Login

russian armor

There is no point playing Ostheer 1v1 anymore

PAGES (9)down
3 Jul 2013, 11:26 AM

Permanently Banned
The disparity is pronounced enough for me.

That smoke dischargers and Blitzkrieg allow armor to take out SU85s is "balanced", not any basis for claiming that the existing imbalances are somehow remedied by this single factor.
3 Jul 2013, 12:43 PM

I don't think anyone has played enough games to really comment on balance in a thorough manner. You don't see guys like Stephenn and Inverse whinning all the time about balance, and i bet they've played many more games than any of the people in here. the game isn't balanced, but thats standard for the release of an rts, it'll get fixed, until then, work on not losing squads, positioning your units better, refining your build and timings, etc. Oh and hey, everybody can play soviets, so try them out too!!!
3 Jul 2013, 12:47 PM

I don't think anyone has played enough games to really comment on balance in a thorough manner. You don't see guys like Stephenn and Inverse whinning all the time about balance, and i bet they've played many more games than any of the people in here. the game isn't balanced, but thats standard for the release of an rts, it'll get fixed, until then, work on not losing squads, positioning your units better, refining your build and timings, etc. Oh and hey, everybody can play soviets, so try them out too!!!

Actually, I saw it.
They just have much higher EQ not "raging" around
3 Jul 2013, 13:11 PM

Actually, I saw it.
They just have much higher EQ not raging around

Guy i just saw your replay "spamtest2"

I understand the pure idea witch spam but no offence u r pretty bad.

1st of all what is the sense of spaming pioniers since they r worst unit ever
2nd if u swap to 221 - save ammo for upg becouse u lost ammo to upg ur pioniers and if this soviet guy would have a bit of iq and skill he would accutally end that game early since u were late with ur upg and u could again spam "op soviet car" . Anyway u lost 2 sqads of pionniers early from 1 nade : |
3rd again i understand point of spam ur cars but fml what for ? if they can be countered by that doctrine unit ? pioniers/221 combo ? : ) both countered by 1 fck unit xD
4th and what is the funniest this soviet guy who plaayed terrible/he didnt do nothing,whole game like 3 pionniers 2/3 cons : \ at the end of game made t70 and crushed half of your r army : ] 1 PG died chasing,1 died freezing, it was like 1st engage or even hes 1st unit move rotfl.Tnx god he didnt make 2 x t70 becouse then for sure it would be opines ; )

Rly no offence but if this is your ideas to pratice or checking if it can work u r on wrooooong way.

AVE
3 Jul 2013, 13:14 PM

Guy i just saw your replay "spamtest2"

I understand the pure idea witch spam but no offence u r pretty bad.

1st of all what is the sense of spaming pioniers since they r worst unit ever
2nd if u swap to 221 - save ammo for upg becouse u lost ammo to upg ur pioniers and if this soviet guy would have a bit of iq and skill he would accutally end that game early since u were late with ur upg and u could again spam "op soviet car" . Anyway u lost 2 sqads of pionniers early from 1 nade : |
3rd again i understand point of spam ur cars but fml what for ? if they can be countered by that doctrine unit ? pioniers/221 combo ? : ) both countered by 1 fck unit xD
4th and what is the funniest this soviet guy who plaayed terrible/he didnt do nothing,whole game like 3 pionniers 2/3 cons : \ at the end of game made t70 and crushed half of your r army : ] it was like 1st engage or even hes 1st unit move rotfl.Tnx god he didnt make 2 x t70 becouse then for sure it would be opines ; )

Rly no offence but if this is your ideas to pratice or checking if it can work u r on wrooooong way.

AVE

What's the point of bitching my replay of testing random new strategy?
3 Jul 2013, 14:10 PM
Coder Red Badge

I'm actually having a lot of success as Ostheer. Unless you're playing against Sepha's or Aimstrong's Scout Car spams, it's actually not too bad, and even then it really just depends on the map.
3 Jul 2013, 14:12 PM

find a decent pal to start play 2v2 as ostheer, WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN, Rhzev Summer map, you may lose at the north spawn
3 Jul 2013, 14:21 PM

GG WP!1!
nice insults by you btw
3 Jul 2013, 14:45 PM

Look at this rotten crybaby.
3 Jul 2013, 14:55 PM
Patrion 14

I may be negative in my posts but I don't rage like this as it really does get you nowhere and just Irk's people.

Doesn't irk me. At all. This dude's rage is awesome.

Despite my love of all things CoH I am not interested in 1 v 1 at the moment. You have to understand that the game needs balancing for mere mortals, not just elite players. VonIvan is a good player, but far from the best. He knows how to exploit tactics, and he wins *fifty* games in a row spamming 'scripts and 70s? FFS.

I've also heard this idea that as Ost you need to penetrate, consolidate and advance. Been trying that, but this is CoH. No map control = no progress. Why are conscripts called conscripts when they are multi-role, adaptable and perfectly viable light infantry?

3 Jul 2013, 15:25 PM

If you're having that much difficulty with german army, play as soviets for a while then go back to german. Don't just settle on 1 army over and over. It helps with your 'in the moment' perspective. Rage on.
3 Jul 2013, 15:39 PM

It is true that you can simply switch armies, but thats like turning a blind eye to the problem so you can "win".

The balance is not insanely off, but there are some very clear footprints on the soviet side.

Yes, the germans needs some nerfs: the PIV became strong (especially in pairs), Opel trucks and Strafing run. But the list is shorter.

Soviets are intuitive to play. Inverse said it in one of his streams: As soviets, it is how you use your units(versatile). As germans, it is very important to know what units to get to deal with a certain specific situation. If that holds true, then it explains one of the reasons why soviets are easier to "abuse" or "exploit".

I was going to say Relic should be patching more often, but then again, if they keep changing the game every week, it will be very hard for us to adapt new strategies. I get the frustration: I've screamed at my monitor too (lol), but this reminds of how PE vs Americans used to be like.

Then Aimstrong pulled the Bulletproof strategy. PE QQ.
raw
3 Jul 2013, 15:54 PM

I've also heard this idea that as Ost you need to penetrate, consolidate and advance. Been trying that, but this is CoH. No map control = no progress.

Yup, that's the problem right there.
3 Jul 2013, 15:56 PM

While I do believe some players just need practice as the ostheer, the sovs seem the most versatile army. I definitely dont believe late game ostheer is better, thats ludicrous. With the Zis su85s and that mortar all the sovs need to do is dig in... then gg... I also blame poor map design as well, seems most 1v1 maps besides kholodny favor soviets.

On another note, the game just doesnt have the same excitement as vcoh. There are rarely any players in automatch, the games take a while to find a player, and the forums are basically inhabited by same guys. This is a NEW GAME, it should be flooded with new players asking nub questions...sometimes I even tell myself I dont feel like playing.. what!!!! That shouldnt happen!! I played for hours and hourz a day in vcoh in college!!! Parties?? Blah!!!! Fire up coh! Lol. But now.... I wonder how long it will be to find a game . Or how frustrTing this game will be as ostheer... after one or two gamss I just go off and do smething else... the dlc wont save this game, in fact it seems it has only hurt it.. I dunno... im just so dissapointed... I was really going to turn up my level of game dedication with coh2 because I wanted to compets. In vcoh I was top50 wehr and was proud soooo of it. I bragged to my boys who proceeded to berate me mercilously lol. But when coh2 csme out I figured I would try hard to be a competitor, howevr the games design is preventing me from that... looks like it wont last long... but oh well. Maybe back to vcoh.
3 Jul 2013, 15:59 PM

If you're having that much difficulty with german army, play as soviets for a while then go back to german. Don't just settle on 1 army over and over. It helps with your 'in the moment' perspective. Rage on.

I do, but Soviet is too easy to win that I don't enjoy it
raw
3 Jul 2013, 16:01 PM

While I do believe some players just need practice as the ostheer, the sovs seem the most versatile army. I definitely dont believe late game ostheer is better, thats ludicrous. With the Zis su85s and that mortar all the sovs need to do is dig in... then gg... I also blame poor map design as well, seems most 1v1 maps besides kholodny favor soviets.

On another note, the game just doesnt have the same excitement as vcoh. There are rarely any players in automatch, the games take a while to find a player, and the forums are basically inhabited by same guys. This is a NEW GAME, it should be flooded with new players asking nub questions...sometimes I even tell myself I dont feel like playing.. what!!!! That shouldnt happen!! I played for hours and hourz a day in vcoh in college!!! Parties?? Blah!!!! Fire up coh! Lol. But now.... I wonder how long it will be to find a game .

I have no trouble finding a game and I don't think the numbers in the automatcher actually reflect total numbers. The lack of newbs is because of relic's genius business model.
3 Jul 2013, 16:07 PM

You playing same game as me? It take me 5+ mins to find a game sometimes... yes the release as a whole, not just the game itself, is hurting its success. But it all adds up, poor business, poor balance, etc..
3 Jul 2013, 16:08 PM

Stop crying lamer!
3 Jul 2013, 16:10 PM

Stop crying lamer!

Maybe some constructive criticism instead of name calling because someone is finding the game difficult.

I myself am a noob and only played the campaign on the first.

I just seem to not be able to get the hang of the germans atm and havnt met anyone willing to team up and help me.

Such a shame
3 Jul 2013, 16:12 PM

Sniper in Truck is the biggest shit ever made in any game so far... 4 man squad with Panzerfaust range of 2-3 meters vs sniper in a truck, who was the fucking genius in Relic or Sega that made this ?! Atleast in vCoH u could counter bren with infantry in it, there is no fucking way in early game to counter that.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS