Login

russian armor

OKW Base Defence/Flak Truck in relation to Air units

25 Jan 2016, 04:46 AM
Patrion 14

schwere is too good at taking down planes. in 3v3+ with 2 okw, forget about any loiter abilities.
25 Jan 2016, 04:57 AM

How is it counterable without usually non existent artillery?

Tried with Piats ( which seem to have the longest self sighting range of 45m) with attack ground just in front of the schwerer. Result was Schwerer wiped the squad. Hence it must have a range of 50m?

That leaves AT which can fire 60m but can't spot, so you are left having to build a sniper to hold fire and spot for them? In a high traffic zone with infantry clustered around it? Good luck little Scottish dude...

Medium tanks... Send three Cromwells in, it destroys 2 without guaranteeing killing it. 330 fuel plus 1000+ manpower to have a chance at killing a free unit with no popcap or tax?

It even rocks the croc.

If someone knows a good way then please enlighten me. You can't exactly guarantee having a vet1 mortar pit within range of its rather low ranged smoke at that stage of the game.. Sniper base arty plus Anvil might help, though I'm thinking you'll be saying bye bye to him without killing it. Dedicating said mortar pit to bombarding it for 5 minutes means you are missing out on infantry kills, and it still doesn't seem to go down.

Kingtigers are easy meat in comparison, much less HP and you can beat the turret turn. No chance of doing the same with a Schwerer.
25 Jan 2016, 06:09 AM

I always just max range attack ground with AT guns. It's not simple, however, because the OKW player will usually commit all resources to defending his T4. That, plus the fact that his ISGs will be shooting the AT guns and decrewing them.

But I agree, the fact that it's free AA is incredibly stupid. I also think it's a little too strong against ground units. It shouldn't be able to penetrate medium tanks EVER (or 1-5% max)
25 Jan 2016, 06:42 AM

Trouble with trying AT is that the chances of finding infantry around a forward retreat point come to close to those of bears defecating in woods, popes adhering to Catholicism and politicians discovery the little known skill of lying.

AT so close to massed infantry means you have to protect them, which means MGs, IS etc massed close to a FRP and a prepared defence. Which will generally mean your retreat path is an awful lot longer than his.. Which isn't the best news that slow and vulnerable 6 pounders are likely to receive this year.

I'm a little confused as to what unit this Schwerer actually represents too. It certainly doesn't look like a 30 inch railway gun, fires too fast to be heavy calibre AAA which only really leaves the Flak41 - though I think they only ever made a couple of dozen because they were crap - massively inferior to the Bofors despite the larger calibre. The German Navy had a few Bofors, but none for the Wehr except maybe captured examples.

And why does a truck have 50% more health than a Kingtiger? And why is orange jam called marmalade? And why... *drones off into further rant*
25 Jan 2016, 09:29 AM

Just a suggestion. Why not jusf give it an ability to switch between AA and ground forces?

For example, if I want it to target aircraft as well I have to switch to AA mode. This reduces the range it can fire at ground forces.

If it is targeting ground forces only, the range is increased.

I'd argue that the AA abilities are completely unnecessary and kinda break the part of the game where you actually have to think about actively spending mp/fuel to get proper AA like every other faction has to, not because I want Obers, Jp4s, Pz 4s or Panthers.

And if we were to follow your suggestions, I rather it be a tech than a toggleable mode.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★