Login

russian armor

Commander Idea - Defensive Support Company (USF)

22 Jan 2016, 01:02 AM

Now, dont really take this too seriously. I'm not desperately pushing for this in the game, more just throwing ideas into the wind and seeing who throws back.
But, onto the main event.
Defensive Support Company: A Commander built around high defensive utility, mainly inspired by the more defensive fighting that occured in the Ardennes. Abilities designed around allowing the USF to hold territory they gain, and around units with high defensive might.

0CP - Rifle Field Defenses.
0CP(Or a fixed CP amount, whatever works) - M5 3 inch AT Gun: A more traditional AT Gun, with power comparable to the Pak 40, for a similar cost. Buildable from T1 with either Lieutenant or Captain unlocked.
4CP - Dig In! An ability for 70-100ish munitions that basically makes infantry harder to hit and more accurate in friendly territory.(Like the Dog Company ability from AA)
9CP - Covering Artillery: An artillery ability mainly based around breaking up incoming assaults. Essentially sets an overwatch area and bombards whatever enters it with 105mm artillery. To hit the units they need to be in sight, however.
11CP(ish) - M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo: Churchill styled meat shield of a tank, armed with a 75mm cannon and with a 50 cal pintle mount upgrade.

Your thoughts on this would be nice!
Oh, and if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.
22 Jan 2016, 01:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd rename the Covering Artillery ability to Standing Barrage.
22 Jan 2016, 01:50 AM

Seems slightly underwhelming, a slightly better AT gun, a lacklustre ability that will probably never be used(like valiant assault and combined arms), but a Overwatch artillery ability and the jumbo. Alas, the balance will be thrown again into a skewed position once again.
22 Jan 2016, 01:58 AM

What I see u asking good AT gun and Vehicle that can withstand some beating.
22 Jan 2016, 02:03 AM

What I see u asking good AT gun and Vehicle that can withstand some beating.

THIS

NICHE!!! ALLIE GET NO GOOD AT GUNS AND NO GOOD TANK

HEIL RELIC

Kappa
HEIL GERMANY
22 Jan 2016, 02:51 AM

I think swapping the AT gun for some kind of RE upgrade that greatly increases their utility would be more fitting. What if REs could build advanced structures, reinforced fighting pits, better wire, and mines?

Then Rifle field defenses could be replaced with something that gives the commanders early game some use other than defense: a HTD ability for Rifles would be neat. But then the muni based ability would be wasted.

I think that would be turned into a similar ability that lets riflemen capture territories faster and attack faster, a counter attack ability.

I love the covering arty idea, and the USF did this ALOT during the Bulge, it's what helped them contain the heavy panzer divisions deployed in the northern combat area; at what point the Americans had 700 concentrated guns disrupting armored attacks.

Lastly, the Jumbo-I love it. If Relic doesn't want a new model, EZ8 or Bulldozer would work too.
22 Jan 2016, 03:03 AM

And airburst proximity shells.. Normally they were confined to the Pacific in case the Axis could reverse engineer them and use them against the bomber fleets.
22 Jan 2016, 16:07 PM

Alright. Thanks for the feedback all! I've taken a few ideas into account, and as such have produced a revised version:
Defensive Supprt Company(Revision 1)
0CP - Advanced Fortifications: Rear Echelon squads can build Reinforced Fighting Positions(like a normal fighting position with higher armour and/or health, and higher cost), and lay Anti-Infantry and Anti-Tank Minefields.
1 or 2CP - Defensive Positions: The old M1919 ability, but without the suppression and can only be de-activated out of combat.
3CP - Counter Attack: All infantry can decap faster and gain increased accuracy/ROF
9CP - Standing Barrage: The same as the Covering Artillery from the OP, just renamed.
11CP - Still the Sherman Jumbo.

Thanks to Vuther for the admittedly far better name for Covering Artillery, and BeefSurge for the ability suggestions on this one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★