Login

russian armor

Steam Controller

8 Jan 2016, 08:31 AM

Does this thread belong in here? But anyways, does anyone own this or or ever used one? I'm fairly interested to know what people think about this and what good/bad things there are. I wanna know opinions from people here because half of the online reviews are biased or otherwise bullshit

I'm supposed to buy one as soon as I can but I can't tell if it's a good or bad investment
8 Jan 2016, 08:48 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Does this thread belong in here? But anyways, does anyone own this or or ever used one? I'm fairly interested to know what people think about this and what good/bad things there are. I wanna know opinions from people here because half of the online reviews are biased or otherwise bullshit

I'm supposed to buy one as soon as I can but I can't tell if it's a good or bad investment

Well, there are some mappings for coh2 on steam. I haven't tried it, nor have I looked into any depth into any of the presets, but there are enough buttons to have grid keys mapped on the controller. It would take a while getting used to, I think. It's certainly possible to use it.

For games like Rocket League, I like it. it works well.
8 Jan 2016, 09:01 AM

Well, there are some mappings for coh2 on steam. I haven't tried it, nor have I looked into any depth into any of the presets, but there are enough buttons to have grid keys mapped on the controller. It would take a while getting used to, I think. It's certainly possible to use it.

For games like Rocket League, I like it. it works well.

I was more thinking about using it for other games than coh2 :P
I have tried using Gaming Keypads etc for coh2 but nothing works better than the good old fashioned Keyboard Mouse combo :D
8 Jan 2016, 14:23 PM

No, nothing works better than a Razor Tartarus and mouse combo. Put the keyboard aside and use the programmable keypad instead. Having a d-pad for your thumb is really great. Even in FPS shooters it's way better. Why use WSAD when you can more comfortable use of your thumb like on a gamepad for consoles. You still have your mouse accuracy, only now you combine it with something that makes sense for your other hand.
8 Jan 2016, 17:15 PM

No, nothing works better than a Razor Tartarus and mouse combo. Put the keyboard aside and use the programmable keypad instead. Having a d-pad for your thumb is really great. Even in FPS shooters it's way better. Why use WSAD when you can more comfortable use of your thumb like on a gamepad for consoles. You still have your mouse accuracy, only now you combine it with something that makes sense for your other hand.

I actually have Razer Tartarus also but I use it for LoL, diablo and other shit :P I couldn't make it work for coh2 in any way since I used to play SCII with keyboard (almost all binding changed) and Supreme Commander 1/2 with the classic hotkeys also

I'm more interested in knowing peoples opinions on Steam Controller in itself for coh2 and other games
9 Jan 2016, 05:23 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I actually have Razer Tartarus also but I use it for LoL, diablo and other shit :P I couldn't make it work for coh2 in any way since I used to play SCII with keyboard (almost all binding changed) and Supreme Commander 1/2 with the classic hotkeys also

I'm more interested in knowing peoples opinions on Steam Controller in itself for coh2 and other games

I love it :D I play Rocket League with it. And Civ 5 but it's a little odd.
9 Jan 2016, 08:42 AM
Patrion 27

I have one. It's highly programmable but I think mouse and keyboard is the best way to play RTS. I'm a lefty and have been dreaming of a Tartarus but it still hasn't happened.

Anyway, I have only used the controller a little bit but it's been very nice. It's highly programmable, fits bigger hands very comfortably and it's easy to browse the internet with as well.
9 Jan 2016, 13:28 PM

I have one. It's highly programmable but I think mouse and keyboard is the best way to play RTS. I'm a lefty and have been dreaming of a Tartarus but it still hasn't happened.

Anyway, I have only used the controller a little bit but it's been very nice. It's highly programmable, fits bigger hands very comfortably and it's easy to browse the internet with as well.

Nice to know, thanks :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS