Login

russian armor

Early game Brits

23 Jan 2016, 12:05 PM

OK, so right now, i feel that if an axis player just vomits infantry in the first few minutes versus the brits, the brits don't have a counter. it should be the vickers but that doesnt suppress at all, and CQB infantry like stpios destroy sections with very basic micro. Bren carrier is not usually an option because of Ostheer fausts everywhere and the fact that 3 infantry squads can kill an unupgraded one without any trouble. someone explain to me what im doing wrong
23 Jan 2016, 12:07 PM

23 Jan 2016, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 12:07 PMl4hti
Send replays

Great response bud, really providing insight into his question.

I would say that as Brits you need to hug cover. There is no other option until you get some sort of small arms resistant armor on the field. Aggressive British play in the early game does not work 80% of the time. Sniper works wonders in helping you win the infantry war, especially if he's backed up by your sections and vickers. I find that the sniper really is the key to winning early-ish engagements.

I personally would not go for a Bren carrier unless you have good micro skills and know when to engage and when to back off.
23 Jan 2016, 12:15 PM

Great response bud, really providing insight into his question.

I would say that as Brits you need to hug cover. There is no other option until you get some sort of small arms resistant armor on the field. Aggressive British play in the early game does not work 80% of the time. Sniper works wonders in helping you win the infantry war, especially if he's backed up by your sections and vickers. I find that the sniper really is the key to winning early-ish engagements.

I personally would not go for a Bren carrier unless you have good micro skills and know when to engage and when to back off.

Id say Brits are super conservative Ostheer, hug to cover and dont overextend, turtle forward with Vickers and secure ground with sandbag tommies. Gain mobility and flexibility with AEC
23 Jan 2016, 12:17 PM

There good ideas but the sniper is such an expensive early game unit..., and i have to tier up which usually ends up being a bit late
23 Jan 2016, 12:22 PM

There good ideas but the sniper is such an expensive early game unit..., and i have to tier up which usually ends up being a bit late
23 Jan 2016, 12:27 PM

Rush your first IS to a building near the Axis cut off point. Then wait there until your AEC arrives. gg.

No, honestly, that's what annoys me (Axis only player) the most currently vs the Brits. As Ost player there is no counter against that.
23 Jan 2016, 12:30 PM

fausts....... alll the fausts, then your pak. or pzgrens
23 Jan 2016, 12:34 PM

If axis' infantry catch you out of cover you probably lose engagement

So hug covers and builings all the time.
23 Jan 2016, 13:58 PM

But with the conservative strategies brits dont get any fuel, which means no tanks and tier up..., whilst out comes luchs,puma,222, pz grens and allll the volks shrecks
23 Jan 2016, 14:42 PM

One things is being a defensive scrub and other is being conservative going always for cober and microing your units, people always misses that point
23 Jan 2016, 15:25 PM

One things is being a defensive scrub and other is being conservative going always for cober and microing your units, people always misses that point
thanks for the advice, but i find it difficult to micro production and infantry at once, vehicles im fine with, except when they decide they are going to advance backwards
23 Jan 2016, 15:59 PM

thanks for the advice, but i find it difficult to micro production and infantry at once, vehicles im fine with, except when they decide they are going to advance backwards

As i always say, nobody said it would be easy, not trying to annoy, but there is no other way comrade than practice until you can do it
23 Jan 2016, 17:38 PM

If axis' infantry catch you out of cover you probably lose engagement

So hug covers and builings all the time.

This

When infantry sections (IS) are in green cover their damage per second (DPS) is equivalent to always shooting the enemy at point blank range even if they are far away. The opposite is also true. If they aren't in any cover, its like they are always firing at the enemy from max range. Even if they are standing next to them.

Use cover or lose. As already mentioned, Brits in buildings are death. Especially early game. Use your first IS aggressively and see how easy map control becomes.
23 Jan 2016, 17:55 PM

This

When infantry sections (IS) are in green cover their damage per second (DPS) is equivalent to always shooting the enemy at point blank range even if they are far away. The opposite is also true. If they aren't in any cover, its like they are always firing at the enemy from max range. Even if they are standing next to them.

Use cover or lose. As already mentioned, Brits in buildings are death. Especially early game. Use your first IS aggressively and see how easy map control becomes.

as a small counterpoint, you can't be all over the map with UKF in the early game like USF or OKW. you need to keep your guys in cover, fight defense in depth, and support your IS with MG or sniper. once you get mid game armor out you can start being a bit more aggressive.

if you treat IS like USF rifles you're going to lose every time.
23 Jan 2016, 22:56 PM

IS in cover Long range= Vet 3 Riflemen Mid Range.
Period.
23 Jan 2016, 23:18 PM

as a small counterpoint, you can't be all over the map with UKF in the early game like USF or OKW. you need to keep your guys in cover, fight defense in depth, and support your IS with MG or sniper. once you get mid game armor out you can start being a bit more aggressive.

if you treat IS like USF rifles you're going to lose every time.
you can still Garrison aggressively. Vickers in a house are deadly
23 Jan 2016, 23:38 PM

I'm finding that refusing to be bullied out of strategic garrisons helps. Get two Vickers into a key house and they seem to have to resort to IDF to remove them.

1 isn't enough as it kills but doesn't suppress so they can waltz up and grenade / flame the building.

To micro production you don't need to return the camera to your tier buildings, just press F1, F2 etc and build stuff with the hotkeys. Using the rally point as your key building can help too, as soon as they are produced they rush there and are either safely in cover or you can rotate damaged forces, retreat them backcap etc. Watch out for the building being destroyed though!

You'll tend to find that your fuel point or cutoff is a key target so get one of your IS to build a trench whilst it is capturing them initially that covers them, once you've bought some Brens for your IS you can use them offensively so stick your remaining Vickers in the trenches to secure your resources.

Bear in mind that he won't have many more units than you do so sending three infantry units to your one means he can't be everywhere at once. Either fight for the point he is trying to take ( I think the Brits have cheaper reinforcements so equal damage means you've come out ahead) or go around and cap / take a lonelier part of the map. On a lot of maps though giving up the centre church / key building isn't a good idea without a fight.
23 Jan 2016, 23:51 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS