Login

russian armor

CoH2 GPU/CPU usage

9 Jul 2017, 13:46 PM

Which CPU gives more FPS in COH2: i7-7700k (4С/8Т, 4.2/4.5Ghz) or Ryzen 7 1700X (8С/16Т, 3.4/3.8Ghz)?

If proceed from the minimum video settings, which exclude dependence on video card.

What is more interesting - higher frequencies or x2 cores for game perfomance?

MHz memory will have a significant effect on the total? Is it necessary to overclock more specification 2400mhz ?
9 Jul 2017, 20:56 PM

this thread is pretty long-running, but i'm sure most people will tell you that a higher clock will win out, since CoH2 doesn't use more than 1-2 cores, and even then, won't use each at capacity.

FPS is definitely more related to GPU. i'm running a GTX 1080 at max settings (2k resolution) and my FPS is parked at 75 FPS (which is what my monitor is set to). for reference, i run CS GO maxed out at 300 FPS.

at the end of the day, don't pick a computer setup based on CoH2. either one of those processors will work fine. i'd go by expense or other use. if nothing else matters though, i'd go with the intel for higher clock.
9 Jul 2017, 20:57 PM
Patrion 310

The i7 will be faster (In Coh2) since it is faster on a purely mhz to mhz comparison and the game isn't that demanding on the CPU, at least not across multiple cores. The Ryzen is generally better value you for money, but it depends what you usage is. If you don't have a v fast GPU though, its unlikely to run any different between the two.

i7: Single threaded games or games that generally only use one core effectively will be better on the i7

Ryzen 7: Games that make great use of multi cores or if you intend to stream / render videos etc.
16 Jul 2017, 17:22 PM

- Just for playing COH2 in maximum fps - it's better to take 7700k.

- Above Ryzen 7 it makes sense to think if you plan to COH2-streaming or other multithreaded tasks that are not related with COH2.

Correctly understand the conclusion?

P.S. It is a pity that streamers are not practically divided by feedback on performance in streaming conditions.

29 Apr 2018, 06:54 AM

it seems that coh2 only runs on 2 cores.. although lelic recommends quad core CPU on their steampage

#lelic
3 May 2018, 17:34 PM

Hey guys this is my rig https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/rank-my-computer/processor and i am running the game at these settings
and keep telling me that my setting are high and maybe lag whats the best option for me to play the game and be happy with the graphics?
8 May 2018, 07:29 AM

Hey guys this is my rig https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/rank-my-computer/processor and i am running the game at these settings
and keep telling me that my setting are high and maybe lag whats the best option for me to play the game and be happy with the graphics?

Link doesnt show your setup, post a screenshot or use a different site instead.

I would consider tuning down snow detail, since that seems pretty irrelevant to me. Otherwise your next best bet would be to decrease display resolution, but that will impair image quality a lot.

What is your average fps during a game?
8 May 2018, 10:12 AM

Link doesnt show your setup, post a screenshot or use a different site instead.

I would consider tuning down snow detail, since that seems pretty irrelevant to me. Otherwise your next best bet would be to decrease display resolution, but that will impair image quality a lot.

What is your average fps during a game?

Thats my spec of my computer

Processor
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.3 GHz
Number of Cores 4
CPU ID BFEBFBFF000206A7
Family 06
Model 2A
Stepping 7
Revision
Memory
RAM 8.0 GB
Video Card
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Manufacturer
Chipset GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Dedicated Memory 4.0 GB
Total Memory 8.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.1
Vertex Shader Version 5.1
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 10DE
Device 1C82
Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&SUBSYS_372A1458&REV_A1
Driver Version 23.21.13.9135
Operating System
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64-bit
Edition NVIDIA
Version 10.0.16299
Locale 0408
BIOS
BIOS BIOS Date: 07/01/13 15:58:01 Ver: 41.05
Version American Megatrends Inc. 4105
Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc.
Date 07/01/13
Sound
Audio 1
Sound Device NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Driver 1.3.36.6
Audio 2
Sound Device Logitech G430 Gaming Headset
Driver 10.0.16299.15
Audio 3
Sound Device Realtek High Definition Audio
Driver 6.0.1.6402
Audio 4
Sound Device NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Driver 4.4.0.0
Drives
DVD
CD
Drive 1
Size 465.8 GB
Free Memory 176.3 GB
Drive 2
Size 223.0 GB
Free Memory 72.5 GB
Software
Internet Explorer 11.371.16299.0
Chrome 66.0.3359.139
Firefox
Safari
Java
Flash 18,0,0,203
DirectX 11.0
.NET 4.6.2
QuickTime
Adobe PDF Reader 18.11.20038.5321
8 May 2018, 16:45 PM

You can delete most of your info from your post, the only stuff thats relevant is your Processor, Graphics card and RAM.

You should be able to run the game on high settings with your configuration. I dont recommend using the benchmark from the game itself, but instead use software like Fraps or Geforce Experience to monitor your framerate.

Also, update your graphic cards driver if it isnt on the newest version. You can do that manually by searching the net, or by using Geforce Experience.

Use Fraps or Geforce Experience (or anything else that works) to display your framerate while you play, play a few games and report your average framerate here.
8 May 2018, 16:48 PM
Donator 11

You can delete most of your info from your post, the only stuff thats relevant is your Processor, Graphics card and RAM.

You should be able to run the game on high settings with your configuration. I dont recommend using the benchmark from the game itself, but instead use software like Fraps or Geforce Experience to monitor your framerate.

Also, update your graphic cards driver if it isnt on the newest version. You can do that manually by searching the net, or by using Geforce Experience.

Use Fraps or Geforce Experience (or anything else that works) to display your framerate while you play, play a few games and report your average framerate here.

Unless you run your game with absolutely nothing in the background, 8gb or RAM is too little to play the game on high. The memory leak is going to eat him in the first game and lack of cache space can reduce performance. I would advise medium settings for this PC until he gets more RAM.

I would also advice a CPU overclock. i5-2500k is capable of running the game in high settings, but single core usage goes to 100% even after overclocking.
8 May 2018, 17:13 PM

Unless you run your game with absolutely nothing in the background, 8gb or RAM is too little to play the game on high. The memory leak is going to eat him in the first game and lack of cache space can reduce performance. I would advise medium settings for this PC until he gets more RAM.

I would also advice a CPU overclock. i5-2500k is capable of running the game in high settings, but single core usage goes to 100% even after overclocking.

Not much he can do against memory leaks except for restarting the game after a few rounds. Overclocking would help, that goes for both the CPU and GPU, but requires some knowledge and good cooling, a lot of times the margins arent all that amazing, just a few frames depending on cooling.

Id like to see his actual results, so we can actually tell if his system is performing as expected.
15 Sep 2018, 15:31 PM

I have a fairly modest rig although with useful 16gb RAM. I recently installed Linux and was delighted to discover a Linux version of CoH2 is available.

The great news is that in Linux I have found that the game plays very much more smoothly. The bad news is that it is not possible to play vs players running Windows!

If you have not already, I do recommend giving Linux version a go however. As an O/S I'm delighted with the Mint version I now have; it was very straightforward to install alongside Windows too.

Be interesting to hear any other experiences of running the game on Linux.
26 Mar 2021, 00:04 AM

Reviving a 2 year old thread here but, hey, it's 2021 and new solutions might apply

Since at least 2 weeks ago I've been having issues with FPS stability only while playing COH2. I didn't have this problem ever.

Took a look at task manager and saw memory usage all the way up to 80-90%. Overall temperature was hot, not too much. Either way, this morning, opened up my desktop and did the maintenance. Applied a new layer of thermal paste, vacuumed, did a complete system reset and windows install and installed all the drivers. This didn't fix it.

Played a 4v4 today on lowest settings to test it and around 30min mark the issues returned. I played the whole 1h25min of the match (and lose, lol) without crashes. The game does freeze for 10-15secs during high activity but never crashed so I know it's my system acting up.

I did some research and learned this game uses a lot of RAM but I know for a fact that my system did not use all 8GB of my RAM before. I only have my browser open on YT playing music during my gaming sessions, like I always used to be able to do. Didn't even dare to stream with OBS.

System Specs are:
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5 GHz
GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series
RAM: 8GB HYPERX

I used to be able to play COH2 with medium/high settings while playing music in YT, keep a call going in discord and stream simultaneously.

I'm sorry if my post lacks more technical information such as benchmark tests and accurate FPS measurements. Shoot me the software to run those and I'll be happy to update

Looking for assistance here, really wish I could go back to "normal".
Thanks in advance!
29 Mar 2021, 07:48 AM
Donator 11

I'm sorry if my post lacks more technical information such as benchmark tests and accurate FPS measurements. Shoot me the software to run those and I'll be happy to update

MSI Afterburner is the tool for the job! Enable the ingame overlay and let it show you cpu and gpu usage, temperature, ram usage, FPS, maybe vram
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★