Login

russian armor

Mine sweepers shouldn't make blobs immune to mines

29 Jan 2016, 01:55 AM

Just what it says in the title. There is no reason a blob should just be able to walk though a massive mine field like nothing is there.

inb4 l2p indirectfire the minefield

if u seen the mine u would step on it? lol
29 Jan 2016, 02:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is a game, it would make mines too strong to shut down lines of approach. One teller on a road covered by an mg42 shuts down all vehicles until you can hit it with a mortar or something. It requires too much micro to counter if you need to sweep each individual mine before moving units through it.
29 Jan 2016, 02:26 AM
29 Jan 2016, 02:47 AM

If speaking about sweepers, can we already give them experience for each swept mine?

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 12:25 PMF1sh
+1 Was recently thinking the same thing. Minesweepers should only make the unit carrying the minesweeper immune to mines.

Same with tanks, you shouldn't be able to just move a minesweeper along with your tanks to get rid of all the risk of mines.
Both good ideas.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 02:08 AMTobis
This is a game, it would make mines too strong to shut down lines of approach. One teller on a road covered by an mg42 shuts down all vehicles until you can hit it with a mortar or something. It requires too much micro to counter if you need to sweep each individual mine before moving units through it.
Mortar? Just target ground with the vehicle....
29 Jan 2016, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 02:08 AMTobis

So instead the entire blob gets immunity and fucks my shit up because otherwise I have to build 5 maxims which just invites rocket arty?

30 muni expenditure forces me to spend over 1k mp that will just get wiped on retreat anyway?
29 Jan 2016, 04:00 AM

Nice counterargument...

go fuck yourself you smug cunt

Nothing to say at all. Just smug arrogance and Facebook tier wit.

Im sorry if i offended you by my comment.
29 Jan 2016, 06:11 AM
Patrion 28

Just what it says in the title. There is no reason a blob should just be able to walk though a massive mine field like nothing is there.

inb4 l2p indirectfire the minefield

this is not doable with current mine implementation.

the ways mines work is that when invisible they will detonate when a unit enters their trigger aoe and will not self detonate when detected. at any point they can be sympathetically detonated by another aoe weapon.

the way sweepers work is that they offer detection of the type used by mines (the other type is the kind used by units such as the lusch or snipers).

what you are proposing would make it impossible to sweep mines because they would detonate on the sweeping squad. i'm not sure if it's possible to circumvent this by making a detection type that does not prevent mines from triggering. if it is possible then sweepers would have to have two detection types; a standard ranged detection that revealed but did not prevent self detonation and another type with a much smaller radius on each squad member that prevented detonation. this would still allow squads to walk over mines though if the smaller aura was covering the mine.

tl;dr: this is not mechanically possible.
/thread
29 Jan 2016, 06:15 AM

why spam mines?
do what everyone else does to counter blobs as the soviet...... DEMO!
29 Jan 2016, 06:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So instead the entire blob gets immunity and fucks my shit up because otherwise I have to build 5 maxims which just invites rocket arty?

30 muni expenditure forces me to spend over 1k mp that will just get wiped on retreat anyway?

They are attacking you with 1k manpower worth of volks and sturms, where is your army? Why should you be able to invest only 90 munitions to stop it?
29 Jan 2016, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 06:27 AMTobis

They are attacking you with 1k manpower worth of volks and sturms, where is your army? Why should you be able to invest only 90 munitions to stop it?

So instead of reading the entire thread you jump to conclusions. Are you purposefully misrepresenting things? Or are you just being lazy?

As I have already posted,

8 volks and 1 spio is what he had.

I had 3-4 cons, 2 mg 2 su85 and a fuck ton of mines.

I even drew a diagram. Did you not read it?

Couldn't mortar cause he had driven it of with 3 isg. I had just used my katyushas to fend off a frontal assault from another player. SU85s got of 4-5 shots on ground before the blob killed them both or I could swing my mgs around to deal with it.

It was FAR MORE than 90 munitions man. Go back and read what I posted before you blunder wildly into a discussion you know nothing about.

My argument is that for the price of 1 minesweeper, he was able to walk right through a 200 muni minefield and not have to care. That is ridiculous.
29 Jan 2016, 11:09 AM

why spam mines?
do what everyone else does to counter blobs as the soviet...... DEMO!

It was a very wide area and a demo or 2 wouldnt have cut it.'

29 Jan 2016, 11:14 AM

what you are proposing would make it impossible to sweep mines because they would detonate on the sweeping squad.

If you had been paying attention, you would have known that I was never implying minesweepers shouldn't give immunity to themselves. Only units around them or at the very least HALVE the sight range of mine sweepers.

Your entire argument was based on an incorrect reading of very clearly stated complaints.
30 Jan 2016, 02:08 AM
Patrion 28

If you had been paying attention, you would have known that I was never implying minesweepers shouldn't give immunity to themselves. Only units around them or at the very least HALVE the sight range of mine sweepers.

Your entire argument was based on an incorrect reading of very clearly stated complaints.

you don't understand how mine sweeping works. the reason that sweepers have immunity is because they detect the mines. detected mines will not self detonate. the only other way to protect them from mines but still allow them to detonate would be for mines to detonate when detected and have target tables that prevent infantry from taking damage, something that is retarded on multiple levels.

the very same reason that makes sweepers work on mines makes them not work on demos; demos do not care if they're detected or not because they're command fired. this makes sweepers a problem against demos because they will attempt to sweep the demo (which they can do) but a good player will detonate it on them and come out ahead anyway. this means that if you have sweepers sighting a demo for you then you must keep ordering them back so they don't rush up and sweep it.

tl;dr: you don't understand the sweeper/mine mechanics even though i explained them in the post you quoted. either english is not your first language (in which case tell me so i can be clearer) or you didn't completely read my post.
30 Jan 2016, 02:17 AM

Nuclear, I think the whole point of this thread is to change the mechanics you just posted. Whether it's simple or not wasn't the point.
30 Jan 2016, 02:22 AM
Patrion 28

Nuclear, I think the whole point of this thread is to change the mechanics you just posted. Whether it's simple or not wasn't the point.

one, i skimmed the entire thread prior to my first post and no one addressed whether it was possible and/or feasible and two, i'm very sure it's not feasible and probably not possible.

unfortunately that tanks the thread as far as i'm concerned which kind of sucks because while i don't agree with the proposed idea it is kind of silly that a 30mun sweeper pretty much invalidates all mine/demo play without indirect fire. on the other hand it's not something i'm really worried about either.
30 Jan 2016, 02:30 AM
Donator 11

1 Cons dont have nades.

2 He had pushed my mortar off with 3 isgs.

3 If you had read the post I was trying to attack ground with my 85s but they were all missing.

I wanted nothing more than to kill off his entire squad in one massive explosion but the 85s kept missing the mines. Which is strange considering they normally have no problem hitting the ground. If only there had been a tank behind them. The ground never would have stood a chance then.

Yeah but how exactly were you going to stop 9 squads with 2 maxims and tank destroyer? Even with mines it is way less than you should have. If your mortars and other supporting squads got killed you should have just fall back a bit, you cant hold map just by mining it.
30 Jan 2016, 05:39 AM

Yeah but how exactly were you going to stop 9 squads with 2 maxims and tank destroyer? Even with mines it is way less than you should have. If your mortars and other supporting squads got killed you should have just fall back a bit, you cant hold map just by mining it.

also had cons on the field and the mines would have thinned out their ranks enough to either force a retreat or buy me time to respond.

Armchair general all you want but it doesn't change the fact that minesweeper radius is way too large.
30 Jan 2016, 05:44 AM

tl;dr: you don't understand the sweeper/mine mechanics even though i explained them in the post you quoted. either english is not your first language (in which case tell me so i can be clearer) or you didn't completely read my post.

Last time I'm replying to you so try to get it through your head.

I

UNDERSTAND

HOW

MINESWEEPERS

WORK

It's you who is not reading or comprehending what I am saying.

Minesweeper detection range should be halved at the very least, or not give protection to those around them. Yes demo would have been best and I had not thought to put a demo in the center because I did not think that 9 fucking squads would have the ability to just stand on top of the field no fucks given.

Clear enough for you?

30 Jan 2016, 18:07 PM
Patrion 28

Last time I'm replying to you so try to get it through your head.

I

UNDERSTAND

HOW

MINESWEEPERS

WORK

It's you who is not reading or comprehending what I am saying.

Minesweeper detection range should be halved at the very least, or not give protection to those around them. Yes demo would have been best and I had not thought to put a demo in the center because I did not think that 9 fucking squads would have the ability to just stand on top of the field no fucks given.

Clear enough for you?

it's clear but you STILL don't get how sweepers work.

mines are a boolean. mine is either undetected/armed or detected/disarmed. you cannot detect a mine but leave it armed; therefore you cannot detect a mine but "not give protection to those around them."

the detection is what "disables" the mine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★