Login

russian armor

T70 needs IMMEDIATE NERF

PAGES (11)down
4 Jul 2013, 15:47 PM

I think either the rate of fire, accuracy or scatter need to be tweaked. At the moment it hits maybe 3/5 shots, and each hit does damage, usually 5-6 hits and it's a squad wipe.
4 Jul 2013, 17:17 PM

its the accuracy. that thank is like an armored sniper. it killed 1 squad in 2 shots on retreat once. 3 with 1 shot, the last one could not even turn to run before he was sniped. i think it has too much accuracy to be fighting infantry.
4 Jul 2013, 18:53 PM

Everything changed when they tweaked the scatter: even when it misses, it hits. It is too "tight".
5 Jul 2013, 16:23 PM

I agree with Porygon on this one. I respectfully think your arguments hold NO substance.

The T70 doesn't one shot infantry. It two shots them. Problem is, it has AOE damage, so even when it misses, its doing damage. That equates to VERY fast killing.

Shreks kill it in 2.5 shots. Your first volley will not outright kill it. However, a good T70 can outshoot you before you can even hit it. Why? Shreks have a range of 35, and need to be stationary. T70 has a range of 45. That difference is almost as much as the range of a panzerfaust. He can kite you to death.

The pak, as I mentioned, is very squishy, and clumsy. Unless the T70 player gets succesfully baited, chances are, he will dance around it. Yeah, sure you might get a shot off. Then the pak dies.

Ostwind and Panzer IV assume you have enough fuel. By the time you get 115 fuel for Ostwind or 120 for Panzer IV, the T70 already caused territory losses and manpower drains on you. Those counters arrive to late.

You mentioned grenadiers and a Tiger, as "once-upon-a-time a player destroyed my T70 with". Tigers. Grenadiers. Seriously? For agrenadier to destroy a T70, you'd need 4 panzerfausts. Thats 100 munitions that usually you shouldn't be able to spend. That or your T70 was badly damaged already. So that doesn't count as remotely viable counter. And Tigers... well, not even going there.

Its not insanely unbalanced, but the T70 is a little too deadly when it arrives, and leaves very little room for mistakes.

So what your saying is that the T70 is really good in the small and limited window its meant for? You ever get a Ostwind on the field, and your opponent wasn't ready for it? You can literally drive that bad boy in there base and end the game right there It kills infantry effectively doesn't it? What do the Russians have to counter it? Well we got conscript AT grenades, but the ostwind's range is to great and just kite away. WE got guards, GL killing it before it kills you. Ohh we got the AT gun, (but wait a second its clumsy and cant shoot 360, so thats not a effective counter eather. T70's die to it. Ohh the good old T34, yes that can kill it! But wait out comes a Panzer 4 right behind it and Boom all my Armour is gone again! You guys are thinking way to closed mindiddly, and only from the perspective of a German player. Atleast the germans have a dedicated AT infantry. Its not the T70 that needs a "nerf" its your guys logic and what you constitute as "unbalanced." The T70 is very balanced currently considering that if a Ostwind is on the field and a T70 is on the field (which one would you rather have? Now before the ostwind even gets on the field you guys have Scout cars(with turret), grenadiers, At guns, and Shreks. open your eyes to the "big picture" instead of the narrow one you are currently sighted in on. IF a unit is not effective in the roll it was meant to play (t70,ostwind) what is the point of building it? A ostwind will force a retreat, so should the T70. Have a good Day :)
5 Jul 2013, 17:00 PM

So what your saying is that the T70 is really good in the small and limited window its meant for? You ever get a Ostwind on the field, and your opponent wasn't ready for it? You can literally drive that bad boy in there base and end the game right there It kills infantry effectively doesn't it? What do the Russians have to counter it? Well we got conscript AT grenades, but the ostwind's range is to great and just kite away. WE got guards, GL killing it before it kills you. Ohh we got the AT gun, (but wait a second its clumsy and cant shoot 360,) so thats not a effective counter eather. T70's die to it. Ohh the good old T34, yes that can kill it! But wait out comes a Panzer 4 right behind it and Boom all my Armour is gone again! You guys are thinking way to closed mindiddly, and only from the perspective of a German player. Atleast the germans have a dedicated AT infantry. Its not the T70 that needs a "nerf" its your guys logic and what you constitute as "unbalanced." The T70 is very balanced currently considering that if a Ostwind is on the field and a T70 is on the field (which one would you rather have? Now before the ostwind even gets on the field you guys have Scout cars(with turret), grenadiers, At guns, and Shreks. open your eyes to the "big picture" instead of the narrow one you are currently sighted in on. IF a unit is not effective in the roll it was meant to play (t70,ostwind) what is the point of building it? A ostwind will force a retreat, so should the T70. Have a good Day :)
5 Jul 2013, 17:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Choosing the ostwind as your first T3 means you are very confident or have won the early game already. In an even game your ostwind has to beat the t70 (which can it do easily) but then there is the t34 right behind it.

On the t70, remove crushing and make it a bit less accurate. The autorepair is maybe too useful to get rid of fausts hit's but it's also very expensive
5 Jul 2013, 17:27 PM

I think the autorepair is fine, aside from the fact that it can move whilst it is active.
5 Jul 2013, 18:25 PM

Choosing the ostwind as your first T3 means you are very confident or have won the early game already. In an even game your ostwind has to beat the t70 (which can it do easily) but then there is the t34 right behind it.

On the t70, remove crushing and make it a bit less accurate. The autorepair is maybe too useful to get rid of fausts hit's but it's also very expensive

Did you read my whole post, What comes right behind the ostwind? panzer 4 maybe? STug maybe? i just played a game and built me a T70, took 6 shots to kill a 3 man mortar team. So the accuracy is not off. Most people are crying for no reason, when its balanced beautifully with the German army. Does the ostwind not kill at the same speed? (the answer is better, for those that don't know.) But I don't scream ****OP OP OP, NERF OSTWIND****, because at that point in the game you should have a proper strategy to deal with Armour, the same needs to be sed for Germans. If you don't have the proper tools (which Germans have more than enough of) by the time a T70 comes out (8-9min mark usually), then you deserve the temporary loss in map control and units(this is called, being outplayed.) The T70 doesn't need to be touched up, your play style and logic does.
5 Jul 2013, 18:36 PM

There is a fuckload of counters to Ostwind, WTF?

Soviet can pull a goddamn Zis-3 at the first 3 minutes, one oohwa, one AT nade and one Zis-3, then it is fucked. Even my Grandma can do it

Can you fucking do it with Ostheer?

Learn to state an argument before thinking is it fucking ligit, okay?

If Ostwind is traded with T70, Soviet have zero chance winning a single game

i just played a game and built me a T70, took 6 shots to kill a 3 man mortar team. So the accuracy is not off.

Learn to micro vehicle :facepalm:
Oh ofc, Clown Cars make those guys think they just need to dance around, then people die
5 Jul 2013, 18:44 PM

There is a fuckload of counters to Ostwind, WTF?

Soviet can pull a goddamn Zis-3 at the first 3 minutes, one oohwa, one AT nade and one Zis-3, then it is fucked. Even my Grandma can do it

Can you fucking do it with Ostheer?

Learn to state an argument before thinking is it fucking ligit, okay?

If Ostwind is traded with T70, Soviet have zero chance winning a single game

Learn to micro vehicle :facepalm:
Oh ofc, Clown Cars make those guys think they just need to dance around, then people die

LOL try to kill good player Ostwind or try to catch it with infantry, only counter for ostwind is SU and T34. Try to learn to micro your ostwind and then come to forums.
And T70 dont need nerf its so fragile... and comes when there are some serious AT on field. Be a man not pokemon ...because your crying its not funny.
5 Jul 2013, 18:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

"Serious AT"
Do you mean the squishy panzershrecks or the pak that misses his first shot and gets decrewed in a couple seconds after?
5 Jul 2013, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2013, 18:44 PMfranko

LOL try to kill good player Ostwind or try to catch it with infantry, only counter for ostwind is SU and T34. Try to learn to micro your ostwind and then come to forums.
And T70 dont need nerf its so fragile... and comes when there are some serious AT on field. Be a man not pokemon ...because your crying its not funny.

With Ostwind speed vs Cons oowah speed? you're kidding me?
5 Jul 2013, 19:13 PM

Let the rage begin.

As the inventor of the T-70 strat you all can blame me for the annoyance you now all face.
You forgot they can also run over stuff easily as well btw.
5 Jul 2013, 19:25 PM

Let the rage begin.

As the inventor of the T-70 strat you all can blame me for the annoyance you now all face.
You forgot they can also run over stuff easily as well btw.

Don't ever think you are the inventor :crazy:

I can do that at the first day of T70 buffing patch, it is just staghound abusing version 2
5 Jul 2013, 19:29 PM

"Serious AT"
Do you mean the squishy panzershrecks or the pak that misses his first shot and gets decrewed in a couple seconds after?

Shrecks (damaging engine),MG, panzergrenadiers, Pak, all tanks... its not enought ? whitch unit cant damage T70 ? if you leave MG nest without support or PAK alone in woods you deserve to lose it.
5 Jul 2013, 19:33 PM

Don't ever think you are the inventor :crazy:

I can do that at the first day of T70 buffing patch, it is just staghound abusing version 2

My strategy is more advanced then your noob play.
5 Jul 2013, 19:47 PM

There seems to be a huge level of disconnect here between competitive 1v1 and casual. I am making that assumption based on people saying "use tanks (tiger, lol) to counter t70" when the t70 will be out way before that becomes possible.

In casual, it's not a big deal. Bad micro, loose timing, etc means it's all very stoppable. The issue only manifests itself in good competitive play where it can come out very early and has no counters while doing massive damage. The M8 was balanced in CoH1 because, assuming nobody was getting hugely outplayed, the pak would be out at the same time and it became cat/mouse.

This is like the PE AC in CoH1 where in the hands of a sloppy player or someone that doesn't time it right, it's pretty "meh". But in the hands of a good player it is extremely damaging with a good window of being uncontested.

Except now it's also immune to small arms fire and there are no mines to fear. lol

5 Jul 2013, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2013, 19:29 PMfranko

Shrecks (damaging engine),MG, panzergrenadiers, Pak, all tanks... its not enought ? whitch unit cant damage T70 ? if you leave MG nest without support or PAK alone in woods you deserve to lose it.

Go play a game with that trolling guy above and win a game, come back and continue to argue, else, GTFO, you have no idea how godly is a well controlled and abusing T70 can do
5 Jul 2013, 19:54 PM

My strategy is more advanced then your noob play.

Enjoy your trolling so-called strategy before the balance patch
Do it more, make it more convincing, let Relic nerf this shit into Oblivion

I actually like your guys, exploited the overpowerness to maximum level. Then Relic will handle it.
5 Jul 2013, 20:36 PM

Enjoy your trolling so-called strategy before the balance patch
Do it more, make it more convincing, let Relic nerf this shit into Oblivion

I actually like your guys, exploited the overpowerness to maximum level. Then Relic will handle it.

You must be new here, you do realize who you're dealing with right? it's relic, expect them to patch it in 6 years, or never haha.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS