Login

russian armor

Coh2 on youtube, do people watch it?

28 Jan 2016, 14:08 PM

I am considering making Youtube videos of my gameplay. I am ranked top 60 atm as USF in 1v1. I would love to make videos of my gameplay aswell as capture myself commentating this, with focus on my tacics and my thoughts throughout the game. The videos will be mainly for entertainment but also for new players who would like to learn. I have tried streaming but with my slow internet I can not manage to create high quality streams. Are there people out there who would be interested in watching this? give me feedback please.
28 Jan 2016, 14:18 PM

If you can do this on similar level as PropagandaCast or GeneralGentlemans then yes
28 Jan 2016, 14:19 PM

Yeah, people such as myself have to spread the word to others about channels such as yours. I'll watch it and I'll recommend it to people who are curious about new channels.
28 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM

Good castings are always welcome, and sooner or later, you'll get a good crowd. I'd advice you that you should watch on "how" you will talk - avoid fast talking, and avoid language crutches, such as the horrible "like" that people say amidst every word. Also, I think it helps if you think about who you want to talk to - experienced player, newbie, professional or the curious gamer that heard about this Company of Heroes stuff and came about.

The aforementioned casts were reminded because of some of these details. English is not my first language, and I think ImperialDane does a great job at casting, with good tone, cadence and the occasional cheering.

I'd advice you to watch some castings made by The Frontline Network ( https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFrontlineNetwork ), these guys were amazing and it's a shame that they never came back for more castings. The game was pretty new by then, so expect a lot of strange meta.
28 Jan 2016, 15:23 PM

Just do it and if the vids are good people will keep watching them :)
28 Jan 2016, 15:41 PM

Thank you so much for the replies. I will give it a go and post my first video here on the forum for some feedback. I will do as you suggested :)
28 Jan 2016, 15:46 PM

I usually watch the tournament streams while at work
28 Jan 2016, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

ppl still play dis game? :romeoHairDay:
28 Jan 2016, 18:08 PM

Watch "Thezansibar" on youtube, top notch videos. :D
28 Jan 2016, 18:11 PM

If you're doing any replays or live games, I personally want commentary. NorthWeapon, whilst the videos are taken on a good PC and the tactics are sound, doesn't do commentary on his live games and that puts me off. The more you have to say, the better.
28 Jan 2016, 19:08 PM

That is excactly my plan. I will link my uploads once they are up. how you will give them a try.
28 Jan 2016, 19:19 PM

youtube is the only place i watch, since right now i'm without my gaming rig. please post good stuff! romeo is too nerdy for my taste.
28 Jan 2016, 19:29 PM

Only if its good
29 Jan 2016, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 18:11 PMSwift
If you're doing any replays or live games, I personally want commentary. NorthWeapon, whilst the videos are taken on a good PC and the tactics are sound, doesn't do commentary on his live games and that puts me off. The more you have to say, the better.

I agree completely. I enjoy watching casts on Youtube and by "cast" I mean gameplay with commentary. A cast is different from just posting the recording of a match.
I really enjoy Magpie842 because he combines humour with tactical commentary that really helps to keep the casts interesting and fresh, without being disrespectful to the players he was commentating on.
There was one caster that I managed to watch for a few minutes before shutting down the video and never watching again. He spoke loudly and quickly, was disrespectful of the players and when something vaguely amusing happened he said "lololololololol!"

Sorry but no. Hearing someone say "lol" is bad enough, but that is just wrong. Either actually laugh or don't bother.
29 Jan 2016, 13:11 PM

Thanks for the input. If you are interested, you could try watching my frist video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hHwQ86c1RQ&feature=youtu.be This is a intense and long match, i speak while playing. Please give me your feedback on how to improve, and if you liked it, let me know so i can do another one. Thanks again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 19
Germany 851
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %