Login

russian armor

Partisan is beep like beep in 3s & 4s

16 Jan 2016, 12:48 PM

So lets add some info based on game experience. I played alot with Partisan commander as their weapons were random and I played a lot after the patch since they always come with submachine guns (AI partisans) and shrek (AT partisans). Playing with both of them (AI and AT) really hurts your manpower ressource, beeing a non-elite four man squad they are really squishy, prone to full squad wipes. In addition their high reinforce costs kick in (you can't use the merge ability of conscripts to reinforce them). The AI partisans don't scale well to the lategame they only have one vet2 -17% received accuracy buff, so they remain squishy even with vet3.

On the other side both kind of partisans can have a big impact on the game the moment they arrive on the battlefield, especially if your opponents don't adapt to their new enemy. One strength of the partisans is that playing axis you only fight them from time to time and don't get used to it.

Playing the partisan commander is no option to me because the manpower bleed is to high when you are using AI and AT partisans at the same time. But I like playing the Soviet Reserve Army, its a common commander which got its Irregulars replaced with AT partisans a few month ago. This commander is much more viable because you get PPSHs and rapid conscription (which softens your manpower bleed). In addition I think AT partisans are the more important onces in terms of game impact. Especially if you play AT and your mates bring on the strong AI units.

Most german players use tanks very aggressive drawing them out of combat when they are real low on health, a perfect target for AT partisans popping out of a building, throwing the snare and hitting them with the shrek.

There alot of ways to adapt. As Australian Magic already said, a schwerer completely nullifies their use in key locations. Building Flak emplacements or sending Falls out of the building the Partisans just arrived finishs them off in seconds too. Destroy key buildings, lay down mines in front of buildings, put a MG in a key building, don't leave Stukkas and Panzerwerfer without support when they are firing and get visible on the map to your opponent, play more conservative with your tanks don't pull them out in the last moment... do I have to say more? There are so many ways to adapt, be creative please. Thanks.
16 Jan 2016, 13:09 PM
Donator 11

Fallschims have utility for the entire game. Tell me how often you see a partisan shrek squad survive for an entire game and it's utility after it's initial ambush?

I'd trade partisans for a fallschim squad anyday.

by utility you must mean getting wiped by any arty or tanks... :>
16 Jan 2016, 14:42 PM

Funny, because the reinforcement cost for Partisans will break your MP bank, even more if your still using normal forces in numbers.

It also prevents them from being Massed.

But you would know that if you used them at all wouldn't you.
16 Jan 2016, 14:56 PM

That's why the best way to use them is suicide mission :D

Spawn, hope that you will wipe something, or at least inflict MP over 200MP and die :D

Yesterday I spawned them behind HMG and Raketen. Wiped them and I threw nade at mass reatreating squads to Med Truck. 16 kills before they died :hansGASM:
16 Jan 2016, 15:49 PM
Patrion 14

I've played around with them and against them every now and then. I don't think they're OP at all in most maps, but just a few days ago Montherme was an especially troublesome map to play against them with loads and loads of viable buildings and no single "key" buildings to garrison.

We were 2 OKW 1 Ost up against 1 Brit, 1 Sov, 1 USF, and the way it played out was that the Brit and US took to just holding us off and the Sov jumped partisans out to turn the tide in any clashes and steal our stuff.

Attacking a dug-in British position takes some preparation, and it really messes with your gameplay and concentration when there's the constant threat of any support weapons being taken over by sudden partisans from anywhere on the map. Add to that the usual Brit indirect fire and other abilities, and we simply could not think of a solution.

I was surprised by how well it worked with all the buildings around. Having the support covered by HMG's combined with covering the HMG's themselves wasn't viable, the Flak HT was hard to place without being right next to a building and being immediately hit by AT partisans, and mining or burning all the houses would have taken too much micro and time.

I'm not saying it's ZOMG OP, possibly just a L2P issue, but I just still don't know what we could have done against that.
16 Jan 2016, 16:02 PM

That's why the best way to use them is suicide mission :D

Spawn, hope that you will wipe something, or at least inflict MP over 200MP and die :D

Yesterday I spawned them behind HMG and Raketen. Wiped them and I threw nade at mass reatreating squads to Med Truck. 16 kills before they died :hansGASM:

That's why the glorious Red Army don't need to pay munitions for airstrike, they spend MP on Partysan-bomb instead :D.
18 Jan 2016, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 13:09 PMSirlami

by utility you must mean getting wiped by any arty or tanks... :>

Lol, what a poor argument. artillery, specifically rocket artillery was designed to kill infantry. why would infantry NOT die to artillery is my question. Do you not see calliope and panzerwerfer wiping 5-6 man squads?

Why would you use a powerful 4 man AI squad against a tank?
Do you not see everyone else's post about how partisans just die and there's little utility afterwards?

Fallschims can replace obers but partisans cannot replace any mainline infantry. they just melt and only good for ambushes.
18 Jan 2016, 20:36 PM
Donator 11

Lol, what a poor argument. artillery, specifically rocket artillery was designed to kill infantry. why would infantry NOT die to artillery is my question. Do you not see calliope and panzerwerfer wiping 5-6 man squads?

Why would you use a powerful 4 man AI squad against a tank?
Do you not see everyone else's post about how partisans just die and there's little utility afterwards?

Fallschims can replace obers but partisans cannot replace any mainline infantry. they just melt and only good for ambushes.

200 mp difference mate, also no rocket arty should not wipe squads like they do now (calliope and werfer)

falls also lose to most of the infantry, expect if fighting from green cover at long ranges (and thats a dream situation)
18 Jan 2016, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 20:36 PMSirlami

200 mp difference mate, also no rocket arty should not wipe squads like they do now (calliope and werfer)

falls also lose to most of the infantry, expect if fighting from green cover at long ranges (and thats a dream situation)

Yes 200 mp difference that'd i'd rather have. again, i'd trade it for partisans anytime of day.

You don't need to be behind green cover... you just need a screen... which is why volks are there... they're not a 1 unit win all situation. they're a high dps unit that can dish out lots of damage, faust, smoke, camo?
18 Jan 2016, 21:29 PM
Donator 11

Yes 200 mp difference that'd i'd rather have. again, i'd trade it for partisans anytime of day.

You don't need to be behind green cover... you just need a screen... which is why volks are there... they're not a 1 unit win all situation. they're a high dps unit that can dish out lots of damage, faust, smoke, camo?

looking at your playercard i see that you are a 4v4 player. Theres one thing you need to know, in 4v4's you can get anything work, even m42 spam... But i am talking about 1v1 and 2v2 where things dont work like that, in 2v2's falls simply dont trade well enough to be worth it. But partisans in other hand can trade vet 0 squads for vet3 vet 5 squads or even vehicles, so they are a lot better. But partisans can be viable in very rare hands.
18 Jan 2016, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 21:29 PMSirlami

looking at your playercard i see that you are a 4v4 player. Theres one thing you need to know, in 4v4's you can get anything work, even m42 spam... But i am talking about 1v1 and 2v2 where things dont work like that, in 2v2's falls simply dont trade well enough to be worth it. But partisans in other hand can trade vet 0 squads for vet3 vet 5 squads or even vehicles, so they are a lot better. But partisans can be viable in very rare hands.

please play 4s with me then and show me that spamming anything works. i beg to disagree. some stuff just sucks. sure, partisans can be good with certain players but fallschims can also be good with certain players.

back to the point of the thread topic if you notice... partisans are generally not a problem in 3s and 4s. it's just dominating late game artillery and tanks that usually determine the winner in a 30-40 minute game.
19 Jan 2016, 01:03 AM

please play 4s with me then and show me that spamming anything works. i beg to disagree. some stuff just sucks. sure, partisans can be good with certain players but fallschims can also be good with certain players.

back to the point of the thread topic if you notice... partisans are generally not a problem in 3s and 4s. it's just dominating late game artillery and tanks that usually determine the winner in a 30-40 minute game.

We don't need to, because it is the fact.
Either it is the best combination of abuse that what top 4v4 heroes do, or you can do whatever, getting drunk or high, doesn't matter, it is a noob/casual mode.
19 Jan 2016, 03:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Funny, because the reinforcement cost for Partisans will break your MP bank, even more if your still using normal forces in numbers.

It also prevents them from being Massed.

But you would know that if you used them at all wouldn't you.

So true, the only reason I do not use partisans is because they cost 26 to reinforce, leaving me completely drained, its outrageous. They really need to fix them by lower reinforcement to like 20-21.
19 Jan 2016, 03:38 AM

So true, the only reason I do not use partisans is because they cost 26 to reinforce, leaving me completely drained, its outrageous. They really need to fix them by lower reinforcement to like 20-21.

Been saying this for a long time.

A long long time. No nerf or buff, just change the reinforcement cost.

Hell change the reinforcement cost for a lot of allied units.
19 Jan 2016, 04:10 AM

I have used partisans when the 4s game opponents used more Ostheer than OKW. The partisans are so effective against Ost combined arms especially mortar/MG42/Pak 40 on maps which has many buildings and can steal their team weapon easily or force a retreat to them. Generally speaking the partisans should be nerfed a little by increasing the pop cost from 4 to 6 at the very least. Too effective when a unit can spawn from houses and can camou,plant mines, throw 2 kind of nades.
19 Jan 2016, 04:13 AM

Also, the cooldown time of deployment should be increased. The grenade should be removed while the molotov should remained like volks.
19 Jan 2016, 07:49 AM

Been saying this for a long time.

A long long time. No nerf or buff, just change the reinforcement cost.

The reinforcement cost is currently "fair" 26*4*2 = 208.

And yes, using then aggressively makes you manpowerless. I think it is the deal, giving you a cheap spammable murderous squad which utility decrease quickly after they done their 1st job.
It gives you an insane advantage early but slows you down a lot.
I dont like to reinforce them. I prefer to spawn another squad.

I loves them because it encourages creativity and changes the way the game, is played.

Kozo.
19 Jan 2016, 09:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 07:49 AMKozokus

The reinforcement cost is currently "fair" 26*4*2 = 208.

And yes, using then aggressively makes you manpowerless. I think it is the deal, giving you a cheap spammable murderous squad which utility decrease quickly after they done their 1st job.
It gives you an insane advantage early but slows you down a lot.
I dont like to reinforce them. I prefer to spawn another squad.

I loves them because it encourages creativity and changes the way the game, is played.

Kozo.

In that case:

Falchrimjaeger - 38x4x2=304
Jaegers - 37x4x2=296

It was talked many times that spawning from builing comes with a cost, that's why Partisants' reinforce cst is not fair.
19 Jan 2016, 09:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Reinforcement cost formula only works for some units. 47 mp falls, 35 mp IS, and 50 mp obers didnt work because they bled way too hard. Units need their reinforcement adjusted depending on the unit. Partisans are one of those units. 20-21 reinforcement for ai partisans perfects the unit.
19 Jan 2016, 09:57 AM

Partisans in 1vs1 are viable, but i have to say that they are an economy mayhem of manpower bleed, but after you control that they are rolfstompers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★