Login

russian armor

Anti-infantry Capability of OKW

9 Jan 2016, 16:29 PM

Right now..
As okw it is really getting hard to fight blobs of vet 3 rifles and tommy..?? the point is okw really doesn't have a SOLID counter to infy spam..easily getting runned over by at guns and rifles and tommies spam.
Obers:- obers really get overwhelmed by rifles and tommies.....2 obers (20 popcap) Lose fight vs 3 rifles (21 pop)...while obers cost more and come late are dedicated anti infy units while the rifles are standard general purpose infy
ostwind:- we know it sucks..watched a cast where a ostwind did even made a dent to infy and centaur wiped two squads in the same time..maybe the problem is inconsistency
Falls*(10 pop so eilite infy):- horrible too much glass not enough cannon and not to mention the god awful clumping of them
stuka:-unreilable..luck dependant just like other rocket arty but katy,pwerfer,callipe are better
mg34:- worst mg and is locked behind awful doctrines..but serves the purpose of blob control i guess
luch:-umm ok iguess but t70 wipes infy better
flak halftruck:-meh
jLi:- good unit
Fussies(with g43):- very good unit especially against tommies
offmaps and doctrinal ability:- much worse at eliminating infy compared to other factions

so the point is there isn't a good anti infy fighting (except few doctrinal ones) for okw

on the side note:-
Sturmpionners need to be looked at they cost freaking 9 popcap..??
and to make matter worse their repair speed have been nerfed too much
http://www.coh2.org/topic/45338/sturmpioneer-repair-speed

9 Jan 2016, 17:34 PM

You forgot the ISG that can fight blobs well. Don't forget the flame grenade that you can use to prevent rifles from hugging you with, or deny cover.

Overall the USF take a dump on the okw ones anti infantry and utility, but okw infantry are more efficient at what they do and cost less MP to maintain.

I do think that the current P4 should really be a dedicated AI P4, like the command tank.
9 Jan 2016, 17:50 PM

OKW has problems with allied blobs?
Stuka zu fuss, Sturmtiger, Kingtiger, Panzer 4, leigs.

Now let me tell you a story of brits fighting blobs...
9 Jan 2016, 17:51 PM

you worried about anti infantry capabilities when allies MGs shut down okw so bad. thats the problem right there
9 Jan 2016, 18:35 PM

You forgot the ISG that can fight blobs well. Don't forget the flame grenade that you can use to prevent rifles from hugging you with, or deny cover.

Overall the USF take a dump on the okw ones anti infantry and utility, but okw infantry are more efficient at what they do and cost less MP to maintain.

I do think that the current P4 should really be a dedicated AI P4, like the command tank.

I don't think the ISG is a reliable AI platform anymore, after the removal of its supression.
9 Jan 2016, 18:36 PM

OKW has problems with allied blobs?
Stuka zu fuss, Sturmtiger, Kingtiger, Panzer 4, leigs.

Now let me tell you a story of brits fighting blobs...

The Stuka fires in a line and is easily dodged, Sturmtiger locked behind crappy doctrine, King tiger=late game and expensive, Panzer 4=weak and easily fought off with anything form of AT, Leigs do minimal model damage and require a non moving target.
9 Jan 2016, 19:09 PM

The Stuka fires in a line and is easily dodged, Sturmtiger locked behind crappy doctrine, King tiger=late game and expensive, Panzer 4=weak and easily fought off with anything form of AT, Leigs do minimal model damage and require a non moving target.

Still better than Brits.

(not to mention huge potential of Stuka, doctrine with ST which is everything but not shit, PZ4 with triple armor bulletin and laser guided missles from legis. It seems like you dont want to notice it :luvDerp: )
9 Jan 2016, 19:49 PM

first i read infantry sections are the worst infantry and now someone says okw cant deal with them BrokeBack
9 Jan 2016, 19:52 PM
Patrion 15

Play by them rules people! :-P Be Nice!
9 Jan 2016, 19:53 PM

Ostheer has a much harder time imo and essentially has to rely on the overpowered Panzerwerfer to fight off Rifle blobs.
9 Jan 2016, 20:08 PM

IF Okw can't handle infantry then what is wrong with non-doctrinal units:

1. Luchs
2. FlakHt
3. Schwerer
4. Stuka zu fuss
5. Obers
6. PZIV
7. PUMA (idk should it even be here as AI, people screaming about how "UP" AEC is say it is AI weapon so i put it here)

what is wrong with non-doctrinal abilities:

A. Mines
B. Nades
C. ?
10 Jan 2016, 02:30 AM

OKW has the most cost effective units in game. Once you start vetting things like Obers, Falschirmjaegers...etc you literally melt any enemy infantry.
10 Jan 2016, 02:58 AM

ok tommies maybe not a problem that much(although with vet3 and bren they are late game)..leig is crap again,stuka and kt,and st are already explained above...now the point is the standard elite infantry is not on par at all very underpowered and no they dont melt infy.....even if i get them to vet 5 they can get wipe so easily its not even funny(you can watch mutiple casts online,where vet 5 infy units die like in one or 2 shots from something or get brute forced by terminator rifles).....so all m saying is buffing obers and falls becasue fighting late game infy is their dedicated role of which they are heavily underperforming.
10 Jan 2016, 03:00 AM

first i read infantry sections are the worst infantry and now someone says okw cant deal with them BrokeBack

IS are kinda lame early game but the problem m facing is someone just puts the mis late game vet 3 tommies with brens behind cover just straight up murder anything the likes of vet5 obers and falls too.
10 Jan 2016, 03:02 AM

back to official forums pls
10 Jan 2016, 08:25 AM

How do you lose a fight of 2x obers vs 3x riflemen?

Seriously though; Obers are the best anti-infantry infantry in the game if you use their abilities right.
10 Jan 2016, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Seriously though; Obers are the best anti-infantry infantry in the game if you use their abilities right.

The way I see people usually play them, you wouldn't even know Obers have a vet 1 ability :-|
10 Jan 2016, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 08:50 AMVuther

The way I see people usually play them, you wouldn't even know Obers have a vet 1 ability :-|

I know right? It is such a great tool against close combat troops that want to close in. Fast animation, no timer, slow effect and damage. It also makes it more likely to 'snipe' models because te first model that comes out of the smoke will get targetted by the whole ober squad. It is also great for forcing units out of structures the same way molotovs do.

Then there are also boobytraps which are amazing. They have a high likelyhood of wiping 4-man squads, are only 50 ammo, work on whatever angle the enemy enters the circle and auto-detonates.

People just don't use these abilities and then they wine about Obers not being good enough.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★