Login

russian armor

OKW stuka is OP - Nerf?

9 Jan 2016, 03:33 AM

it is not too OP i think. But it wipes squads. Like b4 wipes squads but it isn't OP.

squad wipage is the problem.

and how many times worse do u think b4 is compared to a stuka?
9 Jan 2016, 03:49 AM

The walking stuka is probably too effective vs buildings but everything else about it is fine.
9 Jan 2016, 04:25 AM
Patrion 14

and how many times worse do u think b4 is compared to a stuka?

infinite as in B4 is not functional at all.
9 Jan 2016, 06:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2016, 22:22 PMRocket

LMAO how is the calli op but not the werfer?? what a joke the cali dosent instantly fire all its missles at once and does no GUARANTEE a wipe the werfer pretty much GAURANTEES a wipe its the hardest of all of them to hear and the time it takes for its barrage to land is the shortest

The Calliope fires 3 barrages. All of them do the same devastating damage as the Pwerfer.

Calliope has longer range

Calliope has tank armour Werfer dies to 1 or 2 shots.

Calliope is more quiet than the Werfer.

Why did you write LMAO? I didn't see anything funny in the other forum user's post. Were you just mocking him? Was it a way to display ridicule and aggresssion?

If you relaxed a bit, you'd probably get more use out of the forum.
9 Jan 2016, 10:25 AM

wiping combined arms is indeed not op and sooo funny. wiping a vet 3 dshk with a single stupid bomb is just retarded
have funy wiping some unit with a single rocket of the kat.
9 Jan 2016, 10:41 AM

Calli is clearly OP. But, what's wrong with pzwerfer ?

roflmao

maybe the fact that it costs 80 fuel, supresses, instawipes buildings/trenches and gets vet incredibly fast.

Stuka needs an aoe barrage, creeping barrage should be moved to vet 1 like all other artillery.

Stuka sound warning should also be looked at. It's arguably too slow/shots arrive too early after the sound
9 Jan 2016, 10:46 AM

I voted yes. Against a decent player it's not terribly OP but there are a few issues.

The most obvious problem in my eyes is the health is too high. The fragility of the katyusha & panzerwerfer mean that they require you to be careful how you use them lest they be destroyed, or if the opponent really wants they can do a suicide run to take the unit out (although they will likely be behind in fuel on the trade).
The walking stuka on the other hand has twice the health of those vehicles and the extra armour means small arms aren't an easy way to kill it. It doesn't help immersion when two otherwise very similar halftracks have such different levels of durability.

The second problem is the squad wiping potential. While it's true that in 1v1 you can dodge it fairly easily, it gets harder in 2v2 and above where you can't easily tell what it's firing at and the busier battlespace makes it easier to miss the firing sound. Thus as the game goes on, the unit will continue to wipe squads.

The third issue is how quickly it can be built. Again this isn't an issue in 1v1 because rushing the unit would be hard countered by a light tank/armoured car, but in 2v2+ it enables you to get it out early because your opponent can cover the shortfalls you leave. It doesn't seem right that such a potentially lethal unit comes this early, it feels much more like a late-game unit to me.

I'm not suggesting that all 3 of these things get addressed at once, that would probably push the unit into obscurity and further reduce the options OKW has mid-game. However if one was addressed (ideally the HP issue) it would be a good step forward.
9 Jan 2016, 10:50 AM

Voted yes. Ment to be voted No. It's fine
9 Jan 2016, 11:07 AM
Patrion 14

Stuka is fine, only the werfer and to a certain extend calliope are OP.
9 Jan 2016, 11:11 AM

Stuka has guaranteed wipe of team weapons.

It doesn't belong to this game same as it was with the ram of T3476 when it had guaranteed crit to engine damage.

RNG needed.
9 Jan 2016, 11:11 AM

No scatter = problem.
9 Jan 2016, 12:39 PM

Micro away when u hear the rockets firing.

No scatter = no problem --> easy to dodge.

I'm glad when an OKW player gets a stuka, atleast he wont be getting any tanks out soon and I only need to dodge a few times.
9 Jan 2016, 16:46 PM

I don't think the Walking Stuka is OP, but I wonder why it's part of OKW's stock army instead of being commander specific like the Calliope.

Then again, I wonder that about a lot of OKW's units, chiefly the Panther on top of Jagdpanzer and Panzer IV.
9 Jan 2016, 17:06 PM

Mistakenly voted yes, but don't think the walking Stuka needs change. Panzerwerfer & Calliope are both broken, and the new large AOE on the stuka dive bomb is too big. Panzerwerfer rockets fire so fast that MG can't pack up and get out of building, resulting in insta-wipe every time. The barrage on a calliope seems to last forever. Good luck trying to cap a vp if there are two of them watching it.
21 Jan 2016, 06:49 AM

I don't even bother building Zis guns any more
21 Jan 2016, 07:10 AM
21 Jan 2016, 07:33 AM

Tbh, now I've had games against top-level allies I see it's not such a problem.
21 Jan 2016, 07:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

"i hear a stuka, let's just walk a bit forward" -dodged
21 Jan 2016, 10:13 AM

I use my Stuka in the direction I force players to move into. Guaranteed wipes! Keep in mind that the opponents do not know which direction the Stuka will be hitting them. The added constant thread, along with its distinct soundeffect is another massive bonus that will put even more mental stress on them.

Either you estimate enemy's positions in a few seconds, or you use that things against weapon teams, or even better, against the USF's FRP. The Stuka is brilliant, even better since that OKW refit. Most enemy expect rush Luchs, I often rush Stuka in 2on2 for surprise effect. Guaranteed pinpoint wipes are awesome.

Since Allies now has got their doctorinal Rocket Arty, I voted no. I do hope though that Katy gets a buff to normalise it to other Rocket Arty.
21 Jan 2016, 10:18 AM

PW and Calliope are the problem, Katyusha is a great example of a balanced rocket arty, doesn't instakill everything in the area, creates a great area denial etc..

But PW and Calli, well, the instakill everything in the area, when the first rocket lands there's no point in retreating, only praying to RNGesus is going to save your troops, with PW it's even worse since it pins everything and forces you to retreat even if your rng is great and everything doesn't die
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Sweden 33
New Zealand 27
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak