Login

russian armor

Rifle Company Fire Up

9 Jan 2016, 22:04 PM

1 thing occured to me that when cons and ass grens use sprint they don't get exhausted but for some reason riflemen do get this ability with a doctrine and they get exhausted for sprinting the same amount of time as cons.Now you maybe saying "Conscripts suck donkey shit and can't buy weapons from the racks" if that's your excuse than i agree but ass grens is pretty good close range when i played a 1v1 with ass grens.Now the question is should fire up work like ooorah or is it balanced the way it is?
9 Jan 2016, 22:08 PM

It is way to useful ability to use it.
9 Jan 2016, 22:51 PM

fat americans get winded after running after a little bit elejiggle
9 Jan 2016, 23:48 PM

Relic thought it will be awesome idea to transfer ability from coh1 together with its disadvantages, but somehow forgot about why it had them in the first place.
9 Jan 2016, 23:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Relic thought it will be awesome idea to transfer ability from coh1 together with its disadvantages, but somehow forgot about why it had them in the first place.

For the love of Quinn though, DO NOT BRING BACK THE SUPPRESSION REMOVAL!
10 Jan 2016, 02:23 AM

I think every infantry unit (apart from the conscripts) shouldn't have any type of buff that increases their speed.

If player wants to increase the speed, mount a vehicle you silly goose B-)

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 23:58 PMVuther

Agreed.
10 Jan 2016, 02:29 AM
Patrion 28

I think every infantry unit (apart from the conscripts) shouldn't have any type of buff that increases their speed.

If player wants to increase the speed, mount a vehicle you silly goose B-)

if transports were more common (and had better utility) i would agree. instead we have no transport for OKW, a doctrinal one for USF, and brits can only move one squad; transports are not an important part of this game, which is unfortunate.
10 Jan 2016, 02:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

if transports were more common (and had better utility) i would agree. instead we have no transport for OKW, a doctrinal one for USF, and brits can only move one squad; transports are not an important part of this game, which is unfortunate.

Transports are really just used to drive-by or reinforce when they are available anyway.
10 Jan 2016, 02:38 AM

True, they are literally the means to get something else, which misses the point of them completely.

The difference of pace in between infantry and vehicles is not that big, which is why things like vehicles seem redundant. To me one the biggest design problems with COH and DOW is the insane speed that infantry moves at, which makes suicide frontal attacks so viable when they they shouldn't which in turn rewards close quarters infantry aggression and puts the onus on the longer ranged units to keep them at a distance. Which is absolutely counter-intuitive.
10 Jan 2016, 03:31 AM
Patrion 28

True, they are literally the means to get something else, which misses the point of them completely.

The difference of pace in between infantry and vehicles is not that big, which is why things like vehicles seem redundant. To me one the biggest design problems with COH and DOW is the insane speed that infantry moves at, which makes suicide frontal attacks so viable when they they shouldn't which in turn rewards close quarters infantry aggression and puts the onus on the longer ranged units to keep them at a distance. Which is absolutely counter-intuitive.

transports in dow2 were very useful though. they primarily served two purposes: speed (they were a bit faster than infantry, even eldar) and shelter (AT weapons in dow2 are much weaker and infantry based ones not very common while AI weapons were generally more powerful). the shelter was particularly important because you could use transports to get melee units into battle or to get weak squads into something that most of the enemy army didn't do much dps against. the transport role did tend to be slightly limited as the maps were small but there was occasional uses.

coh2 doesn't really support the shelter role (for a lot of reasons including generally lower dps and transports being relatively weak) but the maps are huge and that opens up a lot of potential for transport uses. instead transport can't move a significant percentage of the infantry types (at least mortar and AT gun but some transport can't move snipers or mgs) and they're both awkward to use and seldom offer significant advantages over shift clicking cap orders. they do have a time and a place but actually transporting units is very niche.
10 Jan 2016, 04:39 AM

Fire Up! is great for chasing down 222s, Kubels, and Luchs. It's also great for flanking HMGs. Overall it's a great ability. Fire Up, flamers, flares, WP barrage, and EZ8 are some of the reasons why I think Rifle company is the best commander vs Ost.
10 Jan 2016, 04:58 AM

Don't you know my lovely little comrade ?
Bekause, the capitalist sprint , by its nature , can only lasts for a while , and after which they get exhausted.
10 Jan 2016, 16:48 PM

I think this ability should be a vet ability , while the ability is on for a min or so troops rank up 2x faster, till ability goes away
10 Jan 2016, 17:57 PM
Patrion 27

Assault Grens sprint, Encirclement gives all Wehr inf (including sniper) sprint while Soviet Sniper had sprint removed, Counterattack and Falshrimjaeger commanders have sprint abilities, JLI sprint... but Riflemen get winded and cost more to sprint. There's a disconnect here.
10 Jan 2016, 18:05 PM

Activate "Fire up" get into ambulance with squad exit ambulance = endless sprint its not a bug its a feature Relic TM :sibHyena:
10 Jan 2016, 18:06 PM

Assault Grens sprint, Encirclement gives all Wehr inf (including sniper) sprint while Soviet Sniper had sprint removed, Counterattack and Falshrimjaeger commanders have sprint abilities, JLI sprint... but Riflemen get winded and cost more to sprint. There's a disconnect here.

That's exactly what i'm talking about, like wut? Why do i sprint and waste 10 muni and probably retreat after the sprint.
10 Jan 2016, 18:08 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 23:58 PMVuther

On Me! Bro, ON ME!
10 Jan 2016, 19:12 PM

Activate "Fire up" get into ambulance with squad exit ambulance = endless sprint its not a bug its a feature Relic TM :sibHyena:

In lolbulance they have steroids.
10 Jan 2016, 19:21 PM

In lolbulance they have steroids.

They have a lot of stuff on there.

Many of CoH2 stories started with "Hold my rifle and watch me enter this ambulance there" :romeoHype:
10 Jan 2016, 23:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 18:08 PMd0ggY

On Me! Bro, ON ME!

Ehhhh, On Me!'s acceptably different enough to make its usage not a simplistic "lolHMGs".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★