Login

russian armor

Wehr winning all 3 games in ESL EU Finals.

12 Jan 2016, 23:53 PM
12 Jan 2016, 23:55 PM

3 games, even if they are final games, are not representative for the state of balance.
12 Jan 2016, 23:56 PM
Patrion 14

With no one playing the obvious best faction which has all the best freedom tools against it? Nothing much really.
12 Jan 2016, 23:57 PM

sniper still 80 hp

axis i mean all axis have a lot of units that have exteneded vision and better anti tanks options, so vision even make them stronger.

this is not an assimetrical balance.

Panther a tank destroyer may get gunner on top so it kills infantry pretty well.
12 Jan 2016, 23:58 PM

3 games, even if they are final games, are not representative for the state of balance.

none said that, but even the last tourney, wher got the most wins with okw.

they are the best players and if they are loosing always with same factions, maybe there is something there
13 Jan 2016, 00:01 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Both Crossing in the Woods and Langreskaya (especially Southern Side...usually Axis should play on Northern Side in tourneys) are the best maps for Ostheer in 1vs1. I am not very surprised Ostheer had won this.
13 Jan 2016, 00:05 AM

The maps were definitely for Wehr. Frontal, forcing the enemy to meet those bunkers and MGs head on.
13 Jan 2016, 00:06 AM

L A N G R E S
13 Jan 2016, 00:11 AM

Both Crossing in the Woods and Langreskaya (especially Southern Side...usually Axis should play on Northern Side in tourneys) are the best maps for Ostheer in 1vs1. I am not very surprised Ostheer had won this.

then they should balance those maps
13 Jan 2016, 00:16 AM
Patrion 14

They had a choice of vetos, and they picked factions before they could veto the maps.

If I choose USF and I don't veto crossing in the woods while my opponent goes ostheer; I deserve to have my chances of winning gimped.

Don't expect complete map changes to happen. Only small but good changes like the ones in kholodny ferma and such.
13 Jan 2016, 00:19 AM
Admin Red  Badge

If Axis player spawns North and Allied player South in Langreskaya the match up is fair enough I think (definitely better than the other way round).

Crossing in the Woods is a different story, though. Hans failed by not vetoing it I guess. :foreveralone:
13 Jan 2016, 00:20 AM

They had a choice of vetos, and they picked factions before they could veto the maps.

If I choose USF and I don't veto crossing in the woods while my opponent goes ostheer; I deserve to have my chances of winning gimped.

Don't expect complete map changes to happen. Only small but good changes like the ones in kholodny ferma and such.

yeah good small changes, the maps are good.
13 Jan 2016, 00:47 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

This. I'm actually suprised that Hans didn't veto it since I had faction selection.
13 Jan 2016, 01:05 AM

I think map design playing into who has an easier time winning is still a balance issue that has to be solved by tweaking maps, especially when different match ups depend on micro of 1/2 specific risk units to gain the edge.

Narrow maps discriminate against Soviets when vs Ost and OKW when vs Soviet, and usf wining depends on rifle play and m20 use>narrow maps= MGs, snipers, and mines.

Overall 1st tourney game was a good watch because Hans threw the game away in the 1st 10 minutes but managed to claw to a near annil. victory somehow. 2nd game was meh, and 3rd game was settled from the start by Hans not vetoing Crossing. (WTF?)

Edit: Panzerwerfer is definitely over performing for price though.

13 Jan 2016, 03:42 AM

Wher, as people said, is very map dependant. On maps where you can get your snipers, Paks and MGs to shine, yeah they are very powerful.

And, well, the faction itself is very good. They got the best sniper, their line infantry is powerful and very cost-efficient, their weapons teams are very good, and their vehicle selection ii solid, plus some doctrines (such as Osttruppen) gives them even more flexibility.

And yeah, not vetoing Camping in the Woods vs Wher is probably going to end exactly as one suspects.
aaa
13 Jan 2016, 04:24 AM

I already gave away my coh2 account to another person few weeks ago. I think Lower axis winrates from coh2chart is a lelics lie.
Those who watch coh2 games waste their time.

Ive been talking about axis sniper for ages. Give it hp of a tank and total invisibility for assimetrical balance.
13 Jan 2016, 06:30 AM

Sniper lol

Relic have kept buffing Ostruppen and not increasing their price. They over perform so much that most commanders have replaced purebred Grenadiers with those Italian mutts. :snfPeter:

seriously I haven't watched the games so tell me if Ostruppen were not used at least once.
13 Jan 2016, 07:25 AM

It was clearly a set-up. We all know that allies dominate at the super high level.
13 Jan 2016, 07:41 AM

Hans make a lot of mistakes in his games. Like no double mortars to bleed Wh, ammo float, no fuel drops, no double atg, rush into mine fields and so on.

But yep, i agreed with ts - no hope for allies this days. No cd on sniper incidery shot, hillarious line of site with scope grade, turbo mortars, wipewerfer, stun shots, gaykrieg, Pather with loled armor, etc.

Rnades are still joke after 4 years of this game...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 87
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment