Login

russian armor

Aim and wind down/up?

20 Jan 2016, 22:52 PM

Hi, I was wondering. Since wind_down and wind_up can override a weapon's cooldown state (if the numbers are higher), can any of the numbers in the Aim_ext do the same?
21 Jan 2016, 04:12 AM

I didn't know it could override cooldown. Can you elaborate on how that works?
21 Jan 2016, 08:12 AM

I didn't know it could override cooldown. Can you elaborate on how that works?

Well actually it's an assumption from testing my mod a few times, but here's how I got to it.

So I have this version of the Greyhound that has a few rounds in its gun instead of just one. I adjusted its cooldown to give it a not so rapid firing rate and readjusted it from time to time. However, I noticed that each adjustment I made wasn't being applied in-game even though the mod was built. So I tried messing with wind_down, noticed that the Greyhound's weapon has a wind_down greater than the shorter cooldown, set the wind_down to 0, and all of a sudden the Greyhound fired at a much faster rate as intended (which I set as 0.5 seconds cooldown rate between shots, versus 0.75 wind_down).

Annnnd that's how I got the conclusion. But I'm not sure entirely why this was so.
21 Jan 2016, 18:25 PM

Interesting, so the delay between shots/bursts isn't the addition of wind_up + shot/burst duration + wind_down + cooldown, but instead wind_up + shot/burst duration + cooldown, but cooldown can never be less than wind_down.

One way to prove this for sure is to set the wind_down to 5 and the cooldown to 4. If wind_down really is the minimum possible cooldown, the weapon will wait 5 seconds. If it's wind_down + cooldown, it will be 9 seconds. 5 or 9 seconds should be pretty easy to spot.
21 Jan 2016, 23:59 PM

Interesting, so the delay between shots/bursts isn't the addition of wind_up + shot/burst duration + wind_down + cooldown, but instead wind_up + shot/burst duration + cooldown, but cooldown can never be less than wind_down.

One way to prove this for sure is to set the wind_down to 5 and the cooldown to 4. If wind_down really is the minimum possible cooldown, the weapon will wait 5 seconds. If it's wind_down + cooldown, it will be 9 seconds. 5 or 9 seconds should be pretty easy to spot.

Huh, when you put it that way, it makes much more sense. Wind_down calculates after firing and wind_up calculates before firing, adding to each other.

Which also proves right. I set the wind_down to 5 and cooldown to 4 and tested it in-game. The greyhound now fires at a rate of 1 round per 9 seconds.

Well, sorry for the derp post. I should've read the _ext descriptions more clearly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★