Login

russian armor

Strats for 1 vs 1 Brits besides Turtle

14 Jan 2016, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 13:29 PMJohnnyB

Thing is the mortar emplacement will be under constant bombardment and in early game you don't have enough power to do important pushes to eliminate the threat. I'm talking mainly about ISGs here.

Related to AGs, I saw a live game yesterday in which one guy won against AGs and MG using a Wasp upgraded UC, which is a logical choice if we take into account that AGs have no anti vehicle snare. The ostheer player didn't build T1 though, so he had no faust. He built a Scout Car though, but didn't succeed to catch the UC, it eventualy died to an AT gun hit.

What happened to me is most of the time they made mortars/ISG my sniper was out and helped to clear the threat. Also i did not hesitate to crew the mortar with the engeener (when they finished repairing) to help winning the artillery war, i found that quite efficient.

About AG i think you are right. The wasp is the answer. The only time i tried to go for it (and remember saving munition) i was taken by surprised and my UC got destroyed by the MG. I ll do better next time.

Kozo.
14 Jan 2016, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 14:02 PMKozokus

What happened to me is most of the time they made mortars/ISG my sniper was out and helped to clear the threat. Also i did not hesitate to crew the mortar with the engeener (when they finished repairing) to help winning the artillery war, i found that quite efficient.

About AG i think you are right. The wasp is the answer. The only time i tried to go for it (and remember saving munition) i was taken by surprised and my UC got destroyed by the MG. I ll do better next time.

Kozo.

Alas, more people play OKW then they do Ostheer, and even then I don't see mechanized very often nowadays. Lot more spear head, and Ostruppen, I swear every somewhat decent player uses ostruppen now. Gets kinda annoying having to contend against 2 snipers backed up by several Mgs, mortars, and squads of cheap infantry, and tanks. Bloody tanks.
14 Jan 2016, 19:10 PM

Bright side is that Relic mentioned on their stream yesterday that a "small" balance patch is coming either next week or the week after that at the latest. They said it was going to "bring Brits more in line with other 4 factions" or something to that effect. So at least we have that to look forward to.

Wouldn't surpise me if they minorly buffed units like the UC and AEC to beef up Brits light vehicle play. I kinda hope they let squads fire out the UC :3
14 Jan 2016, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 06:44 AMJohnnyB

Double sniper? Hmmm.... I never considered this, feels to expensive but the effect may be devastating especialy against small squad factions as OH.
In my british noob games, I found it more difficult to face ostheer than OKW. In fact, I feel that "rushing a P2" strategy against brits may appear as a good strategy because of their lack of antivehicle snare, but in fact it's not, especially if the british player rushes cromwell. In my 2 games against such an OKW strategy, I managed to build cromwell only 20-30 seconds later than the enemy built his P2.

But at such high level of play, I imagine the problems are different.

Luchs comes at stuart time (130 fuel cca)while cromwell cost you like 240 fuel (like 4 minutes later at ideal income , at muedium income it is like 5-6 minutes).

If okw player plays with his kubel , mgs , luchs , falls and volks he will get winning edge becuase brits lacks direct counter to luchs and need to turtle with sniper , IS , mgs and try to surive.

You cannot harras becuase of luchs and kubel can push you at cut off while you cover your VP with mg and IS and sniper and AT guns becuase there is volks + sturmpio + fall + mg combo.

Have a good day countering that
14 Jan 2016, 19:13 PM

Bright side is that Relic mentioned on their stream yesterday that a "small" balance patch is coming either next week or the week after that at the latest. They said it was going to "bring Brits more in line with other 4 factions" or something to that effect. So at least we have that to look forward to.

Wouldn't surpise me if they minorly buffed units like the UC and AEC to beef up Brits light vehicle play. I kinda hope they let squads fire out the UC :3

That would definitely be welcome, UC and AEC could both use some pretty substantial health buffs, and they need to fix the AEX vet ability, which is bugged as hell. And maybe tone down the cost on the croc slightly, and make IS veterancy worthwhile.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★