Login

russian armor

How do people counter against early OKW armor with UKF?

14 Jan 2016, 19:45 PM

just wondering what peoples thoughts are about this
14 Jan 2016, 20:36 PM

UC > Kubel
AEC > Lucsh, Puma
6P > Everything
14 Jan 2016, 21:18 PM

Mines are always good. Doesn't hurt to keep Special Weapons Regiment in your loadout if you need to crutch on Tank Hunter Tommies if you get surprised by a Luches

Don't even bother with PIATS on anything faster than a PZ4 even then they are pretty hit or miss(literally).
15 Jan 2016, 01:26 AM

mines and AT gun.
15 Jan 2016, 23:16 PM

Don't bother with AEC. As brit, the best way to counter Luchs is by preventing it from appearing that soon to begin with. Win your infantry engagements and prevent him from a early tech.
AVA
16 Jan 2016, 07:21 AM

Don't bother with AEC. As brit, the best way to counter Luchs is by preventing it from appearing that soon to begin with. Win your infantry engagements and prevent him from a early tech.

OKW -> Brit early though due to the kubel + stormtr. It's pretty hard to win infantry engagements vs decent OKW.
16 Jan 2016, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 07:21 AMAVA

OKW -> Brit early though due to the kubel + stormtr. It's pretty hard to win infantry engagements vs decent OKW.

Get a Vickers HMG asap, followed by a UC. This combined with your IS is sufficient to tip the balance if well managed. OKW doesn't have a reliable way to deal with Vickers, so use this unit to your advantage, if he breaks out the luchs to counter your HMG, place 6pdr gun behind it with a sniper to lend support.

18 Jan 2016, 10:35 AM

The AEC has received a very powerful buff of late, and is now much better vs infantry than it was before. Of course, it requires requisitioning, at the expense of the Bofors, but honestly I think it's a great addition to the arsenal. It is mobile, which is much better in 1v1, and it provides much needed AI capability until the Cromwell hits the field. Of course, rushing Cromwell may still be preferred by some.
20 Jan 2016, 19:30 PM

The AEC has received a very powerful buff of late, and is now much better vs infantry than it was before. Of course, it requires requisitioning, at the expense of the Bofors, but honestly I think it's a great addition to the arsenal. It is mobile, which is much better in 1v1, and it provides much needed AI capability until the Cromwell hits the field. Of course, rushing Cromwell may still be preferred by some.

The panzershrek spam by that point of the game is too big of a risk, but, maybe i need to try it and see for myself. If that thing is still horrible vs infantry, then it's a write off.
25 Jan 2016, 16:34 PM

The panzershrek spam by that point of the game is too big of a risk, but, maybe i need to try it and see for myself. If that thing is still horrible vs infantry, then it's a write off.

The key to using any light vehicle is to keep it supported, I believe. Every faction has an Anti-Tank option with infantry and AT support weapons. The AEC is excellent at driving off or destroying any other light vehicle, and can provide good support against the Shrek-spam, but it should be behind your ISs at this stage. Don't forget, it's 90 munis per Shrek. By the time OKW has 2-3 Shreks, Brits can have 2-3 LMGs on their IS (cheaper muni-wise, but do require researching).

The AEC also only costs 50 fuel! Yes, there's the requisition cost, but some players are actually rolling 2 AECs in the early game, mirroring Jesulin's double Stuart tactics.
26 Jan 2016, 00:59 AM

The key to using any light vehicle is to keep it supported, I believe. Every faction has an Anti-Tank option with infantry and AT support weapons. The AEC is excellent at driving off or destroying any other light vehicle, and can provide good support against the Shrek-spam, but it should be behind your ISs at this stage. Don't forget, it's 90 munis per Shrek. By the time OKW has 2-3 Shreks, Brits can have 2-3 LMGs on their IS (cheaper muni-wise, but do require researching).

The AEC also only costs 50 fuel! Yes, there's the requisition cost, but some players are actually rolling 2 AECs in the early game, mirroring Jesulin's double Stuart tactics.

Tried it, great early game harasser, little else.

Volsk blob spam just violates everything. it keeps the aec at bay. I feel like uninstalling this game at this point, the spam blobs are really killing it for me.
26 Jan 2016, 19:58 PM

Tried it, great early game harasser, little else.

Volsk blob spam just violates everything. it keeps the aec at bay. I feel like uninstalling this game at this point, the spam blobs are really killing it for me.

You need to counter the Volks Blob with your ISs. Use the AEC against his vehicles only mid-late game. Mortar pit and MGs are good for putting a stop to your enemies' blob tactics. Stick with it man, you're doing fine. Every defeat is a learning experience.
27 Jan 2016, 02:20 AM

For light armor

Rush to a place and build a bofers AA emplacement on importaint spots or use AEC behind infantry Squads to push the light armour back. remeber to back the bofer up with an AT gun or tank once the germans start buying mid and heavy tanks. You can use piats but only give them to your royal engineers. Personally i use a bofers to deni them the fuel point and wait until i can get a cromwell. I will ninja cap around the place where the light armor is not.

for early armor
use a cromwell and flank it with an AT to surport. or a firefly (you should have one of the options by when they have a PZ4)

For late armor

Against heavy aromor 1 churhill and 2 fireflies works well or 3 flanking comets using emergency war speed to get out of there once damage is done.

For Blobs

even late game you need to make sure you always have 3-4 IS usually with brens. send your blob against theirs as well as a supporting tank or mg or something else, you will hardly any losses. remember volks dont excl at anything but are ok at everything. IS with brens excl at anti infantry, you dont even need bolster squad (i never bolster squad, but im good at keeping them alive).

Also the croc and AVRE are amazing against blobs (i have killed 25+ models with 1 AVRE shot before). Also remember you should be placing tones of mines in early/mid game (even if it apears like your thrashing the germans) to stop tanks in mid and late game, they also stop blobs.

Finally the base arty. It may suck at killing but it is the God of area denial for only 40 munitions. need to retreat from a VP or fuel point or any area really, have an IS call in arty before he leaves. Blobs cant enter because their size is too big and they WILL take a good amount of casualtys. also just as a side note, if you ever want mgs or ATs to move throw one near them.
30 Jan 2016, 14:47 PM

I usually find that how the first engagement of your IS vs their sturmpios goes will dictate much of the match.

and thats where is gets a bit ugly. Sometimes you can place your IS in green cover and pick the sturms off easily. Other times rng doesn't go in your favour and they get reked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 476
Netherlands 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment