Login

russian armor

Supply drop zone is "problematic" in 3v3 and 4v4

19 Jan 2016, 18:55 PM

Well its quite cheap has no counter. If the fuel point is easy to defend its quite hard to play against, probably needs to cost ammo and have a more easy path for AA.

Just my opinion.
19 Jan 2016, 19:05 PM
Patrion 14

Even if the plane flew like the soviet version over the enemy base, it wouldn't make much of a difference since the plane is invulnerable and cannot be shot down by aa, unlike it's soviet counterpart.
19 Jan 2016, 19:14 PM

It used to be THE ability of the Luftwaffe supply doctrine. Giving it to CAS has made that doctrine redundant. In exchange for that ability all the other things in the doctrine were nice but not very powerful - that's different with CAS.
19 Jan 2016, 19:21 PM

Even if the plane flew like the soviet version over the enemy base, it wouldn't make much of a difference since the plane is invulnerable and cannot be shot down by aa, unlike it's soviet counterpart.

Why?...

It used to be THE ability of the Luftwaffe supply doctrine. Giving it to CAS has made that doctrine redundant. In exchange for that ability all the other things in the doctrine were nice but not very powerful - that's different with CAS.

You can still feed a 12 min king tiger ... i mean CAS is good but.
19 Jan 2016, 21:02 PM
Patrion 14

Why?...

I don't have an answer. It's just the way it is. This is a question for someone at relic. You might find this article very interesting which covers the whole subject:

http://www.coh2.org/guides/47110/resource-modification-in-coh2

It's an interesting read. It covers the strange differences between the Soviet and Ostheer supply drops :)
19 Jan 2016, 21:22 PM

It's probably an oversight by Relic - honestly you would think they would be at least somewhat vulnerable since they do 5 passes so if one plane gets shot down its not a huge loss unlike Soviet drop where its 100 munitions straight down the drain.
19 Jan 2016, 23:34 PM

I wouldn't say the German supply drop is over powered at all. The soviet one needs a buff imo. You could always make a cache instead. Fuel caches boost +3 fuel/minute *16 minutes does the same thing while denying the capture of a point.

The crates can be captured if the player isn't careful. I usually only use it for munitions personally and munitions points are typically in the middle of the map and highly contested.
Also, 200 mp for the drop means 200mp worth less of units to defend the drop zone. This issue becomes rather negiligble in large game modes.
20 Jan 2016, 05:25 AM

Don't be shy. Feel free to say broken. Lelic simply implemented the change without giving any serious thoughts and tests , and they keep their noble pride by being selectively blind to it afterwards.
20 Jan 2016, 06:29 AM
Patrion 28

given cuddle's reply on the matter it seems like the OKH version cannot be changed and thus the soviet version should also be made invulnerable. the OKH version is more flexible, more efficient, and predictable. the ability to steal the crates is heavily map dependent and insignificant. the soviet ability already has the negative of being unpredictable.
20 Jan 2016, 06:35 AM
Donator 22

people dont want instant fuel to muni/ muni to fuel transfer anymore, so relic changed every doctrin with this ability to the supply drop zone. IMO much stronger and easier to push you mates in team games
20 Jan 2016, 11:00 AM

Meanwhile, soviet fuel drop is 100 MUNITIONS for 30 fuel.

And gets shot down every time.

BRAVO RELIC I LOVE YOU
20 Jan 2016, 11:50 AM

Simple:

Soviet plane can be countered but when dropped, cant be countered ( cause you drop in base ), it doesnt cost MP, so doesnt influency your Army Size.

Ostheer plane cant be countered, but the drop can be countered ( cause you have to drop on ammo sector or fuel sector), it coest MP, so influence your army size.

If you are losing against Ostheer fuel drop spam, it means you lost a 4v3 or 3v2
20 Jan 2016, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 11:50 AMBlalord
Simple:

Soviet plane can be countered but when dropped, cant be countered ( cause you drop in base ), it doesnt cost MP, so doesnt influency your Army Size.

Ostheer plane cant be countered, but the drop can be countered ( cause you have to drop on ammo sector or fuel sector), it coest MP, so influence your army size.

If you are losing against Ostheer fuel drop spam, it means you lost a 4v3 or 3v2

Sorry but this post is full of crap.

Sure, SU drop cant be picked up.
On ther other hand how many times did you see picked up axis' crates by enemy? I recall maybe 1 game during last 20 days when I saw it.

And army size is just taken out of the moon. SU drop cripples your ammo, so it's harder to get maines, demoesn nades etc.
Axis' one for MP is a way better because if you play carefuly and don't bleed too much, you will always have MP for it without any side-down for you map presence.

Axis' drop > SU drop any day, any time.
20 Jan 2016, 12:01 PM

Sorry but this post is full of crap.

Sure, SU drop cant be picked up.
On ther other hand how many times did you see picked up axis' crates by enemy? I recall maybe 1 game during last 20 days when I saw it.

And army size is just taken out of the moon. SU drop cripples your ammo, so it's harder to get maines, demoesn nades etc.
Axis' one for MP is a way better because if you play carefuly and don't bleed too much, you will always have MP for it without any side-down for you map presence.

Axis' drop > SU drop any day, any time.

- Sorry your first sentence is useless and offensive

- Ostheer is using MP for fuel, Mathematically you will have a bigger army than them, if map are craps and dont allow flanks, its an other problem, i managed to steal drops a lot

- Sorry, i never float MP with Ostheer

- Axis drop is so op that we never See Luftwaffe doctrine in 1v1 and 2v2 but always lend lease doctrine in 1v1 and 2v2, Muni > Fuel will always be better than MP > Fuel.
20 Jan 2016, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 12:01 PMBlalord

- Sorry your first sentence is useless and offensive

- Ostheer is using MP for fuel, Mathematically you will have a bigger army than them, if map are craps and dont allow flanks, its an other problem, i managed to steal drops a lot

- Sorry, i never float MP with Ostheer

- Axis drop is so op that we never See Luftwaffe doctrine in 1v1 and 2v2 but always lend lease doctrine in 1v1 and 2v2, Muni > Fuel will always be better than MP > Fuel.

If you have enough tools and for examle 500MP you don't want to build 2 more Grens because you don't need them. That's the moment you can drop fuel/ammo without hurting map presence.

You are under wrong impression that we see Lend-Lease in 1v1/2v2 becasue of fuel drop. No. We see it because of non-tech call in.

Ammo->Fuel will be better only if you bleed heavily. If your preservation is at good/high level, you will always have enough MP to drop ammo/fuel.
20 Jan 2016, 14:57 PM

If you have MP to spare unless you are OKW you can built a cache or an Opel blitz (for Ostheer)and get the extra resources from there.

On the other hand you still not be able to convert MU to Fuel...
20 Jan 2016, 16:39 PM

We tried it for the last 3 days with a premade of 2 OKW and 2 Oster. It felt wrong really wrong like if we were cheating or breaking the game, we didnt play good at all but still manage to win several matches with a big margin. King tiger at minute 12 is brutal and its easy to follow it with several panthers in a really small amount of time. All that plus stukas, it's not even fair.
20 Jan 2016, 23:18 PM
Patrion 28

the OKH drop doesn't remove a player from the game; they're still there and they can build as many units as they want or they can decide to give fuel or munitions to a player who can better use it. having one less gren or mortar or whatever for a short while but having a lusch or a V come out 5 minutes earlier is much more reward then risk, especially with coh2's game length.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★