Login

russian armor

Custom Commander?

2 Jul 2013, 13:08 PM

Do you guys think there will ever be an option for your own custom commander? That would be so badass!!
2 Jul 2013, 16:43 PM

pay
2 Jul 2013, 16:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge

If you could customize your commander there would be no reason to buy the "new" commanders which are just various mixes of abilities from the other commanders. So I doubt they will do this.
2 Jul 2013, 20:10 PM

Or they make a Premium account... You pay 10$ per month, and during that you can use a custom commander. Also you get Gamelobbys and Ladderbords... (and all the other things) for only 10$ per month.
2 Jul 2013, 20:45 PM

If you could customize your commander there would be no reason to buy the "new" commanders which are just various mixes of abilities from the other commanders. So I doubt they will do this.

Not if they get creative. DLC commanders could break the rules of customizability, on the condition that the abilities used are carefully chosen.(edit: or even get special abilities not available to predefined ones, payed or not)

If I were Relic, to allow customization of commanders I'd give the player 5 slots, with three options each: a weak but fast options, a balanced option, and a strong but expensive option.

Depending on what option you choose in the first tier, new option may or may not open for the second tier. Some option may repeat, but by doing this, you control how powerful certain combinations are. If you deem a combination too powerful, simply add an extra CP to the next tier's ability cost (so if you mix G43's and Recon run, then recon run becomes a 4CP ability, to balance).

In this way, you can make very strong early game commanders, very strong middle game commanders, or very slow, very powerful steamrolling commanders.

The only real limitation I see right now, is that there's not enough abilities in the game to make a really diverse tree, so even if they had custom commanders, the combinations aren't many.

2 Jul 2013, 20:58 PM

This could be great, but i think relic wants big moneys :D
2 Jul 2013, 21:06 PM

This could be great, but i think relic wants big moneys :D

You can make money out of just about everything. Its dependent on how creative you want to get, and how much work you want to put into it.

Relic's big opportunity for DLc's is in unit customizability (skins, models), custom campaigns (TONS would pay $10 for an Ostheer mini campaign) and Theater of War scenarios (limitless possibilities here).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 88
Philippines 1
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak