Login

russian armor

Novel idea to 'fix/punish' blobbing.

4 Jan 2016, 20:01 PM

Ok I'll cut straight to the point.

How about if you have too many units in a certain area (whether of a certain type or just number of units idk yet) then they are penalised with a delay when retreating. So when you click 'retreat' rather than an instant reaction they take longer to start retreating, as it would irl with a larger force.

So if you are controlling your blob and you hear kat/stuka etc or you get surrounded the enemy has a few more moments to inflict higher losses on you.

Smaller groups of units obviously have no delay still.

Just an idea, what do you guys think? I see lots of people suggesting altering MP income or debuff auras for blobs etc and just thought this might be a good start.
4 Jan 2016, 20:05 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 20:01 PMGrim
Ok I'll cut straight to the point.

How about if you have too many units in a certain area (whether of a certain type or just number of units idk yet) then they are penalised with a delay when retreating. So when you click 'retreat' rather than an instant reaction they take longer to start retreating, as it would irl with a larger force.

So if you are controlling your blob and you hear kat/stuka etc or you get surrounded the enemy has a few more moments to inflict higher losses on you.

Smaller groups of units obviously have no delay still.

Just an idea, what do you guys think? I see lots of people suggesting altering MP income or debuff auras for blobs etc and just thought this might be a good start.

Messing with the retreat function would just be bad for gameplay. Elite Troops stun grenade (and maybe Sturmpio stun grenade) already do this.

It would be a rather poor mechanic if, as soon as you hear the pwerfer fire, you retreat, but you still lose a squad or two because they took to long to move. That wouldn't reward early reaction time and it would confuse new players about the "save my squad from certain death" mechanic if it didn't function consistently/how it does now.
4 Jan 2016, 20:21 PM

It would be a rather poor mechanic if, as soon as you hear the pwerfer fire, you retreat, but you still lose a squad or two because they took to long to move.

But thats the point.....A big blob should be hindered and suffer a slower reaction compared to small groups of units.

If you read my post it suggests that the retreat time is only delayed if you blob (whatever we could describe that as) which means that anti blob weapons can do further damage.

if you are just using a couple of squads for example then the reaction time would be the same.
4 Jan 2016, 20:56 PM

This is an interesting idea, although I still support giving actual blobbers a debuff. Like, the person behind the computer.
4 Jan 2016, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 20:21 PMGrim

But thats the point.....A big blob should be hindered and suffer a slower reaction compared to small groups of units.

Why most army groups retreat uncontrollably? First units retreat in panic and panic is contagnious...

---> When unit retreat is blast a "Panic" aura around it. (same kind as that officer dead thing on okw) point is that the more units you have lost the bigger the aura would be of that unit. So that the most damaged unit of the blob activates a panic retreat on the blob... ---> same way it would be retreating squad weapons...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★