Login

russian armor

Tier 1 Openings

28 Jan 2016, 17:54 PM

I know maxim spam has become kind of meta after the Volks buff where its fairly easy to push Con spam off the map now but I was interested in experimenting with Tier 1 openings against OKW (Special Rifle Command). What builds have you all used to some success?

Personally I've found that Vet 0 Penals seem to fare better against Vet 0 Volks than Cons and the Scout Car is a bonus to shut down Kubels and harass Volks before Shreks appear (and force him to sink munitions early there). The only downside is that Penals scale like pudding and you have to eventually back-tech for ZIS guns in most cases. Anyway, I was thinking...

-> Special Rifle Command
Cons
Penals
Scout Car (Upgrade to Flamer Engi)
Cons or Penals

Ad-Lib (But Lend-Lease looks appealing to me due to DSHK call-ins filling in for Maxims, especially since their Suppression and Damage is better)

Would you bother trying this against Ostheer?

Thoughts?

EDIT I pretty much only play 1s and 2s
29 Jan 2016, 03:57 AM

I usually go 1v1 and 2v2 as well and I have never really had a problem wit conscript spam in 1v1 against Ober. The Kubel cant hold up against two conscript squads and if you get a AT grenade on it you'll have no problem chasing it down and finishing the job. I love lend lease tactics, but sometimes in 2v2 Ober can be sneaky and whip out a light panzer and the only ways to kill it are: DSHK armor piercing rounds, wait it out for the sherman, spam AT nades, Mines, or tier to the second base to get ZIS which i don't like doing. Because most of those strategies are very situation I try to keep pressure on as hard as possible early game to keep Ober from establishing a steady fuel income.

I think that penal is a viable strat against Ostheer because of their heavy usage of Mg or other support weapons. Penals are super deadly when flanking an MG or Mortar and if the enemy underestimates them you could have fun using their support weapons against them early on. The satchel is insanely fun to use and just as effective against those MG nests which are annoying if they get a gunner in it and place it in just the right spot.

I love Penals, but you gotta keep them alive so you don't lag behind in teching up (unless you're going Lend Lease)
29 Jan 2016, 07:36 AM

When I go for tier 1 it almost always Sniper -> 3 cons -> T2, but if a Kübel is harassing I'll grab a M3 with flamer CEs, otherwise I'll go for a quick T2 after getting those units and grab some maxims, you can't really do anything against okw blobs without Maxims but DSHK does the same job too but forces you to grab a mediocre (Or extremely bad) doctrine

I wouldn't recommend heavy T1 for 2v2s, since it's extremely easy to counter and 90% of the times it fails miserably
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★