Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
23 Jan 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 06:44 AMashxu

Except both Ost and OKW have schrecks which can zone the AEC. UKF don't have any reliable handheld AT to zone the 222 or Luchs. If Piats weren't terrible then we wouldn't have this problem and I think most people would be fine if the AEC buff got reverted or somehow fitted into a Puma role rather than AT/AI.

Schrecks zone an AEC like small arms zone a 222.
23 Jan 2016, 15:27 PM

222. isn't your early form of AT though.
23 Jan 2016, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 15:27 PMDoggo
222. isn't your early form of AT though.

What is it then? Cannon fodder? Because its not AI.

Same thing could by the way be said about the AEC, its not your early game AI. Only now it is.
23 Jan 2016, 15:47 PM

2x222 couldn't chase down a British sniper so they aren't anti-infantry and god knows they can't do anything else.

I played a game where the guy just spammed AECs to win. He could move fast around stugs and paks and if I had him pinned he could just pop smoke and flee like the wind. If the AEC doesn't need a nerf then it needs to come out much later.
23 Jan 2016, 16:38 PM

Can't believe people are still moaning about this unit, it utterly baffles me.
23 Jan 2016, 18:18 PM

as you can see in my playercard, i'm far away from a pro, but i understand the gamemechanics and stuff. for a low to medium skilled osteheer-player it's very hard to get the AEC.

tellers: it's luck, a skilled brit will know the spots and avoids them.
PAK: AEC can outmanoeuver them.
schrecks: you need to two double hits. if it's not crippeled by a faust, the AEC will get away bevor the second salvo connects. or it rng wippes the pgrens. (not to mention you need 145 ammo (faust+schreck) fot it, which is a huge investment.)
pumas: please, why should be a commander call-in, which comes with 5 CP, the only real deal?

the AEC is a hybrid between a scout and a light tank which can see all of it's counters befor they can destroy it. and if they are spamed, they even hunt down P4s :/
23 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

2x222 couldn't chase down a British sniper so they aren't anti-infantry and god knows they can't do anything else.

I played a game where the guy just spammed AECs to win. He could move fast around stugs and paks and if I had him pinned he could just pop smoke and flee like the wind. If the AEC doesn't need a nerf then it needs to come out much later.

Thats fine, if PIATs can be made to perform like Panzershrecks.
23 Jan 2016, 19:46 PM

Ever heard of panzerfaust and teller mines?

Obviously you're going to lose if you refuse to adapt and prepare to counter your opponents strat.
23 Jan 2016, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 19:46 PMKatitof

Ever heard of panzerfaust and teller mines?

Obviously you're going to lose if you refuse to adapt and prepare to counter your opponents strat.

5-6 mins into the game? You're trolling needs some work Kaitof, I just don't think you're heart is in it anymore.

Doggo, Piats could use a buff.
23 Jan 2016, 20:11 PM

5-6 mins into the game? You're trolling needs some work Kaitof, I just don't think you're heart is in it anymore.

Doggo, Piats could use a buff.

You can pump stugs and there were multiple AECs around 5-6 minute? :snfBarton:
23 Jan 2016, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 20:11 PMKatitof

You can pump stugs and there were multiple AECs around 5-6 minute? :snfBarton:

Where did I say that? Do I need to translate what I wrote into russian for you?
23 Jan 2016, 20:34 PM

Where did I say that? Do I need to translate what I wrote into russian for you?

And this is the part I was referring to.

You'd get it if you stopped being butthurt towards me and tried to comprehend the words I write.
23 Jan 2016, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 20:34 PMKatitof

And this is the part I was referring to.

You'd get it if you stopped being butthurt towards me and tried to comprehend the words I write.

Where did I say I was able to get out stugs and paks at 5-6 mins? I got stugs and paks out, and by that time he was able to spam AECs - because he can get them out as early as 5-6 mins. I'll take no lessons on comprehension from you.
23 Jan 2016, 20:54 PM

Permanently Banned
50 sight range. Comes earlier than all other light tanks, more durable than other light tanks due to non doc smoke, generalist tank.

Red flags? self spotting 50 sight. comes at 5-6 minutes.

Solution? Sight to 35, research time increase, 10 fuel increase, 100 mp decrease. Done and done.
23 Jan 2016, 21:22 PM

Main problem is that this AEC is decent against inf now, and with 50 range, its allow you to pretty much shoot inf without any consecutiveness if there is no AT gun, not to mention that even in bad situation it can pop-out smoke.

While Puma have pretty much same stats, its TOTALLY useless against inf, it wont hit anything but armor, while AEC is pretty much good against it.

Some ppl keep saying that "I would rather wait for cromwell", you guys shouldn't ignore "snowball" effect, because AEC can win and push bad enemy and support your advance from save distance. Forcing enemy to abandon their positions.

I usually see AEC staying at safe distance and sniping inf, if you try to come closer he would kite you like there is no tomorrow.

Right now the only and single counter - mines or puma. If brit player knows how to use AEC, no AT guns\schrecks\fausts can catch it.
24 Jan 2016, 00:54 AM

and with 50 range

40* range with 50 sight range.
24 Jan 2016, 02:37 AM

CHECK THIS DOO DOO OUT

http://coh2chart.com/

BRITS OP FROM SMALL (compared to all the variables they COULD have tweaked on everything else) CHANGE TO ONE UNIT
WOW
HOW IN DE WHIRL???

My guess is vehicles with AoE is the most powerful unit by design already, so if you make it semi-decent that's a massive buff to any faction. OpieOP
24 Jan 2016, 04:31 AM
Patrion 14

To be honest, I think ostheer has an easier time against UKF than OKW. As OKW have little(or not enough) counters to snipers and mass suppression.

Ostruppen + Sniper combo can shut down a UKF player if done well(if not it's going to be hard to recover later on).

AEC being a viable unit to always get now doesn't change the sniper dynamic much. Which should've been looked at long ago for the brits. As giving the bren carrier 50% more accuracy against the sniper isn't cutting it.

Maybe target tables so that moving infantry sections don't always get sniped off a model would be good but I don't know.
24 Jan 2016, 05:05 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 02:37 AMJaedrik
CHECK THIS DOO DOO OUT

http://coh2chart.com/

BRITS OP FROM SMALL (compared to all the variables they COULD have tweaked on everything else) CHANGE TO ONE UNIT
WOW
HOW IN DE WHIRL???

My guess is vehicles with AoE is the most powerful unit by design already, so if you make it semi-decent that's a massive buff to any faction. OpieOP

No the firepower isn't an issue. The issue is timing, and sight range.
25 Jan 2016, 08:30 AM
Patrion 15

So... AEC happened ESL NA Finals:snfPeter:
AEC Still fine?
-If able to rushed(!) Its timining is insanely fast.
-Blast radius is ridiculously large!
-You just cant have anti-everything unit at tier2

My Solution:
-Research time has to be increased 30 seconds.
-Create a decision upgradable for AEC, armor or speed upgrade ( to achive current stats costing 60AMU each).
-Reduce blast radius by 30-40%
-Decrease MP cost -80, Increse fuel cost +5.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak