Login

russian armor

There is no point playing Ostheer 1v1 anymore

PAGES (9)down
8 Jul 2013, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2013, 22:22 PMhubewa

This will kinda solve clown cars, which are too cost effective.

Sadly, it won't solve maxim spam, which leads to even drier games than clown car spam.

It's actually the thing that makes me not want to play COH2 multiplayer.

Longer setup time for maxims is needed badly, I guess. I mean, you should at least have to micro them accordingly.

Also, I still don't like the 6 men crews.
9 Jul 2013, 18:36 PM

Maxim squad health should be half of the current value(or make it a 3 man squad), reinforce cost should be somewhere on the lines of 25 instead of 15.

Also mgs shouldnt be able to fire while pinned.

I dont mind the gun itself being powerful, but its intended to be a support weapon, not a shock frontline unit.
10 Jul 2013, 15:41 PM

All you need to know about the current balance of the game was summed up rather nicely by Aimstrong in his interview after beating Sepha for the COH2 championship:

Aimstrong: While watching the games I could see that the game seemed very close. While playing it, I never felt I was completely on the back foot. When you play the same opponent for so many matches, you realize some of his habits. Sepha made a very good attempt to handle my Soviets in G5.

I think the turning point was his attempt to checkmate me by driving the flamer half-track inside my base. With the way AT nades work, it was a very risky move but with high rewards. It was doomed to fail since I had called in a second Guards squad to replace a lost Conscript squad. I never felt the half-track stood a change against 2 Guards and AT nades.

Although I was off the field, my unit composition was intact. With the Soviet snipers, this means that I could take the map back with relative ease. All his teching options would eventually be countered by my SU-85, so it was only a question of time. Thus I don't feel it was possible for him to use his map control advantage that much.

The last part in bold is especially telling. EVENTHOUGH he had been pushed off the field (something that in the original COH meant certain death) he felt CONFIDENT that he could with 'relative ease' take the map back. Why? Because all of the tech advantage that ostheer could get from owning the ENTIRE map--even in the capable hands of Sepha--could be simply wiped out with one unit and one unit only... the SU-85.
10 Jul 2013, 18:44 PM

Aimstrong was pushed off the field, but still retained his entire army and resources (~200 fuel).

As mentioned in the cast, Sepha threw away his FHT as well. If that unit had lived, Aimstrong's entirely infantry-based army would have had to proceed far more cautiously. He lost the initiative with that vehicle loss.

Edit,

Also a faster Ostheer T3 would have applied further pressure on Aimstrong. If you actually had a less negative outlook on the game, you would know that a heavy-pIV style mid-game is very strong, even against this so called "uber" unit (especially with a commander that offers defensive smoke), and would have further capitalised on his "owning the entire map". Sepha neglected to capitalise on a potential tech-advantage, and that was a big part of why he lost.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS