Login

russian armor

Sales numbers CoH2?

2 Jul 2013, 21:24 PM

The casual dude scrolling through Steam Store never having played vCoH? Thats a target, too.

Then imo they should ask for their 60 bucks back...or at least half of it. Hell I want half my money back and I've played enough to be at like lvl 68 or something.

It simply, from front to back, is not a finished product. Forget balance issues, the technical issues and complete regression from the first game in terms of lobbies, matchmaking, rankings, etc warrant this game as bargain bin material at best.

Good concept. Horrible, awful, shameful execution.

2 Jul 2013, 22:29 PM

It really doesn't feel like coh 2 is much more popular than coh 1 was in terms of online players. 21000 is a big number but I'm guessing the vast majority of those are campaign players. Automatch numbers feel more or less the same as coh 1 numbers about a year ago. I feel like the vast majority of people playing automatch are coh 1 veterans and I think its probably hard for players who are new to the series to get into competitive play. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like there are just very few new players in automatch and what that means is that when new players start playing online they're going to get stomped, discouraged, and probably end up quitting. Most people don't have the patience to research strats, watch videos and read guides in order to have an enjoyable experience, and I think thats more or less the way it is right now. What causes this issue is the issue itself, there not being enough new players drives new players away. The core problem is that the game isn't new enough, innovative enough, etc.

I think if any of us were asked what the succesor to CoH would be like when we just started playing CoH in 2006 I think we would imagine it being WAY better than CoH 2 is. Realistically the graphics in this game are only slightly better than CoH 1, the blizzard mechanic to many of us has a negative impact on the game. It lacks a leaderboard, many people have issues with DLC, etc... This game today is a shadow of what CoH was when it launched and its disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I like this game, but I also liked CoH 1. It isn't innovative enough to bring in a large new playerbase in my opinion. It's coh 1 with a bit better graphics, a shiny new UI, and DLC.

I don't really blame relic for all of this. I think the biggest issue was probably lack of funding from THQ and I hope that with sega taking over the next game they come out with will be the kind of product I expect from relic after playing dawn of war 1 and 2 and company of heroes. It just kind of sucks that the last game they had to make in the middle of the THQ crisis was the successor to their best game.
2 Jul 2013, 23:46 PM

Then imo they should ask for their 60 bucks back...or at least half of it. Hell I want half my money back and I've played enough to be at like lvl 68 or something.

It simply, from front to back, is not a finished product. Forget balance issues, the technical issues and complete regression from the first game in terms of lobbies, matchmaking, rankings, etc warrant this game as bargain bin material at best.

After over 2 years of living on credit, Relic is planning big layoffs in August, according to Aaron Kaufman.
3 Jul 2013, 00:01 AM

I think the game is well worth the money. Don't know the sales figures though obviously.

With reference to automatch, coh 2 games take longer on average so if there is roughly the same number of players matching (as appears to be the case) then it's likely there are more players online overall as more will be in game at any given time.
3 Jul 2013, 00:49 AM

Because YOU didn't like it though. Because it didn't tickle your fancy. Don't get me wrong, I agree lacking ladders and other stuff is subpar, but its not a legitimate reaosn to demand my money back. They didn't promise ladders, and I knew there weren't going to be ladders by the time we were in open beta. They didn't "lie" to me.

Wether those people should get their money back is between them and the store. It has onthing to do with whether the game sells well or not. Its not like they pulled a friggin' Simcity
3 Jul 2013, 03:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Lobby and Ladder should be considered an industry standard by now.
3 Jul 2013, 04:42 AM

They are, but its not what decides whether your product is legally incomplete or not (ladders are a feature, not a requirement). That's all I meant.

By all means, an RTS without a ladder is considered subpar in basic features, and CoH2 is no exception. they need to include them.
3 Jul 2013, 05:36 AM

Permanently Banned
People used to buy DoW2 just for the unmoderated Lobby shit chat :D

Im not even kidding. I counted atleast 5 confirmed purchases on free weekends because people where so amused by shenanigans in the Lobby.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★