Login

russian armor

Re-crewing vehicles....

3 Jan 2016, 16:49 PM

Pardon the noobiness / possible blindness...

Playing as UKF I haven't been able to recrew any vehicles... Panver V knocked out in my base so I tried RE and IS but they just used it for cover. Convinced myself that I couldn't do it so brought in some recovery sappers thinking I might be able to scavenge some resources, but that didn't work either.

Gutted that i spent 450 manpower on two units who didn't appear to be able to do jack. Are you meant to use them as minesweepers or something? They can't build or lay mines and scavenging a UC wreck I didn't even notice what if anything they recovered.
3 Jan 2016, 17:27 PM

Do you have a screenshot or replay? The tank may have done the cooked-up animation which looks like it is abandoned.
3 Jan 2016, 17:51 PM

Was the vehicle actually abandoned or just knocked out? No idea how new you actually are but you can only re crew abandoned vehicles.
3 Jan 2016, 18:05 PM
Patrion 27

Pardon the noobiness / possible blindness...

Playing as UKF I haven't been able to recrew any vehicles... Panver V knocked out in my base so I tried RE and IS but they just used it for cover. Convinced myself that I couldn't do it so brought in some recovery sappers thinking I might be able to scavenge some resources, but that didn't work either.

Gutted that i spent 450 manpower on two units who didn't appear to be able to do jack. Are you meant to use them as minesweepers or something? They can't build or lay mines and scavenging a UC wreck I didn't even notice what if anything they recovered.

Abandoned tanks will have a grey health bar under them. Perhaps it was cooked like Swiftsabre mentioned.
3 Jan 2016, 18:41 PM

It had a white health bar showing about 50% remaining.

If it was a wreck I'd imagine those otherwise useless recovery sappers could have salvaged something from it.

Think I've played about 10 games online so pretty nooby... Had the same issue on other vehicles too, not sure whether there is a separate hotkey or whatnot though I don't get the enter tooltip and clicking on a vehicle just sees them using it as cover.

No reply to hand, though will look out for it in the future.
3 Jan 2016, 18:42 PM

If it was a wreck I'd imagine those otherwise useless recovery sappers could have salvaged something from it.

Think I've played about 10 games online so pretty nooby... Had the same issue on other vehicles too, not sure whether there is a separate hotkey or whatnot though I don't get the enter tooltip and clicking on a vehicle just sees them using it as cover.

50%? I guess it was showing bar of the cover from destroyed tank, not health of the tank.
3 Jan 2016, 19:41 PM

in some games,
I surprised by the KT that's suddenly appears in field and the icon also didn't appears in mini maps
but it was a knocked out KT

sometimes also still misidentifications the knocked out vehicles with the life vehicles, cuz they were similar

LOL
3 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

Are we putting this down to noobyness then? :)

If a tank has been decrewed then you just select unit and click on the tank to recrew it? Is there a minimum squad size needed to recrew?
3 Jan 2016, 19:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Are we putting this down to noobyness then? :)

If a tank has been decrewed then you just select unit and click on the tank to recrew it? Is there a minimum squad size needed to recrew?

It will have a little circle that says the minimum squad size to recrew it, just like when recrewing weapons.
5 Jan 2016, 04:21 AM

No special skills required to re-crew; just select your squad and right click the vehicle in question. special note, don't do it in the middle of combat, obviously. also, if you're the one whose tank is abandoned, you might consider attacking ground with other assets, if it looks in danger of being taken. just destroy it.
5 Jan 2016, 08:12 AM

Yeah I've since seen abandoned vehicles and managed to recrew them. That part was definitely noobyness.

Must have been a wreck though I have no idea why it didn't allow me to salvage it...

Used these recovery engineers quite successfully the other night, didn't realise you got manpower from them or reasonable amounts of fuel. I guess the extra 30 manpower might pay for itself after all. It does rather make the bog standard unsupported KT a pleasure to see on the battlefield. :)

Thank you all.
5 Jan 2016, 08:14 AM

Then it was destroyed.

Abandoned vehicles always have only a sliver of health.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 82
Poland 7
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak