Login

russian armor

S-Minefield vs Clowncar.

1 Jul 2013, 03:18 AM

For everyone who didn't watch the finals from the TFN Tournament. Here is a Tip from one of the Balance devs.

1. You can plant single squares of S-Mines, you simply have to cancel the buildorder after the first Square. This will make three mines. The Pioneers will always start to build the Square closest to them. If you do this, you pay only 20 Ammo.
2. This is nice in itself and many people knew it already. The new part is: These will do very good damage to Clowncars. Every mine does 40 Damage, the Scoutcar has 160 Hp, therefore it will loose 3/4 hp for 20 Ammo if it drives over all of them.

Panzerfaust does only 80 damage for 25 Ammo, but gives the enginedamage (mines wont damage the engine).

I would recommend to use it with a MG, because that will make sure the Scoutcar is rushing the MG and therefore the Mines.
Also they are very good to protect a flank of a MG, because if they explode in the Fogofwar you will hear it, and they slow the enemy down quite a bit.

Problems:
-You still need 80 Ammo to start with...
-There are freaking signs that tell your enemy what he has to expect. [Btw you can't drive over these sign with your own scoutcar to hide it )=] These signs are a pretty big Problem... 1 mine doesn't cover a whole Capturecircle. Enemys can jump over fences to avoid them...

Maybe it could work if you put them behind a corner or something like that.

My Suggestion:
Abuse them while the Soviets don't know that they have to look out for the signs, and abuse them while Soviets don't know that these signs don't mean a huge minefield. Maybe we can make them usefull afterwards with some new strats that you guys will find out by using them.

For the Devs I suggest: Make them 60 ammo so the starting price isn't as high. And I really don't think they need these signs... After walking into one mine you know what is infront of you. Maybe make it so that there is only one sign in the middle?
1 Jul 2013, 03:21 AM

Just make it cost 20 munitions for one small minefield, and the possibility to drag a rectangle to make a bigger minefield for 20*X munitions.
1 Jul 2013, 03:23 AM

With the warning signs in Place that would be fair.
But I would rather like to see less warning signs. And for that I think the initial 60 ammo barrier would be fine.
1 Jul 2013, 05:34 AM

Warning signs need to go. There's little to no point in cloaking mines with them, we might as well put a big targeting circle on cloaked snipers if this logic stands.

The trick is nifty, I have to admit, but it is a workaround to a big problem.

I dont want to save 80 munitions, in a munitions starving army, to place a single basic mine, that does very little damage. I would much rather have a 75 munition shrek, and I'll deal with those scout cars in a straight, no nonesense way.

25 munitions for a solid AP mine, and a soft AT solution. 50-60 munitions for an AT mine (M8 mine or teller mines). The formula worked wonders before, there was no need to change it then and it would still work now, even if split between pure AP and pure AT.
1 Jul 2013, 06:42 AM

I have seen scout cars run through my minefield before, and take very little damage.

Maybe because scout cars have armor of 8.4, while s-mines have a penetration of 5. But their aoe penetration is 1. I am not sure which is used

Source:http://coh-moderncombat.com/CoH2Stats/Soviets/Vehicles/m3a1_scout_car.html

http://coh-moderncombat.com/CoH2Stats/Axis/Weapons/axis_mine_anti_personnel_mp.html
1 Jul 2013, 09:37 AM
Patrion 27

Why we can't build a single mine baffles me to no end. They got rid of Soviet wire fields but kept the crappy s-mines...?
1 Jul 2013, 09:41 AM

S mine penetration is too low and it has warning signs. ACHTUNG MINEN! <- Really? Who came up with that?
Plus the mines are placed randomly! Even if he drives right through the field he'll just catch one or two.

I think it is a kinda bad counter that might work against bad players but suggesting this during a tournament with excellent players is no good idea.
1 Jul 2013, 10:49 AM

I still don't understand the reasoning behind making s-mines plantable in fields as opposed to single mines. It's absolutely retarded in my opinion and one of the worst things about this game. Nobody will EVER plant 4 mines in a field its too expensive and too obvious. Having to cancel the build after one is just cumbersome and stupid. I can't think of one reason not to change it back to just planting 1 mine ala CoH 1.... Nobody wants this relic....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
Sweden 30
Poland 9
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %