Login

russian armor

Ostheer - Without chance

14 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM

Aloha,

I do not really know what's going on, but after the last patch I lose around 80% of all games in 2v2 (random).

Once USF and / or Brits are the opponents I can leave the game in principle already and although I'm playing the game since release and about 2k Games experience with the Eastern Army.

I start as follows: 1 x MG42, 2 x grenadiers, 1 x Sniper, 1 x Grenadier, upgrade to T2 and depending on the situation armored car 222 or Flame Halftruck, then a PaK.

The Grenadiers are virtually no chance against the infantry of the British in coverage or the massive US Blob, even with the LMG upgrade I see no land. While the Sniper thins the ranks within the squad, but thanks to the massive spams he is useless.

The Brit builds meanwhile his sandbags, trenches and mortar positions at key points and get through is no longer possible. Flame HT is destroyed by AT gun or Piat, AC 222 is generally useless and should he come but once in distress, followed by a MK III or Centaur.

The situation is similar at the USF, there countered the Blob each action together with light tank.

In all these years and I never felt patches the game so unbalanced with regard to the Eastern Army, I'm certainly not the absolute gamer, but not really bad also
14 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM

You significantly increase your chance of winning if you play with a friend not a randumb. Also can you upload a replay so we can analyse your gameplay and see where it went wrong.
14 Jan 2016, 16:03 PM

My experience exactly...

Im not a bad player and understand the game principles very well.

2v2 Automatch with random I get upto level 6/7 then get paired with some moron against a arranged team and drop down to level 3/4 only to get paired in more blob vs blob matches its horrendous.

I have over 456 wins in 2v2 but am ranked level 3 so im stuck in this horrible Bermuda triangle of noob games that I cant get out of.

Allies are easier to blob so the allied noob eventually out blobs my team mate so we lose.

My 400 wins were about 12 months ago before the new ranking system was released but some people have 12 wins and 2 losses and are rank 11 so don't understand how it all works....

help

14 Jan 2016, 16:31 PM
Patrion 14

There are a lot of really hepful people on these forums who will be more than happy to help you if you post a replay of one of your games.

I'd generally suggest to get at least one pio with a flamethrower to force infantry sections out of buildings and cover early. They are not as good ouside of cover and if they stay in cover the flamethrower will do quite some damage. Consider getting the flamethrower even before your first lmg.

Other than that it is hard to tell what is going wrong in your matches without a replay. I don't really see an issue with brits other than when they manage to get up multiple mortar pits, which is very difficult to deal with.
14 Jan 2016, 16:51 PM

i agree with starter, british are OP, they have very strong bofors, super infantry units, OP cromwell for 110 fuel + retreat point
also allied have self-propelled howitzers: priest and sexton + super calliope (calliope is not self-propelled howitzer but is more powerful than priest and sexton against buildings) but axis dont have any self-propelled howitzer (wehr have LeFH 18 but its totally useless)

so title must be "Ostheer + OKW - Without chance"
14 Jan 2016, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I think you need chec some top players replays, but imo vs brits in small maps its hard to play, need use so many units (inderect fire, sniper, mg in good positon, 222) and choose very good position for battle, vs merica the same but there infatry are not so good in positions game.
14 Jan 2016, 17:16 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 16:03 PMr7Bashy
My experience exactly...

Im not a bad player and understand the game principles very well.

2v2 Automatch with random I get upto level 6/7 then get paired with some moron against a arranged team and drop down to level 3/4 only to get paired in more blob vs blob matches its horrendous.

I have over 456 wins in 2v2 but am ranked level 3 so im stuck in this horrible Bermuda triangle of noob games that I cant get out of.

Allies are easier to blob so the allied noob eventually out blobs my team mate so we lose.

My 400 wins were about 12 months ago before the new ranking system was released but some people have 12 wins and 2 losses and are rank 11 so don't understand how it all works....

help

Yep have the same problem, dont understand the ranking system, im just getting to level 10 and then loose loose loose looose, and then we start all over again.....
14 Jan 2016, 17:24 PM

I'll say as much as I can without a replay.

Western Allied infantry is pretty strong, don't bother with old cookie-cutter builds. If and American is blobbing, 1 MG isn't enough, build 2.

Grens aren't bad against Tommies, especially with a sniper backing them. I don't know what you're smoking about the 222, its really good against Brits. It circle-strafes AT guns and they can't do much to stop you because they don't have a snare, and once the AT gun is gone, you can run wild. PIATs should never be an issue because you never want to stop moving. It also means he's delayed his Cromwell, which is in your favor.

Also, get Mortars. Not only will it help against the US blob once he's introduced to your twin MGs, it'll also really mess up the Brit's defensive line.

You just have to be willing to analyze and adapt. While a good balanced army is great and all, if you're opponent is cheesing, you've got to do the same. Grens aren't going to win on their own, but you have tier 0 MGs and t1 mortar and sniper for a reason, use them well and it makes all the difference.
14 Jan 2016, 19:13 PM
Patrion 15

Threads like these without a replay aren't very informative. If you really want advice and aren't just here to vent your frustration then post a replay and i'm sure someone would be happy to give it a watch and share their thoughts. Cheers!
31 Jan 2016, 09:25 AM

I still tend to think the main problem for ostheer is the 4man squad policy along with the old infantry armor change.grens fare decent against cons but are way too dependant on mg42 support against is or rifles.they lose a model fast and then its 3v4 or 5 respectively which puts them in large disadvantage.Also the 4man squad is very weak to explosions,IDF and snipers.I should probably copy paste the math someone did on the brit forum about how big an impact additional squad member makes.

Although the 5man Gren change wouls create 2 rather large problems.first of all their dmg should come down closer to volk numbers and the mg42 up would most likely get tuned down too to compensate.also the devs probably fear that this change would make ostheer play toi much like the allied factions rather than historically accurate use of effextive combined arms.
1 Feb 2016, 22:00 PM

Hard to say without a replay but based on your build order you might be staying in T1 too long. In 2v2s it is hard to deny fuel enough to your opponents to stop them from getting an early vehicle on time and so especially against USF and UKF you will experience early light armour which can really set you back. Based on what I have seen the fastest someone can get an early vehicle is going to be about after you have 4 T1 units with a sniper or 5 without a sniper.

Really hard to say where the problem is without a replay though.
1 Feb 2016, 22:09 PM

1 Feb 2016, 22:22 PM

That's the reason i decided to never play random 2v2 anymore. Waste of my time and energy. Instead I play 1v1 and the occasional arranged 2v2.
1v1 is stressful but rewarding and the best way to improve.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak