Login

russian armor

Relic -Introducing new vehicles

Would you like to see more vehicles being added in the game?
Option Distribution Votes
59%
35%
6%
Total votes: 51
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Jan 2016, 10:56 AM

Banned
Hey,

I think we can all agree that we're always super excited when we know a new vehicle is coming, like the Pershing, Calliope, Hetzer, ... .
New units in the game are always a refreshment and it's fun to not always play with the same ones.

The problem with new vehicles is that they often over-perform if they are launched. But imagine Relic adding more vehicles in the game via commander (of course guys, they have to make money) and the new units being moderate. Imagine a Panzerjäger being added in a new doctrine, which would just be an AT gun on wheels (not as good as the pak though). I mean, who wouldn't like to see that? So nothing really special, just new units.

I think it's good for Relic and the majority of us.

Let's see what you guys think.

Cheers;
Night.
21 Jan 2016, 19:54 PM

Why is everyone so keen on new units. The game is like 2 1/2 years old and the balance is already awry as it is. Calliope meta, Pershing meta, ost sniper meta, Volks shreck meta, maxim meta, UKF turtle meta. More units simply create a game drawing in comparison to Supreme commander, a large pool and variety of units and upgrades, but a rather linear approach to combat and teching, resulting in a derpy, unbalanced, non-competitive, all out slug fest. Let's just hope they can create an equilibrium with Coh 3(whenever that may be).:snfQuinn:
21 Jan 2016, 19:57 PM

Banned
Why is everyone so keen on new units. The game is like 2 1/2 years old and the balance is already awry as it is. Calliope meta, Pershing meta, ost sniper meta, Volks shreck meta, maxim meta, UKF turtle meta. More units simply create a game drawing in comparison to Supreme commander, a large pool and variety of units and upgrades, but a rather linear approach to combat and teching, resulting in a derpy, unbalanced, non-competitive, all out slug fest. Let's just hope they can create an equilibrium with Coh 3(whenever that may be).:snfQuinn:

That's why I proposed moderate vehicles :) Absolutely not gamebreaking. Just new content.
21 Jan 2016, 20:02 PM

The more OpieOP commaders and vehicles we´ll have , the more diverse meta will be.

Just saying
21 Jan 2016, 20:05 PM

The more OpieOP commaders and vehicles we´ll have , the more diverse meta will be.

Just saying

Does this not encourage P2win and make it more difficult for Relic to balance? Cmon, the game is already skewered for the UKF, new AEC meta btw :romeoPls:

Think, the most used commanders for USF are now tactical and heavy cav. Wonder why? They provide very strong units and abilities why covering all the USF weaknesses, where can I find the same qualities in mechanized, or airborne? Opposite for OKW rather, Feursturm and Overwatch are underused, simply because they offer mediocre units and the hype died really quickly.
21 Jan 2016, 20:10 PM

Does this not encourage P2win and make it more difficult for Relic to balance? Cmon, the game is already skewered for the UKF, new AEC meta btw :romeoPls:

Think, the most used commanders for USF are now tactical and heavy cav. Wonder why? They provide very strong units and abilities why covering all the USF weaknesses, where can I find the same qualities in mechanized, or airborne? Opposite for OKW rather, Feursturm and Overwatch are underused, simply because they offer mediocre units and the hype died really quickly.

21 Jan 2016, 20:23 PM

Permanently Banned
I just wish half of the games commanders and units became viable.
21 Jan 2016, 20:35 PM

More units are tricky to balance. For example, ever see anyone use the Soviet light AT gun? It's role is awkward so it doesn't get used too often. Likewise, you got units like the IS-2 that completely overshadow the regular units.

People complaining that there's a new meta are silly. It's what makes the game exciting. Oh no people are making heavy usage of the calliope or whatever. That doesn't mean it's optimal, doesn't mean it's the best strat, they're just using a new unit lots and building their deck around it. .
21 Jan 2016, 20:35 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Dont add new units you nut jobs, get the game balanced first jesus H
21 Jan 2016, 21:00 PM

New units are tricky to balance, and cost lots of resources to build, making them not worth it half the time.
21 Jan 2016, 21:11 PM

Banned
Funny how some of you guys go crazy. I said - moderate -.
Not OP, just a new vehicle to play. Doesn't even have to do tons of damage.

Just new lol.
21 Jan 2016, 21:39 PM

commissar

not one step back commander plz
21 Jan 2016, 21:46 PM
Benefactor 115

there are a bunch of very weak, some almost redundant units in all of the factions. They should be addressed first before loading in more DLC
21 Jan 2016, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 21:11 PMNight
Funny how some of you guys go crazy. I said - moderate -.
Not OP, just a new vehicle to play. Doesn't even have to do tons of damage.

Just new lol.

I mean that's exactly what the greyhound is and look at how many people ignore that exists.
22 Jan 2016, 01:43 AM

I mean that's exactly what the greyhound is and look at how many people ignore that exists.

How about because it's locked away behind a shitty doctrine?
22 Jan 2016, 01:55 AM

I rather they adjust current vehicle's and do some re design on the commanders. Perfect example grey hound, comes to late, it's too weak to everything, cost too much and really it's just redundant to Stuart despite its the same gun as Stuart.
22 Jan 2016, 09:05 AM
Patrion 28

i would like for light vehicles to be usable for longer periods of time but i don't want new fuel sinks added as that doesn't add a whole lot to the game. if units are going to be added i'd like for it to be interesting infantry squads (read: infantry with unique abilities, not obers/shocks/pgrens/etc). one thing this game really lacks is infantry diversity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★