Login

russian armor

Teamkillers

31 Jan 2016, 14:01 PM

I was playing as OKW in 3 vs 3 and holding A VP, muni and fuel point on my own. My king tiger had just arrived.

On the other side of the map, two guys were engaging 2 enemies.

One of them, playing wehr, frustrated by his lack of skill, started whining 'allies are OP etc.etc.'. I told him to shut up, keep playing, L2P and stop being such a butthurt noob.

He had 3 panzergrens with schrecks destroy ALL 3 of my trucks and also my HQ. He used light artillery barrage on my troops (He was playing mechanized assault).

WHY THE HELL CAN'T WE KICK TEAMKILLERS? Why does panzerschrecks do damage to your allies buildings? Are these people who get butthurt at their lack of skill and then attack their allies never punished?

Moderator Edit: Removed player name

31 Jan 2016, 14:07 PM
Patrion 15

Instead of locking/invising a post I've removed the name. We strongly discourage naming and shaming here as we state in our site rules.

Lets see where the thread goes.
31 Jan 2016, 14:08 PM

Instead of locking/invising a post I've removed the name. We strongly discourage naming and shaming here as we state in our site rules.

Lets see where the thread goes.

I have video evidence. I saved the replay. If I posted it you would have no basis to refute my complaint.
31 Jan 2016, 14:21 PM

Welcome to online gaming 2010. Must suck for you but randoms will always be a problem (doenst matter which game ) so get some friends together or Start Adding other players so you can always queue up together.

Tl;Dr get some friends
31 Jan 2016, 14:22 PM

Welcome to online gaming 2010. Must suck for you but randoms will always be a problem (doenst matter which game ) so get some friends together or Start Adding other players so you can always queue up together.

Tl;Dr get some friends

I have friends. Very good friends, but you cant always play together, you know?
nee
31 Jan 2016, 14:23 PM

Lesson here is don't piss off your teammates, when they are already pissed.
Are you really surprised that kicking an irritated dog results in it biting you?
31 Jan 2016, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 14:23 PMnee
Lesson here is don't piss off your teammates, when they are already pissed.
Are you really surprised that kicking an irritated dog results in it biting you?

Not at all. What I'm surprised is the lack of an ability to kick the player and the fact that you can damage your allies base with your weapons on purpose with the magic of aim ground
31 Jan 2016, 14:26 PM

I have friends. Very good friends, but you cant always play together, you know?

Thats why you starr Adding good players you play with or against so that you will actually have a roster of players in your friend List which are all atleast OK. Or you can go on and say i have friends not always time and rant on about randoms.
Srsly what you wanna achieve? Report him? He will get a WarnIng MAX, you are just wasting time and Energy with this topic.
31 Jan 2016, 14:44 PM

welcome to the best RTS game in the history
31 Jan 2016, 15:24 PM

I was playing as OKW in 3 vs 3 and holding A VP, muni and fuel point on my own. My king tiger had just arrived.

On the other side of the map, two guys were engaging 2 enemies.

One of them, playing wehr, frustrated by his lack of skill, started whining 'allies are OP etc.etc.'. I told him to shut up, keep playing, L2P and stop being such a butthurt noob.

He had 3 panzergrens with schrecks destroy ALL 3 of my trucks and also my HQ. He used light artillery barrage on my troops (He was playing mechanized assault).

WHY THE HELL CAN'T WE KICK TEAMKILLERS? Why does panzerschrecks do damage to your allies buildings? Are these people who get butthurt at their lack of skill and then attack their allies never punished?

Moderator Edit: Removed player name

Just out of curiosity, did you expect a good result after calling a random stranger on the internet a butthurt noob?
31 Jan 2016, 15:29 PM
Donator 11

This thing happens to you once and you head to rant at the forums to add a feature to kick players. :rolleyes::loco:
31 Jan 2016, 17:14 PM

I've had that happen but I didn't even say anything to him. Only happened once though.
31 Jan 2016, 17:46 PM

This can be a real problem, seems more of these hopeless noobs recently with an influx of new players due to discounts? Maybe like other games, code that dealing X amount of damage to base of friendly players will result in an autokick.
31 Jan 2016, 17:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

To clarify: teamkill is something which Relic has looked at in the past.

As Kobunite clearly stated: the Site Rules do not allow you to overtly discuss this stuff. We do not run a Fair Play forum here, since Relic apparently wanted to deal with such matters themselves.

We have given you a link in the Site Rules, which enables you to report bad play. Please use it.
31 Jan 2016, 17:48 PM

when i found out how online teamgames work, i started playing 1v1.

and it was so much fun, because i had full control of my game and it greatly improved my gameplay. i watche replays and read strategies. and winning a 1v1 just gives you so much of a good feeling

can only recommend
31 Jan 2016, 17:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

when i found out how online teamgames work, i started playing 1v1.

and it was so much fun, because i had full control of my game and it greatly improved my gameplay. i watche replays and read strategies. and winning a 1v1 just gives you so much of a good feeling

can only recommend

I can sympathise.

However, if you find an AT which suits you, this is just as much fun, assuming you have a mic, ofc
31 Jan 2016, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 17:46 PMDeca
This can be a real problem, seems more of these hopeless noobs recently with an influx of new players due to discounts? Maybe like other games, code that dealing X amount of damage to base of friendly players will result in an autokick.

In fact it is strange this is not already implemented. While FPS games can be hard to differentiate normal play from teamkillers in Coh2 it is rather easy, damage to friendly base would never happen in normal play. Should result in auto-kick.
31 Jan 2016, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 18:16 PMDeca

In fact it is strange this is not already implemented. While FPS games can be hard to differentiate normal play from teamkillers in Coh2 it is rather easy, damage to friendly base would never happen in normal play. Should result in auto-kick.

But then unintended mistakes like this will kick players ?

Or if you call skillpane and it will somehow damage friends hq because shermans was near and plane took stupid path ? Or you know , so many thinks can happen , i dont think this is a solution
nee
31 Jan 2016, 20:20 PM

More effective if you can blacklist certain players you have come across, or by name. However that might be inflexible because you may not want them to be teammates but don't mind them being opponents, or vice versa.

I've come across my fair share of idiot noobs and dickbag pros on my team, but I just quit when it's clear they're not cooperative. Then again I'm mostly 4v4 custom matches these days, in which case I host games, not join. I can't vote to remove players, so I settle with being host which has unilateral power to do that.

And yes auto-kick feature would be horrible, because not only would you get kicked for unintentionally destroying someone else's assets, but they can be manipulated so the "victim player" griefs the team and the allies all get kicked by trying to back him up. You're not always going to successfully cover someone's forward building or unit, especially when said unit is already at low health and about to die, and you;re the unfortunate person that deals the last blow even if you meant to attack a nearby enemy.

Such a feature would instead discourage team work; since I risk being kicked for trying to help you, the best option is to leave you to get gang banged by four opponents at once. But that's lose-lose.
31 Jan 2016, 21:35 PM

Yep OKW bases being all over the maps makes it hard to gauge. Would have to be consistent base damage being inflicted over time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 3
Russian Federation 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak