Login

russian armor

CalliOPes

10 Jan 2016, 09:58 AM

With each and every new commander realease i do understand that Relic is trying to make some extra cash but do they actually care about the game being fun? Calliope is overperforming for its cost. It is WAY too effective, mobile, has stamina and its actually able to damage a KT to 1/4 of its health if fired properly. I play all factions i am not an axis fanboy, and it makes me mad when something is really unbalanced. Calliopes should be either limited to one per player, or make it weaker i.e like every other mobile rocket arty ingame, or reduce its health. Its rediculous that a calliope can take 3 shreks and a raketen shot an yet its able to make it out alive. Just my POV. Regards
10 Jan 2016, 10:04 AM

Too powerful. It does not leave a chance to survive for crew weapons.
Too durable.
I rememeber one time when I tried to sneak to 1 calliope with 1 Paks. He saw me placing at guns, I fired 2 times. He does not even move away. Just ate to shots and wiped 2 at guns in front :foreveralone:
10 Jan 2016, 10:47 AM

Relic proved to me the last 2 1/2 years that they care more about making money. Look at all the commander releases (at least 80% of them), they are OP as hell and after a few months they nerf them. Its disgusting to say at least!
Of curse Calli is OP, no doubt about it.
10 Jan 2016, 11:08 AM

Relic really should have fixed Major arty rather then using a permanent solution to a band-aid issue. But whatever, its not going anywhere.

Calliope's pretty nuts. I don't have the raw stats for the rockets, so I can't comment on exactly what needs to be done.
10 Jan 2016, 11:50 AM

So you don't think its performance accounts for its cost?

Its the most expensive self-propelled arty in the game after all..
10 Jan 2016, 11:53 AM

You are paying extra fuel for survivability.

It is like saying Churchill should have stronger main gun becaus it cost 180 fuel.

Keep in mind that katty cost 85 fuel and dies to anything , even to short breeeze
10 Jan 2016, 11:55 AM

Pre nerf Obers where the most expensive infantry but it did not justify their OPness
10 Jan 2016, 11:56 AM

It is expensive but when a long-range artillery unit has tank armour and mobility combined with lethal splash, it's too much. There's no trade-off.
10 Jan 2016, 12:07 PM

1 Increase the cost of Pwerfer.

2 give to BM13 twice health and effectivnes as Cali increase the cost.

At current state of OKW maddness and simcitinnes this is the only right answer.

Secondly do th assimetrical balance.

Axis have better Tanks = give Alies better AT options.
10 Jan 2016, 12:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Apart from what you guys have already mentioned I think dodging a Calliope's salvo is almost impossible unless you instantly retreat. Even then it is likely that some models die or one squad gets completely wiped. This fact proves to be really brutal versus Ostheer: a faction whose true strength relies upon smart combined arms play including the usage of stationary team weapons which cannot retreat instantly once set up.

To be honest, Calliopes are more an issue in 2vs2+ than in 1vs1 since your partner can easily compensate the inherent lack of AT armour of a player calling in Calliopes. Thus, on the one hand your infantry and weapon teams are melting away and on the other hand your armour is not able to decisively break through enemy lines to punish the lack of AT armour.
10 Jan 2016, 12:13 PM

Apart from what you guys have already mentioned I think dodging a Calliope's salvo is almost impossible unless you instantly retreat. Even then it is likely that some models die or one squad gets completely wiped. This fact proves to be really brutal versus Ostheer: a faction whose true strength relies upon smart combined arms play including the usage of stationary team weapons which cannot retreat instantly once set up.

To be honest, Calliopes are more an issue in 2vs2+ than in 1vs1 since your partner can easily compensate the inherent lack of AT armour of a player calling in Calliopes. Thus, on the one hand your infantry and weapon teams are melting away and on the other hand your armour is not able to decisively break through enemy lines to punish the lack of AT armour.

1+
10 Jan 2016, 12:14 PM

Why are you worried, as soon as they reach the sales quota it's getting a nerf :)
10 Jan 2016, 12:42 PM

To be honest, Calliopes are more an issue in 2vs2+ than in 1vs1 since your partner can easily compensate the inherent lack of AT armour of a player calling in Calliopes

Because Allies not that stupid to feed axis with tanks agains PAK walls, shreks, faust, tellers.

Give the Alies the faust, PAK and tellers. I swear I will kill nazis with T70 and Stuart and Sherman.
10 Jan 2016, 12:45 PM
Donator 22

+1, This guy knows what hes talkin about :).
10 Jan 2016, 12:52 PM

moreover this is half of the porblem

Second part the Axis have a lot of unis that got extended vision range what make their AT power even stronger.

Remove some of those mentioned and may be something will change.
10 Jan 2016, 12:52 PM

SO Tanks? No thank u.
10 Jan 2016, 12:58 PM

Meanwhile brits don't have artillery at all.
10 Jan 2016, 13:02 PM

The only rocket arty that is balanced at the moment is the Katy, and to some extent the stuka (only because it can be dodged if you hear the rockets being fired) though it arrives too early IMO. The werfer and the calliope are too strong, granted.

The werfer, which is more of an immediate concern seeing as it is non-doctrinal and even more potent at killing team weapons and wiping squads, should straight up be put in line with the katysha. Simple; same price, same efficiency(approximately).

Decrease the price of the calliope make it more in line with the other rocket arty units. A fair price when reducing its efficiency and HP would be CP 9 and 360mp 115fu. Yet I do think that the Calliope should be slightly better than the others seeing as it is a doctrinal unit. Most doctrinal counterparts are stronger than the non-doctrinal ones, and I think this should be upheld. I'm not saying a lot stronger, just slightly better and stronger, and make it a bit more vulnerable.
10 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM

You are paying extra fuel for survivability.

It is like saying Churchill should have stronger main gun becaus it cost 180 fuel.

Keep in mind that katty cost 85 fuel and dies to anything , even to short breeeze

i agree axtra fuel for extra survivability, but at its current state its just godlike
10 Jan 2016, 13:14 PM

i agree axtra fuel for extra survivability, but at its current state its just godlike

Yes I agree with you but not with him that calli have its performance to its cost.

And what i most fear with it is its raw power. You can literally destroy enemy base with 2 calliopes in 5 salvos / each (7 minutes of gametime)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★