Login

russian armor

Supply drops

20 Jan 2016, 10:57 AM

Why the hell do I have to pay 100 MUNITIONS for a plane that gets shot down 100% of the time if there's 2 OKW bases for a measly 30 fuel

While my german opponent can trade 200 manpower for SIXTY (60!) Fuel? Which I can't shoot down because soviets have NO AA whatsoever.

This has been going on since forever and relic just completely ignores it. Seriously, do they even pay attention to the soviets anymore? Or maybe they don't give a damn since Brits and OKW are their cash cow.

20 Jan 2016, 11:02 AM

Balance is a lie.
Balance is a lie.
Balance is a lie.
Balance is a lie.
Balance is a lie.
Balance is a lie.
Balance is a lie.

20 Jan 2016, 11:29 AM

read the guide on supply drops. Allied supplied drop can in many cases also not be shot down...
20 Jan 2016, 11:44 AM

Why the hell do I have to pay 100 MUNITIONS for a plane that gets shot down 100% of the time if there's 2 OKW bases for a measly 30 fuel

While my german opponent can trade 200 manpower for SIXTY (60!) Fuel? Which I can't shoot down because soviets have NO AA whatsoever.

This has been going on since forever and relic just completely ignores it. Seriously, do they even pay attention to the soviets anymore? Or maybe they don't give a damn since Brits and OKW are their cash cow.

You can steal Ostheer Fuel drop cause they have to drop in a fuel sector, you can't steal SU supply drop if you use it on your base.

What modes are you talking to ? 3v3+ ? you should start to play real modes
20 Jan 2016, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 11:44 AMBlalord
What modes are you talking to ? 3v3+ ? you should start to play real modes

Elitist detected. Not all of us play 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2.

''Steal Ostheer drops'' please. The fuel point will be well defended if they drop there (duh).
20 Jan 2016, 11:56 AM

Elitist detected. Not all of us play 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2.

''Steal Ostheer drops'' please. The fuel point will be well defended if they drop there (duh).

You understand that Ostheer is using MP ( so less army ) right ?

if they defend hard this point, take others point
20 Jan 2016, 12:15 PM
Donator 33

This drop is available with Osstruppen, and mp is an income of around 200 even if your pop cap is maxed. 200 mp for 50 fue or munil is an absolutely insanely good trade. 1 mg 42 and an anyitank gun, in s fuel sector that on most maps reside on a friendly side of the map and your lucky to ever steal the crates regardless of mode. Hence Relic attempted to add additional and more practical counters to the axis drop. At least the allied drop is easily countered and your opponent will be in a manpower sink for 30 fuel.
20 Jan 2016, 12:44 PM
Donator 11

200 mp is as much of a cost as a wipe! Manpower is never expendable, its kind of fair trade when you get the fuel for mp. And if you happen to loose your drops to opponent, well then you lost whole match in few seconds.

But I agree soviet drop is too vulnerable to be used in a serious match.
20 Jan 2016, 12:45 PM

... At least the allied drop is easily countered and your opponent will be in a manpower sink for 30 fuel.

According to your own guide "Allied supply drop" plane in some map can not be shot down and thus it is virtually uncounterable...
Even when it is not such a map, according to your guide, Ostheer need a T3 ostwind to counter it that comes usually after CP 4...
So I don't not really see why you claim that "allied drop is easily countered"...

The ability cost MU not fuel so if a player a Soviet player has his plane shot down he lose 100 MU so I don't really see why you claim: "manpower sink for 30 fuel"...

Also in your guide you come to the conclusion that both abilities need to change...

20 Jan 2016, 12:57 PM

This drop is available with Osstruppen, and mp is an income of around 200 even if your pop cap is maxed. 200 mp for 50 fue or munil is an absolutely insanely good trade. 1 mg 42 and an anyitank gun, in s fuel sector that on most maps reside on a friendly side of the map and your lucky to ever steal the crates regardless of mode. Hence Relic attempted to add additional and more practical counters to the axis drop. At least the allied drop is easily countered and your opponent will be in a manpower sink for 30 fuel.

- Thats imply that there is 0 counter play to 1 MG and one pack on a sector, thats totally wrong :p (Flank, smoke, etc)

- Ally drop dont cost Manpower

Maybe the problem is more on some 3v3 and 4v4 Map design not allowing flank opportunity ?
20 Jan 2016, 19:53 PM

Just used Industry in 2v2.
First drop - success.
Second drop - Schwerer shot down my planes which crashed on my 2 ZiS guns :foreveralone:
20 Jan 2016, 21:46 PM

First drop - success.
Second drop - Schwerer shot down my planes which crashed on my 2 ZiS guns :forveralone:

If a Schwerer shoots down you plane choosing another point in your base as drop point will change flight path allowing to avoid it...
20 Jan 2016, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 21:46 PMMyself

If a Schwerer shoots down you plane choosing another point in your base as drop point will change flight path allowing to avoid it...

What it has to do with anything? It shot me down, wiped AT gun so what using another plane in different base sector has to do with anything?
20 Jan 2016, 21:52 PM

What it has to do with anything? It shot me down, wiped AT gun so what using another plane in different base sector has to do with anything?

What does that fact, that a plane crashed on your ATGs (due to bad RNG) has to do with the balance of an ability?
20 Jan 2016, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 21:52 PMMyself

What does that fact, that a plane crashed on your ATGs (due to bad RNG) has to do with the balance of an ability?

becasue axis' one cant be shot down?
20 Jan 2016, 22:03 PM

This was to be changed in the december patch, but did not make it from the preview to the final patch.

IIRCC cuddletronic said there was a bug with the plane coming from the opposite side, so it was scrapped again.

I doubt it's going to be changed.

20 Jan 2016, 22:16 PM

becasue axis' one cant be shot down?

Bad RNG like planes crashes on your zis, is not basis for balance changes.
In addition read guide in many cases soviet planes cant be shot down either...
21 Jan 2016, 16:24 PM

First drop - success.
Second drop - Schwerer shot down my planes which crashed on my 2 ZiS guns :foreveralone:

Every plane crash tell a story :snfQuinn:
21 Jan 2016, 18:04 PM

This was to be changed in the december patch, but did not make it from the preview to the final patch.

IIRCC cuddletronic said there was a bug with the plane coming from the opposite side, so it was scrapped again.

This.

Supply drops should all be vulnerable to AA, I hope the German one eventually gets brought in line, assuming the bugs get addressed.
21 Jan 2016, 18:35 PM

so after reading this i can sum it up: JUST LELIC THINGS ONCE AGAIN

but @ OP, how does SU have no AA? quad halftrack? eh?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★