Login

russian armor

Any tips on attacking the Axis base?

8 Jan 2016, 18:18 PM

I'm often losing ( nothing new there) latish game on VPs. Yes my squad control, micro, map control and unit retention is pretty awful.

So once I get into a less than 100 points and all VPs taken and defended by the Axis are there any truly cheesy and sneaky ways to baserape him instead?

I don't mean just driving Cromwells into there, not cheesy enough. Doesn't seem as though you can use arty on the base...

The more dastardly and ragequit inducing the better!
17 Jan 2016, 17:17 PM

That is a tough one. Base rapes aren't nearly as common and easy to pull like in COH1.

Here are some thoughts:

1-Conventional arty. Since abilities can't be called to base rape, this could potentially be a good method to weaken their base methodically. This is valid for both OKW and Ostheer. Downside is that it locks you to Artillery regiment.

- Air supremacy operation. Nothing quite says f**k you like this one, it is a favorite of mine to deal with OKW jerks that build their gypsy camp and constantly retreat to it once their blob is pushed back. It needs LoS, being it's only down side but when it hits, oh it's biblical.

-Armored tank rush.Churchill variants, the croc, the AVRE are really good at dealing with structures, in conjunction with other units. Churchill is pretty neat in this capacity because it soaks so much damage. IF your enemy has heavily invested in AT, this is probably a no-no, to fuel costly. Alternatively you can get a early fuel advantage and spam Cromwell, they are fast enough and potent enough, great bang for the buck.

17 Jan 2016, 17:44 PM

Just use Caliope on it and wait they come to you themseves
17 Jan 2016, 17:57 PM
Donator 11

This is called over extending, if you're sending any unit at all into the base. Expect high risk vs. high reward.

You'll manage to wipe something but you'll have to trade sacrifice whatever unit(s) you're diving. Sometimes this is necessary with early Cromwell and AEC.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★