more problems. But in fact its simply economically inefficient no matter how big and rich you are.
1 Feb 2016, 04:41 AM

Oh well. It's been a pretty pathetic 2 years. This game had a bad launch and relic had maybe 1 or 2 months of a balanced game? With the hacking and the fact that ESL viewership is pretty awful and not worth the investment, COH2 will just whimper itself to death.
1 Feb 2016, 06:10 AM

CoH2 does have anti-cheat.
1 Feb 2016, 06:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 23:35 PMzerocoh

HoN and Coh2 are totally different games, you cant have a server side RTS, literally the most retarded thing I've ever heard someone say.
1 Feb 2016, 06:21 AM

I am certain there is a map hackers, you can tell by units which rely on vision being able to do certain things (like stugs successfully chasing and killing tanks, which supposed to fall out of vision etc).
1 Feb 2016, 08:35 AM

I've seen a lot of people using maphack in the game, in game just going around ALL the mines, doesn't bring a sweeper and ground fires it with a tank/atgun as soon as he has one, check replay and he never had vision on any of the mines in any way etcetc..

I have a small list of people (5-10 people) who I believe to be a maphacker, this means that every time I'm against them I just tell my teammate and leave the game
1 Feb 2016, 08:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you know about a website making a maphack or a program for cheating, you should email it to Relic so they can try to fix the exploit. I know that talking to Relic can feel like shouting at a brick wall, so you can also PM staff members here with information and we can try to put more pressure on Relic while keeping the hack from spreading everywhere. This has been done before and I believe it worked out well.
1 Feb 2016, 09:14 AM

Permanently Banned
If you know about a website making a maphack or a program for cheating, you should email it to Relic so they can try to fix the exploit. I know that talking to Relic can feel like shouting at a brick wall, so you can also PM staff members here with information and we can try to put more pressure on Relic while keeping the hack from spreading everywhere. This has been done before and I believe it worked out well.

I feel that website are from Relic, more money from game (maybe not in Relic but to guys who work there). Why fight vs cheats if you can have some profit from it MVGame.
1 Feb 2016, 09:16 AM

I've seen a lot of people using maphack in the game, in game just going around ALL the mines, doesn't bring a sweeper and ground fires it with a tank/atgun as soon as he has one, check replay and he never had vision on any of the mines in any way etcetc..

I totally agree there are maphackers, but show the replay of what u just claimed or it never happened
1 Feb 2016, 09:19 AM

There is not a single person who plays coh2 (including relic) and doesn't know about that website who sells the hack. I sent them (relic) too, but no need for hiding everyone knows that hack selling website. everyone can simply google it
1 Feb 2016, 09:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

There is not a single person who plays coh2 (including relic) and doesn't know about that website who sells the hack. I sent them too, but no need for hiding everyone knows that hack selling website. everyone can simply google it

If a website is in Chinese or Russian or a language other than English, I wouldn't count on Relic locating it themselves.
1 Feb 2016, 09:25 AM

I totally agree there are maphackers, but show the replay of what u just claimed or it never happened

I don't expose hackers like that, I don't make these claims off a single replay, usually after playing against them multiple times, I had around 30 replays of people I believe were hacking but almost all of them are outdated and I don't have anything right now
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★